• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

ryan13ts

The final boss in story mode is the most laughably overpowered, move spamming piece of shit I've ever played in a fighting game, and that's saying a lot. It's pretty much ruined what was otherwise a fantastic experience in the single player mode. How the hell did they let this crap get through testing? All he does is spam that chest beam over and over and over again, it's ridiculous. In one round, that's actually all he did the entire time, me and my friend couldn't believe it. It doesn't help that Cassie does very little damage, even in combos and he recovers almost instantly on all of his moves.

I'm borderline about to say fuck it and just return it, shit like this can ruin a game completely for me.

Slurmer

Banned
The final boss in story mode is the most laughably overpowered, move spamming piece of shit I've ever played in a fighting game, and that's saying a lot. It's pretty much ruined what was otherwise a fantastic experience in the single player mode. How the hell did they let this crap get through testing? All he does is spam that chest beam over and over and over again, it's ridiculous. In one round, that's actually all he did the entire time, me and my friend couldn't believe it. It doesn't help that Cassie does very little damage, even in combos and he recovers almost instantly on all of his moves.

I'm borderline about to say fuck it and just return the game, shit like this can ruin a game completely for me.

Its not that bad, it just sucks for those of us that do story first and havent learned cassie. Shao Kahn in MK9 story was infinitely worse lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I noticed you could set story to very easy, can't you just do that or is he still cheap?

Krejlooc

Banned
What happened to that dumb thread about the patching of koin value? Closed because it was a bs complaint?

Turns out, I spent some time in the Krypt, and you get a lot of koins by just exploring around. A bunch of drama over nothing.

I'm waiting for my turn at king of the hill. This game is a lot of fun!

looks like it never was true. the number of koins you get decreases every time you do the same mission. so people were seeing the normal depreciation of koin return and thinking it was the patch.

I'm borderline about to say fuck it and just return it, shit like this can ruin a game completely for me.

You didn't play MK9 lol Shao Khan was way worse I was stuck on him for hours I literally had to quit cuz it was seriously pissing me off and I was playing in the easiest difficulty. I beat the last boss in MKX on my 2nd try on medium

Anyways how the hell do we do Ermac's first fatality?? I keep trying but ain't shit happening I pulled it off once but now I just keep doing the 2nd one

I think I feel ya on that. I really want Kotal to be one of my mains, the idea of dropping that EX Sun Beam in the corner is so tempting, but it's really hard to get in a combo or when they are being knocked down
Actually, I just tested out a few moves that are as fast as any other character's. He's definitely slower overall, but it seems enough to set up some heavier hits.

Still trying to figure out good timing for the Sun Beam, though.

You didn't play MK9 lol Shao Khan was way worse I was stuck on him for hours I literally had to quit cuz it was seriously piss ing me off I beat the last boss in MKX on my 2nd try

Anyways how the hell do we do Ermac's first fatality?? I keep trying but ain't shit happening I pulled it off once but now I just keep doing the 2nd one

Let go of block before you hit back.

You didn't play MK9 lol Shao Khan was way worse I was stuck on him for hours I literally had to quit cuz it was seriously pissing me off and I was playing in the easiest difficulty. I beat the last boss in MKX on my 2nd try on medium

Hold block for down up then let go of block for forward or back, whichevwr it is.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Anyone else feel the AI was super cheap in this game? I cant count the number of times they spammed projectiles, corner combo'd, or just kept repeating shit. Fighting people online isn't near as frustrating, since you can read them at least. AI is just "Rush, spam, rush, spam". Really left a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to the SP compared to MK9. You're trying to learn a new character and before you can do shit you're caught in 30% combo FFS

Edzi

I remember some people mentioned that you can only change factions during specific times, but it seems to let me change mine whenever I want. The only catch is that I lose all my faction points.

Just finished the story
That ending kind a left me wondering though what of Kung Lao and Liu Kang? I mean there's an old Kung as the default character select but we just don't see how he get back

ryan13ts

I had zero trouble with Shao Khan, I believe I beat him on maybe the 2nd try. This asshole is a whole different story, he just continues to spam that beam over and over and over again, not to mention the damage it does is crazy. I've been on this for hours now and still can't beat him and I refuse to skip or go down to a different difficulty, especially when I had no trouble before this and beat everyone else without losing a single round. This is just the mark of a terribly designed boss.

Anyone else feel the AI was super cheap in this game? I cant count the number of times they spammed projectiles, corner combo'd, or just kept repeating shit. Fighting people online isn't near as frustrating, since you can read them at least. AI is just "Rush, spam, rush, spam". Really left a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to the SP compared to MK9. You're trying to learn a new character and before you can do shit you're caught in 30% combo FFS
What difficulty are you on? On "Hard" it seems like they're able to predict inputs almost perfectly.

Just finished the story
That ending kind a left me wondering though what of Kung Lao and Liu Kang? I mean there's an old Kung as the default character select but we just don't see how he get back

All characters, revenants or not, have their "regular" look as a costume.

As for the bit in your spoiler tag:
Since Quan Chi died, the 4 of them (Kung Lao, Sindel, Liu Kang, Kitana) will probably never be resurrected. And the latter two are the new rulers of the Netherrealm.

Nyx

Seriously? He was piss easy compared to MK9's boss.

I've honestly had no matches with noticeable lag input on PSN. Am I the only one? I keep hearing about bad netcode, but I haven't been experiencing it.

rrc1594

It's a whole lot better than I expected tbh.

It's hard for me think because KI and this MK is first fighting games I taken seriously on a competitive level. So coming from KI's netcode to this is hard for me. I'm not use to so much delay. I really like the game, I just got to get use to I guess.

I'm at 100 matches, I would say 90 of them have been really smooth.

I wouldn't be surprised if half the terrible matches are from people on wireless on one end or the other.

Teknoman

Go play King of Fighters then come back and say that :p

Can anyone with the PC version help me?
How do I download the rest of MK X files?
I've downloaded the first 3gb and it seems that I can't download the rest if I don't play it. I'm on a laptop and it can't run the game (32 bit). I'm going to backup the files from this laptop to my PC later.

T.O.P

Banned
Kung Jin - Bojutsu has insane damage, litterally wrecking people so far

Still, i can't block for shit, i'll never get used to press RT to block or to break combos, my brain can't even process it

HOLY SHIT @ KUNG JIN!

Someone said earlier in the thread that they thought he was OP.

They weren't kidding! The dude literally tears enemies apart.

I suspect this guy will be a favorite online.

alstein

I've downloaded the first 3gb and it seems that I can't download the rest if I don't play it. I'm on a laptop and it can't run the game (32 bit). I'm going to backup the files from this laptop to my PC later.

Try restarting Steam, right-clicking on game, and checking DLC. You should have boxes there to check.

Go to your Steam library, click on MKX, and check/click the boxes that say MKX package.

ScrubSaibot

Neo Member

Block fireball and then run at him and jump over him to cross him up and make the beam whiff. Then hit him with whatever you want. Repeat until dead.

Top Bottom