• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

drigosr

*Shrug*

I think Kung Jin looks generic as all hell

Really?

Well, i like his design. His bow/staff weapon is beautiful and his moves are very acrobatics.

In terms of personality, he tells some jokes, has a interesting chapter and good moments in other's chapters.

I can't see him as a generic character like Tanya or Hsu Hao, for example.

Teknoman

Yeah I was saying that to a friend earlier like I feel like they should of had a living forest variant to that stage. I feel the stages themselves aren't as interesting as former games this time around.

Thats why I keep tweeting (not sure if its effective lol) to Ed Boon and Netherealm in general about a klassic stage dlc pack. I'd really like to see a living forest variant as well, or at least a Pit X, or just more creative stages in general added. The Kove looks pretty cool, as does that one stage where Kotal Kahn is having a temple built, along with Quan Chi's fortress.

I only did a few verus matches, how does KOTH work?

Its basically a loser has to pass the stick type deal. Winner stays up.

zlatko

Banned
I find the stick a lot more cumbersome, first fighting game I've ever said that.
I think I said the same a few pages back.

Truly this is the only fighter I do not want to use my stick for. My fingers are not jelling with it, and since inputs are so easy for specials compared to a SF like fighter, I don't find my execution lacking on pad. Luckily I practiced on pad with Xrd so that helped.

I'm still not set on my pad yet, and will give stick another fair go, but I didn't run into this issue in MK9 which is weird...

Dr. Buni

I don't like Kung Jin's design that much, but every single one of the other newcomers look great to me. Specially D'Vorah. On the subject of the swarm queen, I just finished the arcade mode with D'vorah and her ending is amazingly creepy.
She basically uses Shinnok body as fertilizer for her bug children and then use the bugs to destroy everything.

Also, it doesn't matter how many times I try, I can't pull off her Migraine brutality.

ibqjeXS8U6jXss.jpg

This game looks weird on my TV. Like it's too...sharp? It's hard to explain but it just looks a bit off. I'm not sure if it's me or the XB1 version.

Krejlooc

Banned
I don't like Kung Jin's design that much, but every single one of the other newcomers look great to me. Specially D'Vorah. On the subject of the swarm queen, I just finished the arcade mode with D'vorah and her ending is amazingly creepy.
She basically uses Shinnok body as fertilizer for her bug children and then use the bugs to destroy everything.

Also, it doesn't matter how many times I try, I can't pull off her Migraine brutality.

I should probably love D'Vorah, because she looks like a juggle queen, but I can't get her timing down.

I have a streak of 9 wins now (46-39 record). This is my first MK, I've always been more of a SF player. I'm maining Kano, he sometimes feels slow, but he is so good at countering. Is there any other player good for a beginner?

Deadstar

Really?

Well, i like his design. His bow/staff weapon is beautiful and his moves are very acrobatics.

In terms of personality, he tells some jokes, has a interesting chapter and good moments in other's chapters.

I can't see him as a generic character like Tanya or Hsu Hao, for example.

I think the character is cool and I like the bow but the colors seem too brown. The original Mortal Kombat was very bright. You had different colored ninjas and mostly everyone else had bright clothes. Kung Jin just seems so dark you can't see any of the detail in his costume. I wish he had some more color to him. Maybe black and yellow.

Dr. Buni

I should probably love D'Vorah, because she looks like a juggle queen, but I can't get her timing down.
It is probably just a matter of training. I can't either, but I am not giving up.
I have a streak of 9 wins now (46-39 record). This is my first MK, I've always been more of a SF player. I'm maining Kano, he sometimes feels slow, but he is so good at countering. Is there any other player good for a beginner?
Liu Kang is designed to be a newcomer-friendly character. Give him a try.
I think the character is cool and I like the bow but the colors seem too brown. The original Mortal Kombat was very bright. You had different colored ninjas and mostly everyone else had bright clothes. Kung Jin just seems so dark you can't see any of the detail in his costume. I wish he had some more color to him. Maybe black and yellow.
Jacqui suffers from the same problem, but at least her alt makes she looks a little less bland.

Teknoman

That is pretty awesome. The blood coming out the other end is a nice touch.

I like the small details in the game. Like when you throw the old lady in the marketplace and a pool of blood slowly forms under her. I sound sick.

Oh so there are stage fatalities then?

About half-way into the story mode, and yeah, this game is great. I'd be lying if part of me is wishing for an MK9 remaster, though. Hell, just an up-res'd port to the new systems would be fine. Maybe, uh, sans High Voltage at the wheel.

If there's anything disappointing about it so far, it's that a lot of the fatalities seem to be a 50/50 split between "vertically slicing some guy's face off" and "ripping out some ribs and stabbing them back into 'em." MK9 felt a lot more varied on that front.

Anyway, is this the wrong thread to give away codes? I imagine most people have Goro codes already, but I've got two extra PS4 codes if anyone wants 'em.

drigosr

So you probably didn't like his alt costume too. LOL

Krejlooc

Banned
About half-way into the story mode, and yeah, this game is great. I'd be lying if part of me is wishing for an MK9 remaster, though. Hell, just an up-res'd port to the new systems would be fine. Maybe, uh, sans High Voltage at the wheel.

This is what PC is for, although, after MKX, MK9 looks quite rough.

Story mode felt way shorter and easier. Not a big deal, still enjoyable and plenty more content to be found. But, wasn't expecting to fly through it so fast.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've been really liking the stages so far. Favorite is the Outworld Marketplace(probably for the girl you can throw) and visually the Lin Kuei Temple snow effect looks great. I really like using the branches in Dead Woods to spin around and kick people too.

Manu

That is pretty awesome. The blood coming out the other end is a nice touch.

I like the small details in the game. Like when you throw the old lady in the marketplace and a pool of blood slowly forms under her. I sound sick.

My favorite detail so far is still doing a Brutality on Ferra/Torr as Ermac.

When Ermac does a Brutality he will say his MK9 catchprhase, "We are many, you are but one."

Do it on Ferra/Torr and he says "We are many, you are but two."

Just from watching streams it seems like Takeda is going to be annoying to play against online.

A friend is maining him. He is.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Done all fatalities yet achievement progress stuck at 95%. Driving me mad finding out who I've missed.

Krejlooc

Banned
My favorite detail so far is still doing a Brutality on Ferra/Torr as Ermac.

When Ermac does a Brutality he will say his MK9 catchprhase, "We are many, you are but one."

Do it on Ferra/Torr and he says "We are many, you are but two."

lol that's awesome

what happens if you do it to ermac?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Online isn't playable for me, ping bars don't show, matches are super laggy and I CTD very often. I guess I'll wait for a patch and hope I still care by then :/

Deadstar

So you probably didn't like his alt costume too. LOL

Ha, oh man. I haven't seen it yet. I'm still going through the story mode. For the most part I don't care too much for the kid characters other than Cassie. I like that her personality is a mix between Sonya and Johnny. I don't think the other kids are that compelling at least not yet. Jacqui seems kind of interesting with the bracers but the new human characters are just kind of blah to me. I'll have to finish the story to see how it turns out.

I don't really like Ferra Torr either. The idea is cool but I don't like the look of the little girl or the beast really. I think the designs could have been better. Make her more like D'vorrah and give her a really unique design. Instead it looks like a little human girl with a weird helmet.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You can do a super easy 6 hit combo with Kotal for like 47% in Blood God if you set it up right. I hope that happens in a tournament, lol.

Kaibutsu

I'm also playing on a stick and have had quite a time finding the ideal button layout. After a while I settled on the 'old school' layout of having block in between LK and RK so that EX moves don't require rapid finger contortion lol.

I tried using a stick and couldn't play the game at all with it since the default controls are all cardinal directions and double taps. I found the pad much easier to use

You can do a super easy 6 hit combo with Kotal for like 47% in Blood God if you set it up right. I hope that happens in a tournament, lol.
I know a 4 hit combo that normally adds 9% to the combo I saw. Unsure of how it would scale, but will report later when I get home.

So excited to play more. Damn this ODE class, it's cutting into kombat time.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else suffering from CTD during online on PC? It's unplayable for me.

drigosr

Ha, oh man. I haven't seen it yet. I'm still going through the story mode. For the most part I don't care too much for the kid characters other than Cassie. I like that her personality is a mix between Sonya and Johnny. I don't think the other kids are that compelling at least not yet. Jacqui seems kind of interesting with the bracers but the new human characters are just kind of blah to me. I'll have to finish the story to see how it turns out.

I don't really like Ferra Torr either. The idea is cool but I don't like the look of the little girl or the beast really. I think the designs could have been better. Make her more like D'vorrah and give her a really unique design. Instead it looks like a little human girl with a weird helmet.

Cassie Cage is by far, the best new character, and I'm speaking from someone who was really afraid of what this mix of old characters could become.

Ferra/Torr would be nice characters but they barely appear in story mode, so I couldn't see much of them.

D'Vorah surprised me. I thought she was going to be just a Kotal mentor but she has great moments and is responsible for importants events (no spoiler).

Top Bottom