• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Reinstalling the game to see if it fixes the krypt glitch. I do have to say the ghost installing is actually a terrible idea and just confuses people. Hopefully other games don't follow it.

Dr. Buni

I have the game installed on my PC and around 5 hours played and it still doesn't appear on my list of games and on my profile page.
Xy7QmDU.png
Is this happening only to me? If not, I wonder when/if Steam will fix it.

I have the game installed on my PC and around 5 hours played and it still doesn't appear on my list of games and on my profile page.

I'm having the same issue, it also happened with Pillars of Eternity and that eventually showed up on my profile.

Krejlooc

Banned
speaking of steam - this is the first time I have ever disabled the steam overlay for a game. I did so because the achievement pop ups kinda got spoiler-y in the beginning.

Most noob friendly character besides Scorpion?

Goro and Lui Kang.

Lui Kang has always been intended to be a character that is easy to pick up. Most of his special move inputs are exactly the same, with only the attack button being changed.

Goro has the #punchwalk move. Any decent player will know to keep distance, jump over, etc., but he also has the ground pound, teleport, and a projectile. It's pretty easy to win with just special moves. I don't think he's OP, but I know a ton of people will complain that he is lol.

They straight up said in a previous stream that Reptile is easy to pickup for new users and less advanced players. I personally have only played the characters you control in Story Mode so can't comment beyond that yet.

Dubz

Sub-Zero maybe? I've only been playing with Cassie so far, she's doesn't seem too tough to learn but I still get worked pretty good and haven't really spent much time playing anyone else.
Yeah I like Sub. Think I'll main him and Kitana. So combo breakers? I seem to be doing them by accident. What's the input?

Krejlooc

Banned
Goro and Lui Kang.

Lui Kang has always been intended to be a character that is easy to pick up. Most of his special move inputs are exactly the same, with only the attack button being changed.

He was actually quite disadvantaged in vanilla MK3 because his combo openers didn't gel with the style of the game. Once they added the ability to begin with a jumping attack in UMK3, he became quite awesome because he was way faster than anybody else and could very easily transition in to very long combos.

I mained Lui Kang in UMK3 and MKT.

Demoskinos

Yeah I'm like Sub. Think I'll main him and Kitana. So combo breakers? I seem to be doing them by accident. What's the input?
You need two bars of meter then forward+block you can also press forward+stance change while blocking a combo to break a combo even if you aren't getting hit. Good for getting some breathing room if someone is rushing you down.

KePoW

Banned

same with me, but this happens a lot with brand new games on Steam

just takes a few days to show up on people's profiles

Are there a lot more nasty deaths to come post(major character death)
Milana
in the story mode? Up to that point it was just lots of slaps.

Rean

I wasn't really feeling the game yesterday, but I'm warming up to it now. I really like Cassie (Brawler). I'm coming up with some good stuff in training mode.

Dr. Buni

Liu Kang is pretty fun and easy to play. Always enjoyed the character since MK3.
same with me, but this happens a lot with brand new games on Steam

just takes a few days to show up on people's profiles
Now that you mention it, this is the first game I buy day 1 on Steam. The thought this could be common didn't even cross my mind.

All variations have a visual thing that distinguishes it from the others. You want to get rid of it, play another variation.

yes there are even two, one for completing the test of might tower (with any character) and one for finishing the klassic tower with sub zero

Play Story mode...or finish Klassic Tower as Sub-Zero

Thank god i love that look for him!

Just finished story mode. It was pretty good.

Though
I feel like, for a game called Mortal Kombat, surprisingly few characters died. Especially compared to MK9, where they killed off half the damn cast in 30 seconds. I was expecting at least one of the four kids to bite it, and at least one of the Cages.

ChuckNyce

I wasn't really feeling the game yesterday, but I'm warming up to it now. I really like Cassie (Brawler). I'm coming up with some good stuff in training mode.

Yea she's my main at the moment (Hollywood). Really liking her moveset and have started building my own combos off of some of the basic ones in the pause menu. Feels good. There's a lot of other fighters I liked from the story mode too and want to try out (D'vorah, Jacqui Briggs, Takeda, etc.). Fighters usually don't have long legs for me but I'm really enjoying MK X so far, hoping I can stick with it.

MrBlonde

Most noob friendly character besides Scorpion?

I have only done some Story so far but I am also trying to decide on 2-3 people to stick with. Right now leaning towards either Reptile, Sub Zero, or Johnny Cage but that could change because I have barely tried anyone yet other then Story mode.

Sephzilla

Reinstalling the game to see if it fixes the krypt glitch. I do have to say the ghost installing is actually a terrible idea and just confuses people. Hopefully other games don't follow it.

I'm not a fan of ghost installing either but I think the main issue stems from there being absolutely no indicator stating that the game ghost installs at all.

Manu

Just finished story mode. It was pretty good.

Though
I feel like, for a game called Mortal Kombat, surprisingly few characters died. Especially compared to MK9, where they killed off half the damn cast in 30 seconds. I was expecting at least one of the four kids to bite it, and at least one of the Cages.

I loved that Quan Chi finally died, it was about damn time. Even if Scorpion was being an idiot.

KAL2006

Banned
I wonder if there will be more character DLC. Characters such as Rain and Fujin are created for the cutscenes I don't see why they can't have these characters as DLC later down the line.

Moff

I wonder if there will be more character DLC. Characters such as Rain and Fujin are created for the cutscenes I don't see why they can't have these characters as DLC later down the line.

of course they will, you even fight them some of them and they have their own moves. and dlc heavy as this game alread is, I think it's very likely they release more classic characters.

I'd say there's a 99% chance there will be a second set of DLC characters, like how Injustice had 6 instead of the originally planned 4.

I think Fujin is likely, but I doubt Rain will be DLC again.

Krejlooc

Banned
Were fatalities listed on the classic MK cabinets? If not, I wonder how people discovered them?

lol NOOOOOO

the klassic MK games had super long life spans because there were so many secrets to unlock, and you just found them either by word of mouth, or a slow trickle of information through magazines (or if you were badass like I was, you went on compuserve and printed faqs).

They would even throw in random bits of bad information to keep people looking for stuff that didn't exist. The best example of this is Rain: He appeared in the intro to UMK3 and a bunch of clues pointed to him being a secret character, but he didn't actually exist in the game.

It made merely watching the game an event, because you might see something you had never seen before. It would take weeks or months for you to witness every fatality in the game.

Those games were so cool.

Kinsei

Banned
I don't mind getting this spoiled: does
Tanya
die in story mode?

Nope.

lol NOOOOOO

the klassic MK games had super long life spans because there were so many secrets to unlock, and you just found them either by word of mouth, or a slow trickle of information through magazines (or if you were badass like I was, you went on compuserve and printed faqs).

They would even throw in random bits of bad information to keep people looking for stuff that didn't exist. The best example of this is Rain: He appeared in the intro to UMK3 and a bunch of clues pointed to him being a secret character, but he didn't actually exist in the game.

It made merely watching the game an event, because you might see something you had never seen before. It would take weeks or months for you to witness every fatality in the game.

Those games were so cool.

Yeah, that was great. Does anyone here know when the first fatality was ever discovered and what it was?

Did anyone else get more than one character to play with? I've got about a dozen or more but everyone else only seems to have gotten Scorpion in their copies.

Kuno

Can i get some help? I just started up the game on my PS4 and when watching the factions video not nearly in the clip the game crashes it even crashes when i want to choose a faction. Getting this error ce-34878-0. Anyone knows how to fix this?

I had this exact same problem, and this fixed it:

1. Shut off the PS4
2. Unplug the power cord for 30 seconds and then plug it back in.
3. Turn on the PS4 and the game should work with no crashes.

A-V-B

The input lag online really does bite, though. I spend a ton of time training combos in practice, then I go online and... none of them happen. You can get off one or two moves before the lag annihilates your sense of timing, and it all goes to hell, forcing you to actually play like a novice to pull off wins, relying on simple combos and waiting for people to jump in so you can hope to god to land an uppercut. It's basically a different game.

I hope they fix all this in not too long.

Shouta

The Yin & Yang style Liu Kang seems kind of interesting but having to do a HCB to make the dark balls stop in place kinda sucks, lol. If I could do something faster to them up after knockdown, I'd love to try and learn setups for them.

Kinsei

Banned
The input lag online really does bite, though. I spend a ton of time training combos in practice, then I go online and... none of them happen. You can get off one or two moves before the lag annihilates your sense of timing, and it all goes to hell, forcing you to actually play like a novice to pull off wins, relying on simple combos and waiting for people to jump in so you can hope to god to land an uppercut. It's basically a different game.

I hope they fix all this in not too long.

Yep. I've been practicing an awesome combo with D'Vorah offline, but I can't do them online. Trying to do a mid combo air throw is damn near impossible with lag.

Oh well at least the online is still fun IMO, and I can still use that combo in the living towers.

Top Bottom