• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Spacebar

I got mine on the 14th (yesterday) via email. Call them bro.

I called and the agent said they emailed me the code. She said it could take 24-48 hours to get the email. So I guess I will wait it out. I checked my spam folder just in case, but no dice.

Edit: lol just as I got off the phone to type this and I get the email. I bet it was never sent to begin with.

Yeah its confirmed by a lot of people netcode in this game is ass, Rip and Aris both agree, this is the ps4 version though. Maximillian was quite satisfied with the Xbox one. Early reports on this forum about smooth matches are either from people used to NRS games online "quality" or just not playing much online or even offline when it comes to fighting games.

Max said on his stream last night that the xbox one and ps4 are identitcal netcode wise. I'm a heavy KI player so i know what a good netcode is. MKX is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Not even close to Injustice or MK9. Try to have your connection wired and don't have anything else using your bandwidth... this game seems to be extremely sensitive to even the slightest thing.

bumpkin

I called and the agent said they emailed me the code. She said it could take 24-48 hours to get the email. So I guess I will wait it out. I checked my spam folder just in case, but no dice.

Edit: lol just as I got off the phone to type this and I get the email. I bet it was never sent to begin with.
Well that was interesting... I hadn't gotten a reply from customer service yet, but I just got two emails; the acknowledgement of my request and then the email with my Goro DLC code. Weird.

Maybe try emailing them, too? There's an "email us" link on their Contact Us page. Make sure you have your order My Best Buy ID and the order number handy to fill in on the form.

Quoting myself because my question has not been answered yet.

Also, I'm playing this on PC, but playing this game with a 360 controller is driving me nuts. That D-Pad is atrocious and using the analogue stick is not really cutting it for me.

Any alternatives? Wireless, preferably.

I've been thinking of connection my PS3 controller through Bluetooth and using Motionjoy. Does this work (except for the button symbols being fucked up)?

I was quite satisfied with the PS3 input back in MK9.

I use a dual shock 4 and xbox one controller on pc. I got rid of all those junky xbox 360 controllers. Worst dpad ever.

I actually saw Rips when he was fighting with Aris and both agreed that living 25 miles away having 200/20 dl/up connections from the same isp should give you something good not just acceptable netcode quality.Going to watch Aris and his stream now.

I think something is up with Aris' internet.

I decided to play some matches yesterday and I did not have a single bit of lag the entire time and I live about 2-3 north of him.

There's a bit of a delay when you're choosing your character and the stage but that was it.

Spacebar

Well that was interesting... I hadn't gotten a reply from customer service yet, but I just got two emails; the acknowledgement of my request and then the email with my Goro DLC code. Weird.

Maybe try emailing them, too? There's an "email us" link on their Contact Us page. Make sure you have your order My Best Buy ID and the order number handy to fill in on the form.

I tried emailing first, but the form didn't even allow me to send it. Normally I hate calling places, but it seemed to work this time. Could have just been a coincidence.

bumpkin

I tried emailing first, but the form didn't even allow me to send it. Normally I hate calling places, but it seemed to work this time. Could have just been a coincidence.
Right on. I just noticed your edit saying you got your code...

*Shokan four-armed high five*

exYle

Any combos for Kotal? Specifically, the war god version? I found a 31% combo with one meter where I essentially air toss the guy twice in a row, but I can't seem to do any better.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
so that's how you get the revenant costumes.
do we already know where all the others are unlocked?

sadly, I couldnt get the last test of might done, really tough

Someone said on TRMK you unlock Liu Kangs revenant constume from doing a brutality online with him. No idea if its true though/

I actually saw Rips when he was fighting with Aris and both agreed that living 25 miles away having 200/20 dl/up connections from the same isp should give you something good not just acceptable netcode quality.Going to watch Aris and his stream now.
My biggest gripe is the input delay. Even with green bars its so noticeable.

Skab

Any combos for Kotal? Specifically, the war god version? I found a 31% combo with one meter where I essentially air toss the guy twice in a row, but I can't seem to do any better.

This is slightly outdated now too. I know Ultradavid has a 91% combo with him now.

No idea how piratical it is though, since I havent seen it in action.

Edit: 90% Kotal combo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJcVPH4rVJc

Wallach

Picked this up yesterday, but work was crazy and I've only just gotten to mess around with it.

I've only had time to mess around in training to get a feel for the characters, and Kotal Kahn seems like my joint. In the Blood God variant he seems like he has a heck of a lot of tools. Plus the guy literally drinks the blood directly from your heart - blood for the blood god!

Sounds like the PC port had a rough launch or something, but I guess showing up a bit late to this party worked out in my favor. I didn't have any issues installing and the game seems to run flawlessly at max.

I wish MadCatz would hurry up and get the PS4 TE2s shipping again.

Azzawon

Amazon UK appears to have conned people with the Kollector's Edition version of the game, with it not coming with the Goro DLC or the Kombat Pack. As you can imagine, people are pissed.

To clarify, it was originally advertised to include both DLC packs but they have since changed this without notifying customers that have already preordered.

I still haven't received my copy from them yet and I preordered a few months back when this was announced.

PS4 reviews
XB1 reviews

Thread worthy?

Edit: More worrying, a lot of people are reporting that one of their Scorpion skin codes have already been used. WTF Amazon?

Nuszka

Max said on his stream last night that the xbox one and ps4 are identitcal netcode wise. I'm a heavy KI player so i know what a good netcode is. MKX is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Not even close to Injustice or MK9. Try to have your connection wired and don't have anything else using your bandwidth... this game seems to be extremely sensitive to even the slightest thing.

Idk why i was expecting for NRS to deliver the netcode similar to TTT2 or GGxRD. Btw i always connect my consoles wired. I am a bit disappointed as i was hoping for something better.

exYle

This is slightly outdated now too. I know Ultradavid has a 91% combo with him now.

No idea how piratical it is though, since I havent seen it in action.

Oh man, that's cool...I can't seem to figure out what those filler juggling moves are, though.

Codiox

Don't know why so many have problems with lags during online mode, played all night yesterday and never had any lags/disconnects whatsoever.
Everything works smooth for me (ps4)

Man I'm having a blast with this game. Plowed through the story mode yesterday and now I'm working on the tournament ladders for everyone.

I really feel like the gameplay is well done. I'm enjoying myself so much that this might be the first fighting game I decide to learn well enough to play online.

Thinking of maining my boy Scorpion as well as Kotal Kahn. Scorpion because I've played him since the first one and Kotal Kahn because I like big, slow characters.

Idk why i was expecting for NRS to deliver the netcode similar to TTT2 or GGxRD. Btw i always connect my consoles wired. I am a bit disappointed as i was hoping for something better.

xRD wasn't always that good. Lets hope NRS can do some magic with future patches. I know I'm being overly optimistic considering they have done nothing in the past lol.

Hasney

Amazon UK appears to have conned people with the Kollector's Edition version of the game, with it not coming with the Goro DLC or the Kombat Pack. As you can imagine, people are pissed.

To clarify, it was originally advertised to include both DLC packs but they have since changed this without notifying customers that have already preordered.

I still haven't received my copy from them yet and I preordered a few months back when this was announced.

PS4 reviews
XB1 reviews

Thread worthy?

Ouch. Considering Ed Boon had to post the following chart, it's no wonder they were confused:

nG1tJtA.png

Nuszka

xRD wasn't always that good. Lets hope NRS can do some magic with future patches. I know I'm being overly optimistic considering they have done nothing in the past lol.

Fighting games are my main genre and i was very hyped for MKX, should have kept my expectations low.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Game is fucking great. Looks incredible and feels satisfying to play. Loving it, despite the horrendously botched launch.

Really miss fight visual damage though. It was such a great feature in MK9.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
My game is installing for about an hour now. it's at 43% on Xbox One. Maybe not an hour but surely 30 minutes. Is something wrong with my system?

Krejlooc

Banned
I was whooping ass as kung jin last night until I ran into a quan chi player thst fucked up my w/l. Kept rechallenging him... so much fun.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
My game is installing for about an hour now. it's at 43% on Xbox One. Maybe not an hour but surely 30 minutes. Is something wrong with my system?

Installing from the disc? If so go to network settings and choose Go Offline. Let the game install then either play offline to get all the Koins pre-patched or connect online and install the patch.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
In the Krypt I'm in Hall of Betrayal (0, 19) in front of a Shao Kahn statue which says underneath "Nothing can be done here at this time.".

Anyone got an idea what this could be?

Bizazedo

So it seems like the netcode is all over the place for people? Hearing a lot of good and a lot of bad.

Mine seems pretty good, honestly. I played against a bud in California awhile last night. I am in Delaware. I could hit my combos easily enough.

We were both wired, though, as all just fighting game players should be.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Installing from the disc? If so go to network settings and choose Go Offline. Let the game install then either play offline to get all the Koins pre-patched or connect online and install the patch.

Yes I'm installing from disc, nothing took this long. Then again, I barely install from discs. It's not loud, but sometimes it's stuck for a certain % for minutes before going. Now at 53% not moving at all.

Krejlooc

Banned
Mine seems pretty good, honestly. I played against a bud in California awhile last night. I am in Delaware. I could hit my combos easily enough.

Ya I was playing from texas to seattle without problem.

Also wired, tho.

I don't have much choice but to be wireless but the speed test on my PS4 typically comes in around 30 down and 10 up. I don't plan on playing a ton online but it'd be nice to know that the experience won't be complete ass when I occasionally do.

OmegaDL50

I wonder if a move considered "Unblockable" is also unbreakable because I created a rather ridiculous combo with Scorpion (Hellfire) using the Flame Aura.

I'll setup fraps and record it and upload it my channel. If I had some video editing software I could probably create a slowmo version of the video so anyone with more expertise can analyze it to see if my combo can be improved further.

TheHall

Does the old battery trick still work for Test your might?
(rubbing a battery or a pen back and forth in between two buttons?)

Fury451

Banned
What the hell is going on with Erron Black's fatality?

Sand grenade explodes when shot. Somehow it creates infinite sand.

It's dumb. His second is a bit better, though pretty tame. Something involving a noose or some such would've made sense given the western theme he has. Or at least using the sand grenade in a more creative and less confusing way.

Such a great character though.

Marvel

could never
you can totally do it with a controller. i did it last night. i put my index finger and thumb together and rubbed the nail of my index finger over the buttons. it took me 6 tries but i got it

Yeah!

Got revenant sub-zero, still prefer Blue Steel. The last test your might obsticale wasn't too bad, took me two attempts. I can't even remember what position I put my fingers in to do it though, all I know it wasn't natural lol.

Krejlooc

Banned
Sand grenade explodes when shot. Somehow it creates infinite sand.

It's dumb. His second is a bit better, though pretty tame. Something involving a noose or some such would've made sense given the western theme he has. Or at least using the sand grenade in a more creative and less confusing way.

Such a great character though.
Erron black is probably the best new mk character since mk2. His voice really makes the character.

MrBlonde

How many alternate skins are there? does each character have a few and can they all be unlocked in the krypt? Little confused on this?

Love the game, only did Story Mode for about 2hrs last night but this is fun even for someone like me who is not good at fighters.

Its definitely going to be tough trying to pick 2-3 fighters to stick with and learn.

That Sub Zero skin for sale for $2, can that be earned in game or only bought? I need to YouTube a video of the skin and see if I like it because I am thinking Sub Zero might be one of my guys.

Fury451

Banned
Erron black is probably the best new mk character since mk2. His voice really makes the character.

Agreed all around. I think that was Troy baker again? He always does well. His X-ray is easily my favorite, especially in a mirror match.

And if I'm not mistaken, I think that's Steve Blum as Sub-Zero in the story.

Hasney

What the hell! I wonder why they went for different content. You know it's bad when they manage to confuse Amazon of all companies.

The most bizarre part was the collectors edition labelled as Import in the US has more content in it than the region it was allegedly "imported" from.

Krejlooc

Banned
Agreed all around. I think that was Troy baker again? He always does well. His X-ray is easily my favorite, especially in a mirror match..

His xray is so badass. I knew from the comics that the guy was going to be great, but they hit him out of the park.

Marvel

could never
I wish I was good with Erron, he looks and sounds amazing yet I find him useless to use.

Need to git gud I suppose.

Top Bottom