• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Krejlooc

Banned
Yeah, that was great. Does anyone here know when the first fatality was ever discovered and what it was?

I remember seeing mine. I was lucky and saw it while waiting to play the game for the first time. Huge crowd around the cabinet, and this dude pulled out someone's heart with Kano. The place went nuts.

It was so fucking cool. Keep in mind the time period.

I remember showing my sister Sub-Zero's spine rip not that long after, and she actually let out a gasp.

Codiox

Jesus I almost get a heart attack evertime I play online. I'm a beginner but am winning most of the time. Really intense and fun.

Anyway how do I get the scorpion costumes? I only got one from the krypt, what about the others?

A-V-B

I remember seeing mine. I was lucky and saw it while waiting to play the game for the first time. Huge crowd around the cabinet, and this dude pulled out someone's heart with Kano. The place went nuts.

It was so fucking cool. Keep in mind the time period.

I remember showing my sister Sub-Zero's spine rip not that long after, and she actually let out a gasp.

Mine was Scorpion's mask rip. That was pretty scary as a little little kid.

Having sudden issues with my fightstick and was wondering if anyone had advice. Have been playing on the PC with an Eightarc Fusion toggled to the PS3-PC setting. During the last match however the LED lights suddenly disabled and the inputs have messed up. For example, square/X is now back and circle/B is confirm. Can't get it to work properly in any game so is the stick bust?

Fury451

Banned
So apparently Troy Baker voices not only Erron Black but Shinnok also.

The real surprise is Ashly "Tiny Tina/Hey Ash" Burch is Cassie Cage.

Steve Blum is Sub-Zero, Reptile, and Bo' Rai Cho.

And Vash The Stampede is Kung Jin.

Krejlooc

Banned
Mine was Scorpion's mask rip. That was pretty scary as a little little kid.

I remember UMK3 was great because Human Smoke wasn't found until after the sega saturn version was released. it was a huge mindfuck. It was like... oh hey, there is another hidden character in this game besides the existing 3. And surprise! He also can be unlocked in the home version!

I spent so, so, SOOOOO much fucking time following bogus Rain rumors.

Jetman

Nope. All trial-and-error + word of mouth. Always saw players at the game with hand written cheat sheets.

Was wondering about this the other day. Honestly can't believe people just randomly stumbled onto them. Think it's more likely that Boon or Tobias leaked them to a few arcades or maybe even some game mags.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Do faction kill inputs change depending on the faction your with? Also does anyone have a full list of them? Still only have the first 3 but I'd like to see what the others are like.

I remember UMK3 was great because Human Smoke wasn't found until after the sega saturn version was released. it was a huge mindfuck. It was like... oh hey, there is another hidden character in this game besides the existing 3. And surprise! He also can be unlocked in the home version!

I spent so, so, SOOOOO much fucking time following bogus Rain rumors.
I remember freaking out when Noon Saibot appeared in MK2 at my cousin's house. Good times, especially for a hyperactive 4 year old.

Manu

So apparently Troy Baker voices not only Erron Black but Shinnok also.

The real surprise is Ashly "Tiny Tina/Hey Ash" Burch is Cassie Cage.

Oh my god you're right. She totally sounds the same as she does as Chloe in Life is Strange too.

Essay

I was curious about what Imposter Shinnok would get from my Jacqui when he hits me with his Mimicry special. Turns out he gets the worst possible move: a -18 on block, low-damage rush punch that he's too slow to get a run combo off of. This makes me happy.

ZeroCDR

I remember UMK3 was great because Human Smoke wasn't found until after the sega saturn version was released. it was a huge mindfuck. It was like... oh hey, there is another hidden character in this game besides the existing 3. And surprise! He also can be unlocked in the home version!.

Huh? That doesn't sound right, Human Smoke was always in the attract mode fighting Noob Saibot in UMK3 arcade IIRC. At least, I definitely remember trying the button combination from the Arcade on the Saturn version on launch day and it worked, was very stoked lol

zlatko

Banned
His dive kick is an awesome combo starter too.

High level players are going to make this dive kick be redonculous.

He can actually do a normal jump in attack and then cancel it into the dive kick---so in theory he can make it safe as a confirm to get a combo going.

It's pretty easy to block though and the punish window is huge if you just throw it out there non stop.

I'm considering him as a main as well. So much of the cast is a blast though. It's going to take a while to find one.

Kinsei

Banned
Ah, dat Mortal Kombat-style backstory, where all the important things unrelated to fighting happen off-screen

Uh, they straight up tell you on screen. Did you miss the part where Raiden says the Shaolin don't care about who his (Kung Jin's) heart desires?

I was curious about what Imposter Shinnok would get from my Jacqui when he hits me with his Mimicry special. Turns out he gets the worst possible move: a -18 on block, low-damage rush punch that he's too slow to get a run combo off of. This makes me happy.

He can combo off that dash uppercut with his shoulder into MB for 20% or so.

Fury451

Banned
Oh my god you're right. She totally sounds the same as she does as Chloe in Life is Strange too.

You just blew my mind, I had no idea she was Chloe but I hear it now.

I didn't pick up she was Cassie until I read it, but its so obvious now.

Krejlooc

Banned
Huh? That doesn't sound right, Human Smoke was always in the attract mode fighting Noob Saibot in UMK3 arcade IIRC. At least, I definitely remember trying the button combination from the Arcade on the Saturn version on launch day and it worked, was very stoked lol

Rain is fighting Shao Kahn at the Blue Portal in the attract mode. Human smoke isn't featured:

9I2hBAL.png

I remember when Human Smoke was discovered on Compuserve, specifically because a rep from Prima was posting as well and they had to rush the addendum to the sega saturn strategy guide. I still have the saturn guide, and indeed, the first page is hastily inserted.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Do we have a wish list going for Kombat Pack 2 yet?

Mine:

1. Freddy
2. Smoke
3. Baraka
4. Sindel

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Anyone know of any sites that have the move/combo/facility list for each character yet? Haven't seen one posted And I'm not having any luck finding a good one myself.

My bad if this has been discussed/answered

Rain is fighting Shao Kahn at the Blue Portal in the attract mode. Human smoke isn't featured:

9I2hBAL.png

I remember when Human Smoke was discovered on Compuserve, specifically because a rep from Prima was posting as well and they had to rush the addendum to the sega saturn strategy guide. I still have the saturn guide, and indeed, the first page is hastily inserted.

Human Smoke is in the opening. He's a victim of a Fatality. You can also see him fight Noob Saibot in a match.

The Human Smoke code was definitely known before the Saturn version came out.

A-V-B

Uh, they straight up tell you on screen. Did you miss the part where Raiden says the Shaolin don't care about who his (Kung Jin's) heart desires?

My thought, as briefly as I had it, was "which person got Kung Jin into some shit?"

Falling in love with the wrong person from any gender can get you into hot water. Anyone above or below your social caste. Outside your race. Someone with overprotective and powerful parents. Many possibilities. My mind didn't go to "he likes men."

Then it was never brought up, so it was a short-lived curiosity.

ChuckNyce

Another (small) thing I'm liking about the game is that each match up seems to have custom dialog at the start of the fight. Some may find her grating, but Cassie's got some pretty funny ones.

stn

Got the game for XB1, LOVE IT. Using Kano (Cybernetic) and Kenshi (Balanced). If anyone wants to throw down, please add me! My GT is in the Google doc but I'll post it here anyway. GT: Norieaga.

EDIT: Huh? Since when is Zangief gay? Eagle is, yes. And Poison is transsexual. But 'Gief? Since when?

Top Bottom