• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Marvel

could never
Online play has been working pretty well for me; most matches I tried had good connections. Had several rage quitters-- sending a picture of the Quitality win screen shut one hate mailer right up.

Holy shit, I must remember to do that if someone quits on me! haha.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Completed my first Test Your Might tower and unlocked the Sub Zero costume.

XFRzfXr.gif

after-writing-an-essay-o.gif

So does anyone know what's the entire list of skins that can be unlocked via the mobile app and what would be the quickest way to get those skins?

Denzar

Quoting myself because my question has not been answered yet.

Let me get this straight... No Goro, even though the game was pre-ordered through STEAM where it was advertised that Goro would be in the game if you pre-purchased it on STEAM.

Man, isn't this the biggest clusterfuck in a long ass time on PC. Wow.

Also, I'm playing this on PC, but playing this game with a 360 controller is driving me nuts. That D-Pad is atrocious and using the analogue stick is not really cutting it for me.

Any alternatives? Wireless, preferably.

I've been thinking of connection my PS3 controller through Bluetooth and using Motionjoy. Does this work (except for the button symbols being fucked up)?

I was quite satisfied with the PS3 input back in MK9.

MKX is making me appreciate Killer Instinct's netcode that much more. Cant tell the difference between local and online matches for that game.

MKX its painfully obvious so far.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What the hell is your secret for the medallion? I push buttons fast as shit but this one made me it's bitch.

Got this one on my first go luckily. Laid the controller on my lap and placed my index finger over X & A and the middle over Y & B then kept alternating them kinda like you would do on a piano with 2 keys.

Soon as I saw the green I pushed the controller into my lap which luckily squeezed both triggers since they are pretty big.

Got this one on my first go luckily. Laid the controller on my lap and placed my index finger over X & A and the middle over Y & B then kept alternating them kinda like you would do on a piano with 2 keys.

Soon as I saw the green I pushed the controller into my lap which luckily squeezed both triggers since they are pretty big.
Shit, I put the controller to my face like a flute and hit all 4 buttons at once with four fingers.
I had to use my fightstick, couldnt do it on a controller
Might resort to this.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh man the Revenant Sub-Zero in alt colours is fucking dope. Need to find out the requirements for getting Liu Kangs and Kung Laos now. And my Raiden Future still hasn't unlocked on the XB1. >_>

Dzab

I've yet to have good connection. Quite unfortunate. Anyone from the UK willing to try a match? (PS4) PSN id is ZabbyX

drotahorror

Can anyone do Kung Lao's basic 'Fist Fury' chain. The only way I can get it to work is to hammer both my thumbs on the buttons rapidly like I'm playing Test Your Might!

You were not lying. This is the hardest chain in the game no doubt. Only way I was doing it was spamming the buttons with 2 fingers.

Fury451

Banned
I cannot believe they didn't include a Klassic costume for Reptile. It's like they hate Reptile fans.

In all the times I've played a single fight, which is probably close to 100 yesterday, Reptile only got randomly picked 2 times. So you may be right about that.

There a good recap of MK9 on youtube? I feel kinda lost with the story in MKX so far. It's been 4 years after all.

Recap:

Everyone is dead after the massive battle depicted in Mortal Kombat Armageddon.
Shao Kahn kills future Raiden, but not before future Raiden sends a message back to Mortal Kombat 1 Raiden to prevent this all from happening.
Raiden then spends the whole game trying to change stuff and fails miserably.
Shao Kahn kills Kung Lao.
After collecting a group of warriors to fight Shao Kahn, Sindel comes out of nowhere and kills everyone except Johnny Cage and Sonya.
Raiden accidentally kills Liu Kang after they fight.
Raiden finally figures out what the message means and defeats Shao Kahn with the wrath of the elder gods.

Chairhome

What's a good fightstick layout? I have an old 360 hori stick with my Titan one and my layout is:
FS FP BP
BL FK BK

Flip stance is useless but easiest way for me to access x-rays by pressing FS and BL together.

Interfectum

Recap:

Everyone is dead after the massive battle depicted in Mortal Kombat Armageddon.
Shao Kahn kills future Raiden, but not before future Raiden sends a message back to Mortal Kombat 1 Raiden to prevent this all from happening.
Raiden then spends the whole game trying to change stuff and fails miserably.
Shao Kahn kills Kung Lao.
After collecting a group of warriors to fight Shao Kahn, Sindel comes out of nowhere and kills everyone except Johnny Cage and Sonya.
Raiden accidentally kills Liu Kang after they fight.
Raiden finally figures out what the message means and defeats Shao Kahn with the wrath of the elder gods.

TL:DR: Raiden's an idiot, almost everyone died.

Smoolio

Some of the banner customisations require you to "Complete the Cassie Tower" for example, what do they mean by that? because I beat the Klassic tower and.. no dice.

bumpkin

Still waiting on Best Buy to send me my Goro code. I did an in store pick up and they sent me my kombat code but no goro code.
Same here. You're not alone. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and hoped maybe it'd come sometime later on overnight, but I checked my email this morning and nada; though I did get an email from them about the stupid Guitar Hero that was just announced.

I went onto their website this morning and sent them an email, so we'll see if I get any sort of response today. Goro -- and the $10 in rewards -- were the ONLY reasons I preordered the game instead of just waiting a year for the "komplete edition" at half the price. So it'd be nice to get the download code.

Spacebar

I'm still waiting on my goro pre order code from best buy. I can't even view my order status or even email them on their site. C'mon son!

Is this still fucked on the PC?

I can get it on PS4 or PC (i5 3570k @4.2GHz, 16GB RAM, 670 GTX which can presumably run it at 1080p60?) but the price difference is massive.

it will cost me about €70 on the PS4 here, slightly less if I get it from the American store.

The PC version will cost me €30 MAX.

Really don't want to pay double the price, but I plan on picking it up when I get paid on Friday and if the PC version is still fucked I might have to.

Nuszka

I've yet to have good connection. Quite unfortunate. Anyone from the UK willing to try a match? (PS4) PSN id is ZabbyX

Yeah its confirmed by a lot of people netcode in this game is ass, Rip and Aris both agree, this is the ps4 version though. Maximillian was quite satisfied with the Xbox one. Early reports on this forum about smooth matches are either from people used to NRS games online "quality" or just not playing much online or even offline when it comes to fighting games.

Yeah its confirmed by a lot of people netcode in this game is ass, Rip and Aris both agree, this is the ps4 version though. Maximillian was quite satisfied with the Xbox one. Early reports on this forum about smooth matches are either from people used to NRS games online "quality" or just not playing much online or even offline when it comes to fighting games.

Did you see Aris' stream yesterday after he tried MKX online? He was pissed and it was hilarious.

B3N1

What the hell is your secret for the medallion? I push buttons fast as shit but this one made me it's bitch.

I finished it an hour ago too.
Did it in like 20 tries. I just start hitting when the timer hits between 3 and 4 and didn't even look at the screen just maximalized movement on all 4 fingers (positioned like VE3TRO). It's possible to do this constantly for 2-3 seconds and you don't have to hold the triggers, just wait until the coundown is over. Recorded it too.

Delt31

I can get it on PS4 or PC (i5 3570k @4.2GHz, 16GB RAM, 670 GTX which can presumably run it at 1080p60?) but the price difference is massive.

it will cost me about €70 on the PS4 here, slightly less if I get it from the American store.

Really don't want to pay double the price, but I plan on picking it up when I get paid on Friday and if the PC version is still fucked I might have to.

PC version is awesome. So many complainers but my experience has been basically perfect. 1080p 60fps maxed out everything - 3570K and 780. I too was trying to decide b/w console and PC and the price of PC was $25 and $12 for season pass which was WAY to cheap to pass. No brainer since it also looks the best.

drotahorror

I used both hands (thumbs). Right thumb on X and Circle. Left thumb (gripping the controller with left hand) on Triangle and square.

I didn't know you could let the timer count down and it'll auto swing. I managed to get it in the circle and press the trigger though. Brutal.

Nuszka

Did you see Aris' stream yesterday after he tried MKX online? He was pissed and it was hilarious.

I actually saw Rips when he was fighting with Aris and both agreed that living 25 miles away having 200/20 dl/up connections from the same isp should give you something good not just acceptable netcode quality.Going to watch Aris and his stream now.

Dr. Buni

PC version is amazing. It runs smooth as butter to me. Can't check online yet because download is in process, though.

Moff

Completed my first Test Your Might tower and unlocked the Sub Zero costume.

XFRzfXr.gif

after-writing-an-essay-o.gif

so that's how you get the revenant costumes.
do we already know where all the others are unlocked?

sadly, I couldnt get the last test of might done, really tough

Top Bottom