• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

drotahorror

Is there anyway to see the challenges in the game? Every now and then on the left side of the screen something will pop up like "Uppercut level 2, XP and Coins etc"

Where can I view that information?

All characters, revenants or not, have their "regular" look as a costume.

As for the bit in your spoiler tag:
Since Quan Chi died, the 4 of them (Kung Lao, Sindel, Liu Kang, Kitana) will probably never be resurrected. And the latter two are the new rulers of the Netherrealm.

lol....
what about that bullshit with Evil Raiden at the end. What the hell was that all about?

Started online for the first time tonight. Went 10-0 on ranked. Some guy whose record was like 1-7 got mad as fuck when I did a fatality on him. "Do another fatality you douchebag, I've already seen that one."

Lol

Also, netcode isn't perfect, but I've had plenty of good matches
over wifi
. Only my first match was truly poor. I had two with some notable input delay, but it was manageable. Rest were borderline perfect.

lol....
what about that bullshit with Evil Raiden at the end. What the hell was that all about?

Shinnok contaminating the Jinsei affected Raiden as he was purifying it, so now we have Dark Raiden from Deception with Shinnok's amulet (although I don't know how much power it has since Shinnok is just a head now).

Waldini

I do hope they continue with the Dark Raiden story. Still think Lui Kang, Kitana (and the rest of the goon-squad) should be returned to the "good" side.

Raiden didn't threathen Earth-Realm did he? He said he'd kill everyone who ment Earth-Realm harm... didn't really understand the ending.

Nyx

I think most characters if not all have their good parts.

I'm playing through the klassic tower with every character for all the endings and every char I try has something that I like..

Which is a good thing btw.
Might end up playing ''random'' online.

Shinnok contaminating the Jinsei affected Raiden as he was purifying it, so now we have Dark Raiden from Deception with Shinnok's amulet (although I don't know how much power it has since Shinnok is just a head now).

So....
are we expecting a sequel or dlc campaign? Or is it too early to speculate?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
If you could compare real players against CPU difficulty, what difficulty level would the real players be, on average?

Well I looked and I was on Medium. So Easy? I'm being completely serious, no player I've fought online have been as cheap, ruthless, or with as quick reaction time as the Medium AI for me. It's a perfect example of how not to balance your game.

I do hope they continue with the Dark Raiden story. Still think Lui Kang, Kitana (and the rest of the goon-squad) should be returned to the "good" side.

Raiden didn't threathen Earth-Realm did he? He said he'd kill everyone who ment Earth-Realm harm... didn't really understand the ending.

Raiden didn't threaten Earth. He is still the protector of Earth. He's militant not evil. His point was basically that he's done fucking around and he is going to be aggressive in ending threats to Earthrealm.

Liu Kang and Kitana are now the Emperor and Empress of Netherrealm, since Shinnok and Quan Chi are dead. Presumably he is allowing this to happen since someone would need to be in charge of Netherrealm and at least they're familiar to him. His warning to them is essentially him saying they're free to rule Netherrealm but if they even think of invading Earth he will come for them.

Well I looked and I was on Medium. So Easy? I'm being completely serious, no player I've fought online have been as cheap, ruthless, or with as quick reaction time as the Medium AI for me. It's a perfect example of how not to balance your game.
Guess I'll try online, then. Thanks.

Also, if you think Medium is hard, don't try "Hard". That's approaching Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom levels of difficult AI.

Shackzam

I've been playing with Jaqui a lot (Shotgun variation). She has some tricky resets and frame traps. Like cancelling D1 or D3 with horizontal shotgun is zero on block, but spaces them out pretty well for some of Jaqui's strings to be useful and beating out people's normals. I like all the resets in this variations and how you can almost put the opponent into a loop of resets with the low shotgun blast stunning them.

I need to play more of full auto and some high tech because of the amount of chip high tech is supposed to do.

If you restart the story do the koin amounts for rewards reset as well? Seems probably the quickest way to accrue coins? And does difficulty affect koins earned? I imagine dropping it to Very Easy and restarting the story would be fairly quick to blaze through it.

Edit: And I don't mean chapter select. I mean New Story which resets the story progress. Just not certain if it resets the koin rewards since replaying a level on chapter select does decrease the koins earned.

Wubbys

Won 8 king of the hill matches by cheesing kitanas fan projectile and everyone kept giving me zero respect after each match. I love that feature thr guy who beat me got all 10s lol.

Nyx

Won 8 king of the hill matches by cheesing kitanas fan projectile and everyone kept giving me zero respect after each match. I love that feature thr guy who beat me got all 10s lol.

I beat a 10-win streak Scorpion 2 nights ago who was mainly using that scissor sweep.
I got all 10s too after the match. :D

Fmal

Banned
Dang, the way this game handles legacy controls is bogus. 2 DS4s minimum needed for local play even if you're using PS3 sticks? That's absolutely fucked.

Fmal

Banned
So where do I go to find optimal combos for each character? I managed to make my own 10 hit combo with Reptile, but I'm sure there's better ones.

Game's been out for a day, so there's not a ton of information out there, but the TYM forum for your guy is probably the best bet.

Spoo

Takeda is really good, but the bug chick is, I think, his venom. Went 24/0, and then ran into a killer player using bug lady, and I got destroyed multiple times lol

Played 10 online matches so far, all in ranked. 7-3. Most matches were fine, but some got pretty bad at points. I'm having a lot of fun, though.

iRndijClWNqUc.png

I used Sonya (Covert Ops, then Demolition) for the first two matches, and then Kitana (Assassin) for the rest.

Marvel

could never
I just wanna play, but can't right now. Argh

Got some combo's written down for my bae, Cassie. Need to practice them!

finished story mode. thank goodness the final boss wasn't a giant pain in the ass like Shao Kahn in the previous game. only took three tries.

now to do some tower stuff and actually try online for once

Moff

there arent any costumes in the crypt that can't be unlocked via towers, yes?

can you unlock brutalities by simply performing them, so they appear in the move list?

if yes, I no longer bother with the krypt

Don't know whether I'm just terrible at the game, or I was playing characters far outside my limited understanding, but I dropped the difficulty to very easy to go through the story mode. That my friend quit after three matches of me beating him doesn't farewell for me.

Nuszka

So was very unhappy about online region lock with ps4 version as i live in EU and the game matches me with US servers hearing opinions here how good the net code is i was actually surprised about it, but after watching the stream in which Aris and Rip were testing out the netcode living 30 miles away from each other... NR you delivered on my expectations.

malfcn

I'm sitting here for minutes with "opponent found" on the screen. How long before I can cancel?

Gave it five minutes. Good bye.

Don't know whether I'm just terrible at games, or I was playing characters far outside my limited understanding, but I dropped the difficulty to very easy to go through the story mode. That my friend quit after three matches of me beating him doesn't farewell for me.
The difficulty options are deceiving; the Medium is midway between MK9's two hardest difficulties, while Hard is tougher than MK9's hardest difficulty, in my opinion.

VoidVR

Banned
Watched Justin Wong stream last night for a bit, and man, it's unnerving how quickly the pros pick these games up. Dude picked a character, went into practice mode to figure stuff out, and half an hour later he was demolishing people online with insane combos and crazy shit that would take me half a year of practice to be able to execute half as fluidly.

Top Bottom