• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Nuke Soda

Beat story mode and was not disappointed. Some unexpected characters show up and really makes me hope that we get some more DLC characters besides the four we know about.

Went up against a pro scorpion player and won. Best battle I've had so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OmqtYwW4WY

I can't believe how safe Scorpion's teleport is. I played a few terrible Scorpion players that I could do nothing but block and wait because I couldn't punish due to lag and the safety of the move.

So far I have mixed emotions about the game. I'm no pro by any means, but this "dial-a-combo" system may not be the thing for me. I hate sitting around and waiting while someone memorizes one(albeit difficult)combo and can rely on it to win rounds.

I'm a Kitana player and I just can't find my groove like Mk9. I will give it more time, but I am noticing a lot of input lag; especially for air and reaction moves.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
mad that ps3 sticks work but not actual sony ps3 controllers on ps4.

If I am incorrect on this please tell me how to set it up.

malfcn

Ton of Mileena players right now.
I am blocking low and her low sai still hits me.
And that teleport tracks my teleport and hits me.

That is the stuff that bugs me to no end.

Marvel

could never
Yooo this Blue Steel skin is dope.

2IBSbWl.jpg

IronLich

D'Vorah's my clear favorite right now. Really like Venomous because I'm already using db4 for an ender, and f2 for overhead starter, and the uppercut is already an appendage attack, so tons of opportunity for DoT to kick in. I thought about Brood Mother since she gets a low projectile Krawler to stop sliding, but then I fought my friend's Sub Zero, and he was able to beat out the Krawler's startup with the slide, so that was a bust.

Tokubetsu

D'Vorah's my clear favorite right now. Really like Venomous because I'm already using db4 for an ender, and f2 for overhead starter, and the uppercut is already an appendage attack, so tons of opportunity for DoT to kick in. I thought about Brood Mother since she gets a low projectile Krawler to stop sliding, but then I fought my friend's Sub Zero, and he was able to beat out the Krawler's startup with the slide, so that was a bust.

yea the little I tried of her venomous was the one speaking to me as well.

shaowebb

Had to setup my OS for 64 bit yesterday. Apparently I had set myself up for 32 bit a long time ago in college and never got around to the reformatting. Something about Maya not performing as it was supposed to on the 64 bit OS at the time and not having the patience or timeframe needed to deal with it.

Finally downloading MKX today to set things up. Looking forward to playing when I get back home tonight :)

TEH-CJ

Banned
I can't believe how safe Scorpion's teleport is. I played a few terrible Scorpion players that I could do nothing but block and wait because I couldn't punish due to lag and the safety of the move.

So far I have mixed emotions about the game. I'm no pro by any means, but this "dial-a-combo" system may not be the thing for me. I hate sitting around and waiting while someone memorizes one(albeit difficult)combo and can rely on it to win rounds.

I'm a Kitana player and I just can't find my groove like Mk9. I will give it more time, but I am noticing a lot of input lag; especially for air and reaction moves.

Man I completely agree. The input lag is terrible and it makes it so hard for reaction moves and CQC when the enemy is spamming attacks.

double jump

Scoprion is as cheap as ever. Spam that teleport and fire. Safe and safe.

Some of these hit boxes seem off.

yep. cant wait for NRS to patch in some nerfs.

controls are kinda floaty in this game which I haven't seen anyone mention.
mk9 felt way tighter and I miss that.

valeo

Sorry if this question has been asked a zillion times - I'm in Australia; if I purchase a copy of the game from another region will my MP be region locked to that region?

yep. cant wait for NRS to patch in some nerfs.

controls are kinda floaty in this game which and I haven't seen anyone mention.
mk9 felt way tighter and I miss that.

so many scorpions online

i dunno whether floaty is how I describe it, but it does feel kinda syrupy,like moved don't come out as quick as they did in mk9 and certainly nothing like Street fighter, and it feels like you have to buffer the combo strings, just didn't feel like there is that instant connection between pressing a button and something coming out, maybe it's just the lag online confounding it

oh and shout outs to all the mileena players online doing roll into uppercut for easy 17% damage, shit is cheesy as fuck

malfcn

Welp, PerfectLegend is a dirty Scorpion.
I just got sonned.

So much cheese.
Think NRS set lofty goals for this game and didn't quite get everything together.

double jump

so many scorpions online

i dunno whether floaty is how I describe it, but it does feel kinda syrupy,like moved don't come out as quick as they did in mk9 and certainly nothing like Street fighter, and it feels like you have to buffer the combo strings, just didn't feel like there is that instant connection between pressing a button and something coming out, maybe it's just the lag online confounding it
I notice a slight lag offline as well. Need to see if the controller being wired has the same issue. Have a short cord though so it's not really ideal to play wired for me atm.

oh and shout outs to all the mileena players online doing roll into uppercut for easy 17% damage, shit is cheesy as fuck

don't be hating lol.

I notice a slight lag offline as well. Need to see if the controller being wired has the same issue. Have a short cord though so it's not really ideal to play wired for me atm.

Probably "release check" is on in the controller settings. They have it defaulted to on for some reason(at least it was for me anyway). I know some people like it but it makes the inputs feel laggy to me.

Altairre

So is Scorpion as bad as when he launched in Injustice? Can't imagine that since his teleport was a free crossup in that game.

Also I don't know if this Kotal Kahn "combo" has been posted yet but it looks hilariously broken (don't have the game yet so I don't know what he's doing exactly).

Spuck-uk

Banned
So is Scorpion as bad as when he launched in Injustice? Can't imagine that since his teleport was a free crossup in that game.

Also I don't know if this Kotal Kahn "combo" has been posted yet but it looks hilariously broken (don't have the game yet so I don't know what he's doing exactly).

No, since you cant be crossed up with a block button. Just remember to punish the teleports.

Emouse

Blood for the blood God seems appropriate here, the chest cut is a damage buff, can't remember what the little tombstone thing does exactly but it's some kind of buff also, combine it with a 3+ uppercut corner combo and you're set I imagine

double jump

Probably "release check" is on in the controller settings. They have it defaulted to on for some reason(at least it was for me anyway). I know some people like it but it makes the inputs feel laggy to me.

Thanks so much for this. The controls feel so much more responsive now.

Mr Croft

Scorpion teleport is very hard to punish online lol. So far cassie is my girl I honestly forgot how different playing a fighter is online.

I need to get used to the fact that wake up moves are no longer invulnerable anymore. Too many times I wake up with shinnoks shoulder tackle just to lose to any other other move.

bishopp35

Just played for a few hours. I was hoping for Reiko or Smoke to be in the game but I cannot say that I am disappointed with the rooster. The new characters are mostly great, Kung Jin is fun to and D'vorah is the best-designed character in a long time.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My kingdom for a fighting game that lets me tweak the directional zone/degree of analogue sticks relative to input. Because fuck me this is awful on a 360 pad.

How are you guys struggling with scorpions teleport? I haven't had issues punishing it online yet. Its like -22 on block lol.

Are you guys actually blocking it? Because scorpion can cancel it before it hits, so he does recover a bit faster.

Top Bottom