• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Ebolarama

Banned
Kinda dumb how you seem to lose everything you gain from your faction when you switch from one to another, even at the max level. I want that trophy tho.

Probably too late for many people, but to get that trophy/achievement, switch between the factions (it take less than a minute to go through all 5) and unlock it before you level up your faction. I'm glad I caught myself early before I got a high rank.

Shouta

Didn't finish going through the cast last night. I may do that and figure out who I want to play then practice combos for a bit before going back to Super Robot Wars.

Kung Lao seemed fun but oh man, his Tempest variation needs a little more to it than it has now. Losing hat after one hit of the Orbiting one is silly and it takes longer to come back. What's up with that? lol

exYle

Probably too late for many people, but to get that trophy/achievement, switch between the factions (it take less than a minute to go through all 5) and unlock it before you level up your faction. I'm glad I caught myself early before I got a high rank.

There's one for getting max rank in all of the factions

Dr. Buni

I bought an xbox one specifically for killer instict, it is my most played game. Got a chronus max and use my ssfiv fight stick.

Amazing game. I think I like mkx a bit better thus far, but ki is not far behind. What an amazing sequel that keeps getting better. I cant wait for cinder to drop. The episodic nature of ki keeps me coming back.

Only knock is that the ki story mode is bleh, when there is potentially an awesome story in there. Hopefully it gets fleshed out in season 3.
Maybe I should sell my Wii U and buy a Xbox One with the game, because honestly, it is failing to impress me so far. So I just keep watching KI videos hoping it comes to PC someday.
There's one for getting max rank in all of the factions
What are the max rank and levels for factions?

jonezer4

Still trying to work it out but on some stages such as Dead Woods if you use 3 interactions and have the 3rd as the final hit for the win instead of just hitting them it will perform a brutality version such as throwing the tree branch through the opponents chest.

I'll do some videos.

I've had this happen, I believe, in the middle of a fight, and it didn't kill them. Was more like an X-ray than a brutality. Not sure if we're talking about the same things.

Krejlooc

Banned
Maybe I should sell my Wii U and buy a Xbox One with the game, because honestly, it is failing to impress me so far. So I just keep watching KI videos hoping it comes to PC someday.

I am hoping so hard it comes to PC. It looks good on my Xbox one, but it'd undoubtedly look outstanding on my PC. Besides, all my friends switched from Xbox 360 to PC this generation. I'm the only person with an Xbox One, so I have to play online with randoms. Fighting games are a thousand times more fun when you have friends to play against.

Dr. Buni

I am hoping so hard it comes to PC. It looks good on my Xbox one, but it'd undoubtedly look outstanding on my PC. Besides, all my friends switched from Xbox 360 to PC this generation. I'm the only person with an Xbox One, so I have to play online with randoms. Fighting games are a thousand times more fun when you have friends to play against.
Lets hope together then. I think at this point KI coming to PC would be a good thing to everyone, especially if it features crossplay with the Xbox One version.

(this is very off topic)

Teknoman

Didn't finish going through the cast last night. I may do that and figure out who I want to play then practice combos for a bit before going back to Super Robot Wars.

Kung Lao seemed fun but oh man, his Tempest variation needs a little more to it than it has now. Losing hat after one hit of the Orbiting one is silly and it takes longer to come back. What's up with that? lol

Buzzsaw Kung Lao all day. I've given up on fists of fury combos though, and just do the 3 hit and 2 hit combos.

How do you block overheads anyway?

Just double dipped on Mortal Kombat X and got the PS4 version

I had the PC version but it runs so poorly on my PC yet I blow past the system recommended requirements. Using the auto config for the video settings puts it in windowed 720p with all features off/low.

I tried 1080p with all features off or low and FXAA off and it still chugs. I lowered it to 900p and it helped a bit but the game is looking kind of ugly now.

Pretty sad at how bad that port is.

I'm also a bit bummed as I don't have a fightpad for my PS4 so I guess I will have to use the standard PS4 pad.

can someone be kind to explain the EX meter at the bottom? I don't get it.

I come from Street Fighter and I was trying to figure why EX moves sometimes executed and sometimes did not,

Krejlooc

Banned
Just double dipped on Mortal Kombat X and got the PS4 version

I had the PC version but it runs so poorly on my PC yet I blow past the system recommended requirements. Using the auto config for the video settings puts it in windowed 720p with all features off/low.

I tried 1080p with all features off or low and FXAA off and it still chugs. I lowered it to 900p and it helped a bit but the game is looking kind of ugly now.

Pretty sad at how bad that port is.

I'm also a bit bummed as I don't have a fightpad for my PS4 so I guess I will have to use the standard PS4 pad.

it runs like a champ on my pc. I wonder if this is one of those instances where specific cards handle the game poorly. Do you have an nvidia card, or an AMD card? Also, type of CPU?

Just curious. This game seems to vary wildly in quality from pc to pc.

zeemumu

Finished the story. That was actually a pretty badass ending.

Quan Chi got shafted in this game's story in comparison to MK9'

If both Quan Chi and Shang Tsung are dead, then Deadly Alliance doesn't happen, so Deception is next, right? We've almost come full circle.

Krejlooc

Banned

I come from Street Fighter and I was trying to figure why EX moves sometimes executed and sometimes did not,

there are 3 tiers, each unlocking different things. 1 stock is needed to do an EX attack, 2 stocks are needed for a combo breaker, and 3 stocks are needed for an x-ray move.

Not all special moves have EX variations.

it runs like a champ on my pc. I wonder if this is one of those instances where specific cards handle the game poorly. Do you have an nvidia card, or an AMD card? Also, type of CPU?

Just curious. This game seems to vary wildly in quality from pc to pc.

i7-3770k
12GB Ram
GTX 770 NVIDIA

FHIZ

yea ut there are 3 slots of bar at the bottom and the EX move does not always work. what are the three slots for?

I know full is required for X-Ray

Every EX move consumes one bar, so if you have none, then EX moves aren't going to work. You need two bars to execute a combo break. And like you said, three for X-Ray.

Manu

If both Quan Chi and Shang Tsung are dead, then Deadly Alliance doesn't happen, so Deception is next, right? We've almost come full circle.

Since Reptile is working for Kotal in this new timeline, he probably won't find Onaga's egg and become the host for his new body. The Kamidogu are also daggers now for some reason and have some relevance in the comics. Shujinko doesn't seem to be in the picture anymore.

Deadstar

There is a training mode in the game. Go to one player, then practice and I think it's at the bottom. It explains the mechanics to you. I need to run through it myself.

Also, I really hope we get Rain in this game. He is awesome in the campaign.

Amedo310

Finished the story. That was actually a pretty badass ending.

Quan Chi got shafted in this game's story in comparison to MK9'

Shang Tsung is pretty alive. He appeared in multiple arcade endings.

Kinsei

Banned
yea ut there are 3 slots of bar at the bottom and the EX move does not always work. what are the three slots for?

I know full is required for X-Ray

One bar is required to perform an EX move. Check the move list to make sure the one you're using has an ex version.

Two bars are needed to perform a combo breaker. If you're caught in a combo hit forward +R2/RT to break it and if you're blocking a combo hit forward + L2/LT to break it.

Three bars are needed to perform an X-ray.

Since Reptile is working for Kotal in this new timeline, he probably won't find Onaga's egg and become the host for his new body. The Kamidogu are also daggers now for some reason and have some relevance in the comics. Shujinko doesn't seem to be in the picture anymore.

Nitara could probably still trick him anyways. If Kotal wasn't willing to free Edenia, there's no way he'd free her realm.

Shouta

I've still gotten hit with overhead X-rays while standing and blocking though...unless that was just a side effect of me being sleepy.

That's probably you being sleepy. Overheads are meant to hit folks that are crouching in games that they appear in. So if you can't block it, it's typically either because you're crouching outright or you're reflexively hitting down-back to block attacks. Granted it's a block button but that habit to crouch often sticks for a lot of people.

Unai

I actually don't think MK9 or injustice does that. But you can lower the difficulty.

I have found MKX to be much easier than MK9 in story mode.

Are you sure?

Actually I don't want to lower the difficult. But when I played Injustice I had the feeling that if I lost three times in a row or so, the game would got easier until I beat that guy. It would not change the setting, just become easier until the next fight. I hated it. I want to get my ass kicked until I learned how to play.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Input delay online makes me want to rip my dick off.

that's really weird, our machines aren't that dissimilar, just that mine has more juice.

i7-4970k
gtx 980 sc
16 gb ddr3 1600

What sort of performance do you get? Do you know your average framerate?

I just get massive frame rate drops and it doesn't seem to get above 50 fps at 1080p with low settings as described above. It's aggravating. :[

Krejlooc

Banned
Are you sure?

Actually I don't want to lower the difficult. But when I played Injustice I had the feeling that if I lost three times in a row or so, the game would got easier until I beat that guy. It would not change the setting, just become easier until the next fight. I hated it. I want to get my ass kicked until I learned how to play.

not certain at all, I'm just remembering the topics people made about not being able to beat shao kahn.

Teknoman

That's probably you being sleepy. Overheads are meant to hit folks that are crouching in games that they appear in. So if you can't block it, it's typically either because you're crouching outright or you're reflexively hitting down-back to block attacks. Granted it's a block button but that habit to crouch often sticks for a lot of people.

Down back + sleepy it is then lol. It took me awhile to get back used to block button mechanics.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.

In Cassies Klassic tower ending
she ends up murdering Shujinko. I think because she thought that he was Shang Tsung?

Top Bottom