• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

RM8

How's the pc version running now?
As I mentioned in other thread - maybe because I started downloading at ~6 p.m., but I never encountered most of the problems most people mentioned. With the first 3GB download or at most only a handful of parts installed (max. 5) I had only Scorpion and Sub-Zero (as opposed to not having them), and I had the snow forest stage. Zero crashes on my PC, and my PC is truly a relic (I'm upgrading soon!), except for when I tried to choose Kitana's samurai costume, it clearly wasn't installed yet. So yeah, I'm not pessimistic about the PC version at all except for the potentially terrible netcode.

EDIT: It was a "Killer Launch" alright, lol.

Uff duh

Banned
Nice gesture from the KI team:

KIMKCongrats.jpg

Thats cool! Isnt Iron Galaxy Dev for KI now? Dave Lang and Boon worked together at Midway back in the day right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would love one of those mkx pads (for every fighter in general) but aparently they aren't available in europe.

I actually haven't tried my ps3 TE1 on my new pc, I remember it had problems working on some motherboards back in the day. it worked fine on my old rig. Tbh I don't really like playing MK games on it but the alternative is a 360 pad so...yeah :/

natertots

Well I have the day off tomorrow and will be going to pick up a copy after I wake up. Debating getting the premium edition as I'll end up getting the Kombat Pack anyways. Needless to say, I am very excited to get my hands on this game. Huge MK fan and this one just looks amazing in my opinion.

They are clones. They share move sets with other characters, just different dressing. Rain is Raiden with like the bubble move and one other maybe. There's like one or two unique moves each- but yes, they probably will be expanded.

Rain in campaign seems to play pretty much how he did in MK9, not very much like raiden as far as I could tell. They could probably bring him over as a future DLC character without too much work

Fury451

Banned
Rain in campaign seems to play pretty much how he did in MK9, not very much like raiden as far as I could tell. They could probably bring him over as a future DLC character without too much work

He seemed different to me. They most likely did copy and paste his basic moves from MK9, but I'd be surprised if they just left that in in the future. Every other character got completely different move variations (aside from the signature specials naturally), even ones that were in the last game.

But there is one attack he does involving lightning and water that's pretty clearly a copy and paste job from Raiden.

eshwaaz

Barely scratched the surface, but really loving this so far.

Main disappointments are how few stages there are (only 13?), and that there are no stage fatalities. Has there ever been an MK without?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I was thinking about starting a chat up on ps4 for challenges and fights in MK. PM if you'd like to join it! You can also hit me up on PSN : thetrinidad

Beardz

PC version here.

The game crashes a lot but I just played online with some random dude for about one hour, had a blast! When the game works is fun as hell.

jond76

Banned
What happened to that dumb thread about the patching of koin value? Closed because it was a bs complaint?

Turns out, I spent some time in the Krypt, and you get a lot of koins by just exploring around. A bunch of drama over nothing.

I'm waiting for my turn at king of the hill. This game is a lot of fun!

drotahorror

Yep I'm having to rest after a few attempts. On the 10th test. I can get it green but when I press a trigger I brick it.

And got it. The unlock was worth I guess.

What happened to that dumb thread about the patching of koin value? Closed because it was a bs complaint?

Turns out, I spent some time in the Krypt, and you get a lot of koins by just exploring around. A bunch of drama over nothing.

I got it fully explored now, you get probably 50k koins.

Pollux

Think I'm maining sub zero, erron black....and deciding on #3. Leaning towards Goro but that's cheating...right?

This respect trophy is raising my blood pressure. Everyone gives some for the first win, then mayyyybe one person in a room full of people actually gives points after that.

Dr. Buni

Barely scratched the surface, but really loving this so far.

Main disappointments are how few stages there are (only 13?), and that there are no stage fatalities. Has there ever been an MK without?
Yeah, the game has very few stages, but on the other hand, they all look incredible. Lin Kuei Temple is gorgeous.

npa189

So are there really only 2 fatalities per fighter? I find that a little hard to believe, and no stage finishers is a bit nuts. I can see where most of the time and effort went, the game is visually awesome, probably the best looking fighter from a graphic and production value point. It looks amazing in motion, but the roster cut is such a shame. I miss my main man Cyrax, but I am really digging Kung Lao and Sub Zero this time around.

Dr. Buni

So are there really only 2 fatalities per fighter? I find that a little hard to believe, and no stage finishers is a bit nuts. I can see where most of the time and effort went, the game is visually awesome, probably the best looking fighter from a graphic and production value point. It looks amazing in motion, but the roster cut is such a shame. I miss my main man Cyrax, but I am really digging Kung Lao and Sub Zero this time around.
The game has less characters, but their quality is much higher than the MK9 huge roster. I think it is better this way.

And yes, only two fatalies per fighter + brutalities + faction kill, I think.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Eh. Never was a big raiden fan. Need someone else.

Ive won almost every fight online expect against good raiden players. Fucking pain in the ass man. But just you wait you raiden.....just you wait. Give me a month and my sub zero will turn you into a snow cone.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

2 fatalities per character is the standard for MK tho

Anyone know whays good with links in this game?

Raiden's down+circle kick has 24 frames advantage on hit. His forward+square is 7 frames startup. It should be very easy to link these moves, and it apparently is, but the combo counter doesn't pop up. Is there a reason why it doesn't combo? Do links exist in MK?

Was practicing with Kotal for hours and noticed I could barely get off a hit vs. the hard mode CPU. I just switched over to Scorpion and I'm already doing much better.

I think Kotal may be too slow :(

Fmal

Banned
Anyone know whays good with links in this game?

Raiden's down+circle kick has 24 frames advantage on hit. His forward+square is 7 frames startup. It should be very easy to link these moves, and it apparently is, but the combo counter doesn't pop up. Is there a reason why it doesn't combo? Do links exist in MK?

Can't link in MK games. The only combos you can do in this game are the ones given to you in the move list, but you can connect them with special moves.

If you're from Street Fighter just pretend linking doesn't exist but there's a billion different target combos for each character.

Scarphace

Just beat the story, it was pretty easy for the most part. The hardest guy for me was Liu Kang for some reason, but it was pretty simple overall.

Was practicing with Kotal for hours and noticed I could barely get off a hit vs. the hard mode CPU. I just switched over to Scorpion and I'm already doing much better.

I think Kotal may be to slow :(

I think I feel ya on that. I really want Kotal to be one of my mains, the idea of dropping that EX Sun Beam in the corner is so tempting, but it's really hard to get in a combo or when they are being knocked down

Slurmer

Banned
Is there a point to mileena's ethereal variation besides evasion and blowing up zoners? It seemed like it would be really good for setups but the recovery on her teleport isnt good enough to make that the case.

So I'm looking to properly dig into the mechanics of this one. Only played MK9 very casually because it was banned in Australia for like 2 years and the community had already moved on.

I'm glad to see Shinnok return. Might make him my main depending on how he feels. MK4 introduced a lot of cool character imo. I'm hoping for Fujin as DLC eventually,

Can't link in MK games. The only combos you can do in this game are the ones given to you in the move list, but you can connect them with special moves.

If you're from Street Fighter just pretend linking doesn't exist but there's a billion different target combos for each character.
But what is happening that stops the link? Can they just suddenly block it arbitrarily? What kind of system is at play?

Btw I played MK9 a bit but never really noticed you cant link. The fact that they show frame data in game made me more exploratory I guess.

Top Bottom