• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Kaibutsu

Most of the character design is much better in MKX vs. MK9. Especially the females. Night and day difference.

hah yeah. I played through the entire story mode of MK9 this past weekend before I got X and holy shit. It had been 3 years since I even looked at that game but I the first thing I thought was that all the female characters looked like how I drew women when I was a horny 12 year old.

Kinsei

Banned
Either I'm improving or people online do not know how to handle Goro. I managed to whoop some dudes ass that was 32/2 in ranked mode.

It's most likely the latter, isn't it?

Pac3y

I think I said the same a few pages back.

Truly this is the only fighter I do not want to use my stick for. My fingers are not jelling with it, and since inputs are so easy for specials compared to a SF like fighter, I don't find my execution lacking on pad. Luckily I practiced on pad with Xrd so that helped.

I'm still not set on my pad yet, and will give stick another fair go, but I didn't run into this issue in MK9 which is weird...

It's taken me some real effort, but I've managed to get used to the stick. It is indeed cumbersome, but was worth sticking it out. It feels natural now, and I can't play on the pad anymore, heh.

DryvBy

Which characters do you guys wish would make a special return? For me it's
Baraka
. He's my 2nd favorite character in the series.

I like watching demo mode. The AI does some unique combos that seem impractical but cool. The Ferra/Torr mirror was the funniest by far. Its a shame you can't do CPU vs CPU in MKX.

RM8

Which characters do you guys wish would make a special return? For me it's
Baraka
. He's my 2nd favorite character in the series.
Sektor, but with his classic design. The Ironman with dreadlocks look sucks. Also Jade and Sheeva. Or funny old man MK1 Shang Tsung.

Nokterian

Can i get some help? I just started up the game on my PS4 and when watching the factions video not nearly in the clip the game crashes it even crashes when i want to choose a faction. Getting this error ce-34878-0. Anyone knows how to fix this?

A-V-B

Mileena in story mode:
I wish she had a stronger reaction to losing and getting executed. Her whole life was spent in Kitana's shadow, trying to show she was just as valuable as her sister. Then she completely, utterly fails... in multiple ways. It's sort of tragic, Mileena's morality aside, and I felt she got a really casual sendoff for a classic we've had since MK2.

Manu

Mileena in story mode:
I wish she had a stronger reaction to losing and getting executed. Her whole life was spent in Kitana's shadow, trying to show she was just as valuable as her sister. Then she completely, utterly fails... in multiple ways. It's sort of tragic, Mileena's morality aside, and I felt she got a really casual sendoff for a classic we've had since MK2.

Well,
keep in mind MK9 retconned that and she is no longer in Kitana's shadow. In the new timeline she was created right before MK2 due to Kahn believing Kitana was becoming disloyal. In this timeline, since her birth Mileena was the favored child while Kitana moved to the side of good.

A-V-B

Well,
keep in mind MK9 retconned that and she is no longer in Kitana's shadow. In the new timeline she was created right before MK2 due to Kahn believing Kitana was becoming disloyal. In this timeline, since her birth Mileena was the favored child while Kitana moved to the side of good.

Ah.

Still... she's a classic. Kind of a major character to kill off, and I wish it had just a bit more ceremony.

Kinsei

Banned
Ah.

Still... she's a classic. Kind of a major character to kill off, and I wish it had just a bit more ceremony.

She was killed off by the best character in the series so it's okay. In all seriousness (although D'Vorah is the best in the series IMO) at least she got more of a send-off than every character that died in MK9 (except Shao Kahn).

A-V-B

Eh if her ladder ending is canon in any way
she can be mass produced anyways

But you're the only Ayanami!

She was killed off by the best character in the series so it's okay. In all seriousness (although D'Vorah is the best in the series IMO) at least she got more of a send-off than every character that died in MK9 (except Shao Kahn).

And Baraka got fuckin' bodied again this game, lol

That dude never got a break.

styl3s

If you're a GCU member, Best Buy's preorder is already better ($48 game + $25 season pass with $10 back, compared to $60 game + $10 season pass). If you're not, you can take advantage of their deal this week (buy MKX with a GCU membership, get a free $15 GC) and have the 20% discount work on MKX by ordering online.

CCaofelVEAAHdhM.png
Does this not wok in-store? $15 card aside can i go in get the card and the MK Kollectors and have the discount work on that in the same transaction?

Top Bottom