• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

kris.

Banned
Got to about 8gb of the last 10gb install and Steam fucked up and said it was corrupt and stopped and restarted and life is awful. Except now I have story mode. But it doesn't have any cutscenes. I'm done for tonight.

I can't seem to play online on PS4, not KOTH anyway. I get stuck at "Waiting for response" when trying to join a KOTH in a room and nothing happens.

Shouta

Jax throws don't seem to do very much even for the meter burn version. His 3rd variation seems like the best one.

Trying all the other chars before I decide on one a few.

Majestad

Banned
Anyone else here maining Cassie Cage? What's the best combo you've found?

I can do a cornered 31% combo with no bar. Other than that, I'm still figuring out what to do with her. I've only experimented with the Hollywood variation.

PartyChan

Anyone who got the Coarse Scorpion Statue edition

Did the actual game come in a standard retail case (with a barcode, no "not for retail" marking)? Mine won't come for a few days, so I wanna know if i'm able to go and grab a retail copy that I can return with my SE copy

PS4 copy. Game comes in a standard retail case, however, has NO BARCODE nor does it have the 'not for retail' message. It's just blank.

I'm just gonna say it.

The fact that there are multiple characters in story mode that obviously have unique move sets that are already coded into the game that I'm sure I'm gonna have to pay to unlock even after I bought my season pass, is bullshit. I like playing as Rain, just let me play as him.

SlickVic

Just played 10 matches before I was finally able to pull off a Fatality. My problem with fighters is I can never get consistent with my timing. Even when I practice a fatality or any combo, I still mess it up 30-40% of the time in-game because I botch the timing.

I'm just gonna say it.

The fact that there are multiple characters in story mode that obviously have unique move sets that are already coded into the game that I'm sure I'm gonna have to pay to unlock even after I bought my season pass, is bullshit. I like playing as Rain, just let me play as him.

Am I really going to have to say it again?

Delt31

Bought PC version with goro and I don't have him when booting into the game. Went to steam and it's showing as goro still not purchased ($5 cost is still there where as the kombat pack is no since I bought that already). Any trick to getting goro to actually work?

Majestad

Banned
Nice gesture from the KI team:

KIMKCongrats.jpg

Pachinko

Well I tried out a bunch of this game now and it's pretty good so far. I'm guessing sony's servers are crapping out though because I can't download goro , my PS account agrees it's been redeemed but when I go to download it the store page doesn't exist.

Anyone find it through other means so's I can get some 4 armed action up on this biz ?

JackEtc

Man, I am FEELING Takeda. Been cleaning up with him online, and have NEVER been successful in a fighting game online before. Guess it helps that I'm on on day 1 though

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bought PC version with goro and I don't have him when booting into the game. Went to steam and it's showing as goro still not purchased ($5 cost is still there where as the kombat pack is no since I bought that already). Any trick to getting goro to actually work?

If you bought it outside of steam, Goro is a seperate key

If you bought it on steam...well either you missed the pre order window or I don't know

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Nice gesture from the KI team:

KIMKCongrats.jpg
That's pretty cool.

On topic I'm loving this game, it's the most tight playing MK by far. I feel like it's extremely execution heavy and the skill gap is gonna widen pretty fast. That said it's still fun as hell, Im having a blast learning Sub-Zero, Erron and Takeda.

Yup, that shits dumb AF after the 7th one

Nahh, they're easy. I use a trick I learned a long time ago(playing the torture scene in MGS for PS1). Using a controller, take something with a rounded edge or bottom and rub it quickly over the face buttons. It's stupid easy that way. I think i'm around 240 on the leaderboard doing that.

What's the point of kano's choke? Is it a taunt? He has two other command grabs that do more damage, and it does less than a normal throw.

Delt31

If you bought it outside of steam, Goro is a seperate key

If you bought it on steam...well either you missed the pre order window or I don't know

I bought it from game2deal. They only gave me 1 code. anyone else get another code from them?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I bought it from game2deal. They only gave me 1 code. anyone else get another code from them?

That sounds like one of them less than reputable sites, you might be SOL. Stoll, I would contact them about it

Deadstar

Does this game seem slow for anyone else? It seems like there is a pause between a lot of the moves or before you can stand up. I'm pressing buttons and I feel like nothing is happening. MK9 was much more fast paced.

Do you need an arcade stick for mortal kombat? Havent played a game in this series since i had MK2 on the Mega Drive <: And do you need to activate a code for Goro?

Dr. Buni

Does this game seem slow for anyone else? It seems like there is a pause between a lot of the moves or before you can stand up. I'm pressing buttons and I feel like nothing is happening. MK9 was much more fast paced.
Nope, it feels much faster and less clunky than MK9 to me. I am having a bit of trouble adapting to the pacing of the game, in fact.

Turning release check off in the control options may help.

So far I'm in the Scorpion portion of the story. I liked how when Cyber SZ died the human form came back as a Quan Chi minion allowing him to become human again when Raiden reversed the spell. Also I like seeing Scorpion in his human from

Fury451

Banned
I'm just gonna say it.

They are clones. They share move sets with other characters, just different dressing. Rain is Raiden with like the bubble move and one other maybe. There's like one or two unique moves each- but yes, they probably will be expanded.

Top Bottom