• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

DryvBy

I can't pull off one Brutality. For example, Scorpion's "Get Over Here" states I need to have my health over 50% and the final hit must be enhanced Double Spear (< > []+R2, R2). I've done this several times but I'm assuming my 2nd R2 is not timed correctly. Anyone know how to pull this off?

AEREC

Erron's stance looks silly to me. Looks like he has the front of his body facing the camera while his head is 90 degree's to the side. Just looks unnatural and uncomfortable. I think a lot of MK character are like this but he stands out for some reason.

Kinsei

Banned
I really wish there was a way to play as Swarm Queen D'Vorah without the hood. I think she looks better without it.

What's your favorite stage? Mine is either Outworld Marketplace or Kuatan Jungle. Throwing Blanche and swinging on the vines never gets old.

B3N1

I can't pull off one Brutality. For example, Scorpion's "Get Over Here" states I need to have my health over 50% and the final hit must be enhanced Double Spear (< > []+R2, R2). I've done this several times but I'm assuming my 2nd R2 is not timed correctly. Anyone know how to pull this off?

I think the tutorial teaches you that exact move. Second R2 should be pressed right after the spear hits the enemy I guess.

kris.

Banned

Kung Lao's is pretty easy. Do a throw and press X or Y 15 times throughout the throw and bam, brutality.

Xevren

I find the lag ok, but i am using my phone and shitty 3g Internet so if it's half decent on that it must be a good sign.

My problem has just been psn in general, last night was a complete lag fest and when I checked my speeds at the dash they were awful. I have a 1k up/down and it was only giving me like 10 down and less than 1 up, shit was horrible.

bumpkin

Speaking of Brutalitites, is there a set circumstance for doing them -- like an opponent being in "danger" for an Ultra in KI -- or does it vary from character to character?

kris.

Banned
Speaking of Brutalitites, is there a set circumstance for doing them -- like an opponent being in "danger" for an Ultra in KI -- or does it vary from character to character?

If you look at your move list, it tells you how to do them. It's the category underneath fatalities. They're just kinda tricky to pull off. I got Kung Jin's on accident yesterday before figuring that out.

mreddie

Finished story.

Amusing the Cage's are the heroes in this now that Kang is dead. Also, Corrupted Shinnok seems like a breeze compared to Khan in MK9. He does beam spam but you just need to put the right combos.

Trying to buy all the Alt costumes and Fatalities and shit, this seems like grinding more than MK9. Fuck.

Right now though, I'm glad I brought it. It's likely my only major purchase this spring and summer.

Nyx

Varies, the circumstances are listed at the move list screen.

IronLich

Finished Story Mode last night.

I don't know about you guys, but...

*STORY MODE SPOILERS*
As much as I'm sure people are excited for the Rain DLC down the line, the fact that the likes of Frost, Sareena, and Li Mei have models out in the open, but not a single chance to fight them... I wish NRS would have picked either of those out, just to see what they do with a blank slate like Sareena, and how they would make Frost different from Sub-Zero.

FHIZ

Yeah, go in the move list and highlight one, the screen to the right will give you the info of when and how it needs to happen. Wish the tutorial had mentioned this because I was sitting there in the "FINISH HIM" stage just trying to figure out what I was doing wrong for a good long time.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Finished story.

Amusing the Cage's are the heroes in this now that Kang is dead. Also, Corrupted Shinnok seems like a breeze compared to Khan in MK9. He does beam spam but you just need to put the right combos.

Trying to buy all the Alt costumes and Fatalities and shit, this seems like grinding more than MK9. Fuck.

Right now though, I'm glad I brought it. It's likely my only major purchase this spring and summer.

I was glad when I bought it. I kinda had the hype with me. But for an hour I tried to install it on Xbox One. This kinda toned down the hype. I went offline I installed it to 87% now under 25 mins. I'm starting to get back the hype :)

Dr. Buni

I really wish there was a way to play as Swarm Queen D'Vorah without the hood. I think she looks better without it.

What's your favorite stage? Mine is either Outworld Marketplace or Kuatan Jungle. Throwing Blanche and swinging on the vines never gets old.
The opposite for me, I wish I could play all variations with the hood. I think it is neat she is a bald woman, but I like the hoody.

My favorite stage is Lin Kuei Temple, I think it looks fantastic. I don't like Kuatan Jungle that much because of the weird bloom.

xHiryu

Loving Cassie Cage so far, seems hella balanced with no real weaknesses or strengths, then again I played like 10 matches. Mostly Cassie, some Kotal, some Kung too.

Is there a character that seems to be hella top tier already? What ya think of my girl Cassie though, shes a blast all around.

Krejlooc

Banned
The opposite for me, I wish I could play all variations with the hood. I think it is neat she is a bald woman, but I like the hoody.

My favorite stage is Lin Kuei Temple, I think it looks fantastic. I don't like Kuatan Jungle that much because of the weird bloom.

My favorite stage has been the lotus temple in the rain. So much shit going on at once and it runs without a hitch on my pc.

Fury451

Banned
Finished Story Mode last night.

I don't know about you guys, but...

*STORY MODE SPOILERS*
As much as I'm sure people are excited for the Rain DLC down the line, the fact that the likes of Frost, Sareena, and Li Mei have models out in the open, but not a single chance to fight them... I wish NRS would have picked either of those out, just to see what they do with a blank slate like Sareena, and how they would make Frost different from Sub-Zero.
Never understood the love for Rain, but they also had a Fujin model in there. I feel like Frost would be a really amazing addition though, especially since they could make her play very different despite sharing the ice motif. And Li Mei needs a revival. So I agree, I want to see them used for DLC more than anyone.

ZangBa

Kinda dumb how you seem to lose everything you gain from your faction when you switch from one to another, even at the max level. I want that trophy tho.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished the story mode and thought it was fantastic, it really was like an interactive movie and I think it's the first time QTE was done well. I'm REALLY glad they recorded the story in 60fps, it was very smooth but IMO the colour was so off, some scenes were extremely orange, others were very dark. You could really notice how orange it was when you'd start a fight and the colour would correct.

After probably the worst launch I've ever experienced I no longer regret buying the game, the story was very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to some online tonight, hopefully everything will work as it should.

Nori Chan

Finished story.

You can save koins by just beating the classic tower with the character

Nuszka

What i have noticed to unlock fatalities you do not have to purchase them in the krypt, just doing them from knowing the input seems enough, after that they will appear in your command list. Need to test it out for brutalities.

Krejlooc

Banned
It's very cool. His redesign is the best of the returning characters I think.

I went in expecting to hate reptile but I find his redesign to be awesome. He finally looks like reptile sgain without sacrificing the fact that he is an animal essentially.

drotahorror

I believe the tomb stone opens up

Just checked and naw, it doesn't open up.

I went to the tomb after doing the fatality (and having it listed when I went to moves list now) and it was still waiting to be bought. I bought it and still got a fatality. I figured as much since the kollectibles still had it locked.

oh well.

Krejlooc

Banned
That one is great too. I runs smooth here as well, which surprised me since I lose some fps in the Kuatan Jungle stage.

I just wish there were more stages. The story mode feels a bit like a play at times because everything happens in the same 10 or so locations. Mk9 took you all around so often that it never got stale.

I guess these stages have way more going on, though. Especially with the interaction bits which, surprisingly, do add a lot of strategy.

Dr. Buni

I just wish there were more stages. The story mode feels a bit like a play at times because everything happens in the same 10 or so locations. Mk9 took you all around so often that it never got stale.

I guess these stages have way more going on, though. Especially with the interaction bits which, surprisingly, do add a lot of strategy.
Haven't played story mode yet (game is STILL downloading), but agreed on the number of stages. While I think the number of characters is satisfying, the number of stages will get stale reaaallly quick, even though they all look great.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Just finished story mode as well, I beat
Corrupted Shinnok on the second try, was one sliver away from beating him on the first. Like others said, Shao Khan in MK9 was infinitely harder.
I find this game very easy to abuse low skill tactics against the CPU.

I'm also playing on a stick and have had quite a time finding the ideal button layout. After a while I settled on the 'old school' layout of having block in between LK and RK so that EX moves don't require rapid finger contortion lol.

Oh and the game froze up on me during Shinnoks intro on the klassic tower, very annoying cause I was playing on hard, had zero continues and a brutality on every single match to that point. >:|

mzupeman

Banned
Ok this is FUCKING BULLSHIT.

I bought your game new. And I get less content just because I didn't want to buy from a company as terrible as GAME? No. Fuck this. I want a fucking refund. Who do I complain to about this?

If you are upset about this sort of thing - as I think anyone should be, honestly - then you should do research on these games before you buy them. Feeling burned on any given product is a great way to learn for the future. In this case, see what's being done in the way of content before you run out and blindly buy something.

It's a hard reality that many are facing, especially this generation. The devs and publishers have shown us time and time again that they care more about making a quick buck than providing something that's quality and perhaps maintains some sort of dignity upon release. Mortal Kombat X, on the other hand, while possibly being an enjoyable fighter in its own right, lost its sense of dignity by selling easier fatalities via consumable microtransaction purchases, and by asking you to buy characters right from the character select screen.

If that's where you draw the line... don't buy it. Hopefully next time they get the message.

OmegaDL50

Here's a Scorpion combo I made. First time ever uploading a 60fps too. It looks really nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Xyp3bbCXM

Flame Aura apparently adds additional damage creating a sort of slow HP drain effect. I initially thought it allowed the first hit of a combo to be unblockable, but that was just the damage numbers of the burning effect that Flame Aura creates.

I'll probably use the Youtube build in editor to create a secondary Slowmo version of the video so the combo can be analyzed and see if it can be improved by anyone else.

EDIT: I shorted the video length so if the image quality looks slightly fuzzy it's because Youtube is doing whatever they do when the video being reprocessed.

Kinsei

Banned
Haven't played story mode yet (game is STILL downloading), but agreed on the number of stages. While I think the number of characters is satisfying, the number of stages will get stale reaaallly quick, even though they all look great.

There are stage variations as well. You unlock them by playing the story. While they're not huge changes, I think they add some much needed variety.

Krejlooc

Banned
There are stage variations as well. You unlock them by playing the story. While they're not huge changes, I think they add some much needed variety.

Well a big problem is how they are used in the story. Its common to fight on the same stage 4 or so times in a row.

Also, in online mode, likely because of the streaming install, a good 7 out of 10 matches seems to take place in the dead woods, which is the blandest level imo. None of the awesomeness of the living forest.

Chairhome

I emailed Best Buy Customer service this morning and this is their reply:
Thank you for contacting Best Buy.

I apologize if you have not yet received the Mortal Kombat X Goro PreOrder Bonus Xbox One Digital Download AddOn. I understand this can be disappointing. Let me assist you on this.

After going through the possibilities explaining the delay in receiving your digital content, I found out there appears to be a glitch in our system that's causing the problem. That being said, I took the liberty of manually requesting for the said information to be emailed to your xxxxxxx email address within the next 24 hours. Please check your spam and junk folders for the said information as well.

Thank you for your loyalty as a My Best Buy member. For any other concerns, you may visit our Help Center at www.bestbuy.com.
I'll let you know when I get the actual code...

EDIT: got my code 40 minutes later.

Top Bottom