• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Loving some of these brutalities. Glad some are easy to pull off. Still trying some stage versions.

Has anyone unlocked the Future Raiden costume yet? Stupid WBPlay isn't acknowledging that I've logged in.

Jim

What the hell is your secret for the medallion? I push buttons fast as shit but this one made me it's bitch.

On a DualShock 4 at least, use a shirt/paper towel (or similarly smooth fabric-like material) and slide between two buttons super quick. I remember doing that with Track and Field on the NES back in the day.

On a DualShock 4 at least, use a shirt/paper towel (or similarly smooth fabric-like material) and slide between two buttons super quick. I remember doing that with Track and Field on the NES back in the day.
I'm going to pull out the spoon like it's star fox adventures all over again.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Loving some of these brutalities. Glad some are easy to pull off. Still trying some stage versions.

Has anyone unlocked the Future Raiden costume yet? Stupid WBPlay isn't acknowledging that I've logged in.
Mine unlocked when I first turned the game on last night, first thing I did was log into WBPlay and it popped.

Any premature impressions on what tier Scorpion might fit into?

He's been my favorite (cliche I know) since the first game and even though he's usually a mid-tier guy I always try to learn him in every game.

Struct09

Mine unlocked right away last night when I made the link (PS4)

Krejlooc

Banned

He's been my favorite (cliche I know) since the first game and even though he's usually a mid-tier guy I always try to learn him in every game.

Its hard ti gauage where scorpion will fall because, thus far, he is mkx's ken. So there are tons of awful players using him to give him a bad wrap at the moment.

BadAss2961

Scorpion's become so cliche that he went from being my favorite character back in the early MK days to my most hated one. Injustice was where I completely disowned him.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Scorpion's become so cliche that he went from being my favorite character back in the early MK days to my most hated one. Injustice was where I completely disowned him.

I wouldn't go that far for me, just because Scorpion is so iconic, but I've always been more of a fan of Subzero.

IronLich

I think I lucked out on the Titanium Symbol. Just used the PDP fightpad, and happened to press the Strike button at the exact right time, but man, I feel the pain of GAF on that one. Took me at least 4 tries, and I wasn't looking at the screen to verify it because of mashing. Thank god they tell you when you're in the clear with the Strike prompt replacing the mashing prompt. Thanks to that wonderful experience, it feels like my X button just gets pressed twice instead of once at random moments.

Its hard ti gauage where scorpion will fall because, thus far, he is mkx's ken. So there are tons of awful players using him to give him a bad wrap at the moment.

Ha I'll just be another one of them.

It's definitely sad to see Scorpion and Sub Zero both kind of take on these roles but they're still two of my favorites. Scorpion definitely was the bitch of Injustice though. I just pretended he didn't exist in that.

The way you feel about Scorpion is how I feel about Ermac now.

You were not lying. This is the hardest chain in the game no doubt. Only way I was doing it was spamming the buttons with 2 fingers.
It's got to be a bug, it's pointless being that tight. It's not possible holding the controller normally.

It was literally the first combo I tried. I knew I was rusty, but damn.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Wait, stage versions of Brutalities? Can you please elaborate?

Still trying to work it out but on some stages such as Dead Woods if you use 3 interactions and have the 3rd as the final hit for the win instead of just hitting them it will perform a brutality version such as throwing the tree branch through the opponents chest.

I'll do some videos.

Krejlooc

Banned
Still trying to work it out but on some stages such as Dead Woods if you use 3 interactions and have the 3rd as the final hit for the win instead of just hitting them it will perform a brutality version such as throwing the tree branch through the opponents chest.

Thats badass, so in a way, stage fatalities do exist

eshwaaz

I'll do some videos.
Whoa. Music to my ears. Thanks!

Deadstar

I went in expecting to hate reptile but I find his redesign to be awesome. He finally looks like reptile sgain without sacrificing the fact that he is an animal essentially.

Anyone know if the classic characters have classic costumes like in MK9 where it's just the simple blue for sub zero, yellow for scorpion, green for reptile etc?

Wow I must have gotten lucky on the titanium symbol I somehow beat it on the second try on a gamepad. I imagine it's one of those things where it actually gets HARDER the more times you try it as your fingers wear down lol.

I'm really starting to like Jaqui Briggs. her combos and xray all look badass, she's fast, and the moves aren't that difficult to string together in a live situation. Her bread and butter combos followed up by one special move are fun

Game is awesome. Just beat the story :)

I also find last guy easier than Shao Khan in MK 9.

Loving cassie and Johnny too.

I loved the dumb cheesy lines for Johhny Cage as always. They do a good job with his character.

"Judging by the distinct lack of gift cards, I see you all forgot it's our 6 week anniversary as a team"

It's got to be a bug, it's pointless being that tight. It's not possible holding the controller normally.

It was literally the first combo I tried. I knew I was rusty, but damn.

It's not a bug. There's a couple of strings with that style input. Kung Lao had one in MK9 as well.

Krejlooc

Banned
I loved the dumb cheesy lines for Johhny Cage as always. They do a good job with his character.

"Judging by the distinct lack of gift cards, I see you all forgot it's our 6 week anniversary as a team"

Its so dumb and corny, but "sorry ma'am, didnt see you standing there" made me laugh lol. Its the over the top delivery that sells it. Johnny cage is mortal kombat's duke nukem.

Krejlooc

Banned
Can I just say that the return of mk as one of gamings biggest franchises is one of my favorite things to happen in the last 5 years.

I had forgotten how much I absolutely love mortal kombat. This stuff was such an enormous part of my childhood. I remember when the first three games were events. You would see mk on the cover of magazines for months leading up to their releases and then for months after. Entire code sections dedicated to mk.

It feels good for all that to be back.

Ferrio

Banned
So after cassie cage's nut buster move can you actually follow up with anything? Looks like you could, but even EX'ed the computer just blocks again.

How do I link the mobile version with the console version?

I can't see anywher to sign in to WB Play on the console?

And also despite being logged into WB Play on the mobile game it has not unlocked the Ninja Mime costume yet, has it worked for anyone else?

So after cassie cage's nut buster move can you actually follow up with anything? Looks like you could, but even EX'ed the computer just blocks again.

You can't combo but you get a guessing game in her favor.

After a regular Nut Punch she's just at slight advantage so they can backdash, jump out, attack, armor, whatever and you both have to guess on the follow ups. After a EX Nut Punch she has so much advantage she can just do whatever she wants and all they can do is guess. The best thing to do would be to mix up the f+3 overhead and the d/f+1 low.

So you can like whiff punish something with b+1,2~Cartwheel, run up b+1,2~EX Nut Punch to carry them to the corner. Then they have to guess. If you do d/f+1 and they blocked high you relaunch and can do a huge corner combo. Potentially into another EX Nut Punch.

Cassie has Injustice style set play. Very strong character.

Krejlooc

Banned
Cassie in this game is nothing like they portrayed her in the comics. Of course, the comic isnt done yet, though, so I wonder if they will explain the personality change.

In the comics, she is basically female johnny cage. In the game, she's more like sonya jr.

Ferrio

Banned
You can't combo but you get a guessing game in her favor.

After a regular Nut Punch she's just at slight advantage so they can backdash, jump out, attack, armor, whatever and you both have to guess on the follow ups. After a EX Nut Punch she has so much advantage she can just do whatever she wants and all they can do is guess. The best thing to do would be to mix up the f+3 overhead and the d/f+1 low.

So you can like whiff punish something with b+1,2~Cartwheel, run up b+1,2~EX Nut Punch to carry them to the corner. Then they have to guess. If you do d/f+1 and they blocked high you relaunch and can do a huge corner combo. Potentially into another EX Nut Punch.

Cassie has Injustice style set play. Very strong character.

Ya, that was my second though that it was just a mixup opportunity. Not a very combo heavy character is she?

So I take it there is no stage changes like in Injustice right? Those were always super awesome to watch but can guess why they would be removed.

My game is completely broken on Xbox One. I spent ages updating and installing and as soon as it starts up it plays a video about Faction Wars which locks up half way in. I can't skip the video too. Wtf? :(

Dr. Buni

Difficulty was underwhelming compared to
Kahn's cheap ass
True, although there were ways to cheese the final boss fight in MK9. I welcome an easier final boss this time, fuck cheap final bosses in fighting games.
Can I just say that the return of mk as one of gamings biggest franchises is one of my favorite things to happen in the last 5 years.

I had forgotten how much I absolutely love mortal kombat. This stuff was such an enormous part of my childhood. I remember when the first three games were events. You would see mk on the cover of magazines for months leading up to their releases and then for months after. Entire code sections dedicated to mk.

It feels good for all that to be back.
Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct returning to glory makes me happy. Those were my to-go fighting games as a kid (I only got to know Smash and KOF as a teenager). MK9 was such a great game to play on my ex-Vita and MKX is at least 3 times better. Good stuff.

(Well, I still haven't played the new KI, but everyone talk good things about it).

Krejlooc

Banned
True, although there were ways to cheese the final boss fight in MK9. I welcome an easier final boss this time, fuck cheap final bosses in fighting games.

Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct returning to glory makes me happy. Those were my to-go fighting games as a kid (I only got to know Smash and KOF as a teenager). MK9 was such a great game to play on my ex-Vita and MKX is at least 3 times better. Good stuff.

(Well, I still haven't played the new KI, but everyone talk good things about it).

I bought an xbox one specifically for killer instict, it is my most played game. Got a chronus max and use my ssfiv fight stick.

Amazing game. I think I like mkx a bit better thus far, but ki is not far behind. What an amazing sequel that keeps getting better. I cant wait for cinder to drop. The episodic nature of ki keeps me coming back.

Only knock is that the ki story mode is bleh, when there is potentially an awesome story in there. Hopefully it gets fleshed out in season 3.

Top Bottom