• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

The best combo I can figure out with Ferra/Torr:

neutral jump 2,f2,b121bf4

31%

It might be the best combo they have. I don't see how it can get any better, even if I used meter.

Hmm?

I'm using 6 buttons and doing fine. Well....as fine as you can being a total scrub.

The only thing I hate is that in training mode, there isn't a button combination to reset positions because it's the touchpad on the DS4.

If you turn on pause delay in gameplay options you can do the training mode reset with a double tap of start.

That feeling when you make your own sweet-looking combo, only to find out that a simpler one does more damage...

Even worse: When you do a sweet looking combo, then figure out how to add a couple moves to the beginning of it... only to find that adding those moves decreases the damage.

Damage scaling in NRS games can be kinda wonky like that.

onQ123

Posted?

http://gearnuke.com/mortal-kombat-x...eveals-native-1080p-ps4-sub-native-1080p-xbo/

Mortal Kombat X is now available for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. According to a tweet from the director, Ed Boon, the game runs at 1080p/60fps on a highly customized version of Unreal Engine 3. With the retail game in our hands, it’s finally time for our resident pixel counter to put it through its paces.

Boon’s tweet from last year didn’t really clarify whether both consoles would render the game at a native resolution of 1080p. After taking a close look at the PS4 version, we can confirm that the game does indeed run at the intended resolution on Sony’s platform.

Moving over to the Xbox One version, it’s quite apparent that it doesn’t quite meet the target resolution. A closer look at the sub-pixel structure reveals a vertical resolution of 1080 pixels, which is in-line with the PS4 version.

mkxres2final.jpg

However, the horizontal resolution appears to be scaled up from 1360 pixels. In comparison, the PS4 renders 1920 horizontal pixels with no scaling involved, resulting in cleaner image quality.

mkxresfinal.jpg

Our ardent friends over at Beyond3D also appear to have identified the same native resolution for the Xbox One version. The findings are indeed disappointing, but not entirely unexpected.

Let us know what you think about these findings, and whether they affect your purchase decision, in the comments below.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can you even enjoy this like mk1/2...aka special moves and sweep/uppercuts? :(

First impression PS4 version:

After waiting 3 hours for the patch to download, boot up game. Staets playing the factions video and crashes. Second attempt, starts playing factions video, lets me choose a faction, while I'm deciding, game crashes. What in the holy fuck.

Trying to come up with combos for kitana, and no idea if they're good or not.

Well you should be getting 30% or so meterless, 40% in the corner, and up to 50% with a bar of meter in the corner.

Simple bnb 1,1,1,ground fan, dash up, f+4,3, jump 2, jump 2, f+4~lift, njp, f+4~throat slice.

f+2,2,u+4~air fan, dash up f+3,3~ground fan, dash up f+4~lift, njp, f+4~throat slice.

Kinsei

Banned
Any good D'Vorah combo videos? I've figured out a few, but since this is the first time I've tried to seriously play a fighter outside of Smash there's no doubt that there's much better ones out there I haven't discovered.

Well you should be getting 30% or so meterless, 40% in the corner, and up to 50% with a bar of meter in the corner.

Simple bnb 1,1,1,ground fan, dash up, f+4,3, jump 2, jump 2, f+4~lift, njp, f+4~throat slice.

f+2,2,u+4~air fan, dash up f+3,3~ground fan, dash up f+4~lift, njp, f+4~throat slice.

"Simple bnb: 500 hit combo"

This is why I play characters like Ferra/Torr, lol.

Dr. Buni

I can finally play it!!! Jesus Christ, this game is so fucking good. It runs perfectly fine, locked 60fps :D This computer was worthy after all.

D'Vorah is amazing.

I don't know if there's anything worse in this world than hearing someone's little kid cry on their mic as you do Ermac's fatality to them.

What is wrong with people?

malfcn

Online is fun until to meet that connection that is utter shit. Unfortunately that is common. I understand the region lock.

aly

I'm weirdly invested in this story mode. The story is both dumb and good at the same time. Also gives me my new Mortal Kombat OTP.
Jaqui x Takeda
It works.

Also I am terrible with Kotal Khan and bug lady.

Ferrio

Banned

How the hell doyou get 2 jumping 2s in there? Pushes them really far away... and man the combos I was coming up wasn't like any of these lol.

How the hell doyou get 2 jumping 2s in there? Pushes them really far away... and man the combos I was coming up wasn't like any of these lol.

Her jump 2 doesn't push them that far and it travels far. So you just like hold up/forward and mash. It's easy once you get it down.

Just finished the story mode

At some point, for the first time ever, I also ended up enjoying playing Sub Zero over Scorpion somehow. I like his move set more

But about the story mode

Dat Dark Raiden. Dat Emperor and Empress Liu Kang and Kitana

Goes without saying, they seem to have an idea of what they want to do with the sequel. Some other things

I was really surprised to find out that Asian looking lady from one of the trailers is actually Li Mei. I had some suspicions when I found out that there were gonna be refuges from a destroyed village at some point in the story. Wonder if she and Sareena will be DLC at some point? Possibly in the next game?

Running a HRAP4 kai on PC, got a button config question.

Want the layout to be:

TH - 1 - 2 - INTERACT
BL - 3 - 4 - STANCE

when I try to set R2 as my 4(back kick) it sets it as "160". WTF is that? A few bindings share inputs, and I can't seem to simply specify them singularly. it's not cool haha.

Edit; NVM, got it but is' dumb. Need to define filler then the actual input, switching between different button maps before they settle. Hard to explain. It's dumb but works now.

Top Bottom