• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

ZangBa

LOL, some poor guy gave up vs. me in KotH and started tbagging in the corner, little did he realize my Sun Ray on top of him was killing him and caused a Brutality for all to see. C:

Ebolarama

Banned
Mine

1. Sareena
2. Frost
3. Xenomorph
4. Freddy

I wanna be able to play MK Freddy vs Jason and Alien vs Predator.

New acid blood mechanic.

What about the robot twins? Need Cyrax at least.
I think it would be funny to have Striker and Kabal come back, just to see the outrage.

Dubz

High level players are going to make this dive kick be redonculous.

He can actually do a normal jump in attack and then cancel it into the dive kick---so in theory he can make it safe as a confirm to get a combo going.
That is insane...off to training.

Deadstar

Do we have a wish list going for Kombat Pack 2 yet?

Mine:

1. Freddy
2. Smoke
3. Baraka
4. Sindel

1. Noob Saibot
2. Cyrax
3. Sektor
4. Stryker
5. Baraka
6. Nightwolf
7. Kabal
8. Smoke
9. Rain

I can't believe Sektor and Cyrax were left out. They were awesome in MK9.

Fury451

Banned
Johnny Yong Bosch has voiced plenty more known characters than just Vash, my friend.
Oh definitely, I just figured that would be the most instantly recognizable. Usually I can identify his voice pretty quick because it has a very specific quality to it, but for some reason I didn't hear it here.

evil ways

Erron Black is crazy. I haven't had this much fun with a character in MK since Ermac in Deception and MK9. He's a weird but cool character, full of posibilities.

BadAss2961

Is the Krypt the only place with alternate costume unlocks? Looking at guides, I guess only a few characters have them at the moment.

FranXico

Is the Krypt the only place with alternate costume unlocks? Looking at guides, I guess only a few characters have them at the moment.

Certain tasks such as completing towers also unlocks a few select costumes.
For example,
completing the Test Your Might tower unlocks the Sub-Zero Revenant costume

Kinsei

Banned

Nope. You can also unlock alts by fulfilling certain conditions (like finishing all 10 test your might challenges for a certain Sub-Zero alt), finishing klassic tower (the new arcade mode) with the character you're trying to get an alt for, and by progressing in story mode.

BadAss2961

And the stupid thing is, adding moves to this combo decreases the damage.
Without damage scaling, characters would start going down in 2-3 touches once people get good at the game. It's needed.
Nope. You can also unlock alts by fulfilling certain conditions (like finishing all 10 test your might challenges for a certain Sub-Zero alt), finishing klassic tower (the new arcade mode) with the character you're trying to get an alt for, and by progressing in story mode.

Is there anywhere I can see all the unlocks? Trying to hook up my Quan Chi, but can't find anything for him.

Manu

MK9 and MKX have serious damage scaling. I had long Quan Chi combos in MK9 that just became useless because once damage scaling kicked in after 6 hits any more gave me a worse result.

I recently removed two hits from a combo in MKX when I realized the damage stayed exactly the same without them.

Methos#1975

Loving the game, just wish they would push a update that optimizes the PC port better. Its so highly inconsistent, one round its a smooth 60FPS and then the next it drops to 45 for no obvious reason. And good god, the FPS on the Sky Temple and Jungle stage at times.

Falifax

I always had trouble fighting Sub-Zero and of course the game mostly matches me against people who main Sub-Zero.

GAAAAAAAAH

Nokterian

I had this exact same problem, and this fixed it:

1. Shut off the PS4
2. Unplug the power cord for 30 seconds and then plug it back in.
3. Turn on the PS4 and the game should work with no crashes.

I uninstalled and installed the game again and now it all works.

Man it has been a longtime since i really played a fighting game and boy do i suck. Good thing for practice and against AI doing it with easy at the moment. There is much to learn..but it's a lot of fun!

Kei-

So I got my pre-order copy from Dell today, (yes I'm aware the number of people that buy games from Dell isn't very high. But i had $55 in gift cards Dell.com) and my copy didn't come with a code for Goro, nor did I receive an email or any sort of communique with a code.

I reached out to WB Games and was told the retailers were provided with codes to include with pre-orders. So I spoke with Dell and they had absolutely no idea about these codes.

As far as I remember, these codes weren't retailer specific, were they? Did I miss some sort of information that said only certain retailers would get them? This kinda sucks, as I'd like to try the character. If anyone has an extra code, or isn't interested in using him, I'd greatly appreciate a code.

atomico

The broken WBID stuff is pissing me off. I registered on both the PS4 and my phone, yet I haven't gotten any rewards. I desperately need Ninja Mime

Dr. Buni

Fingers will never be the same
04D482A194371E95163971F2E08B1AC5EDF69C52

Krejlooc

Banned
I always had trouble fighting Sub-Zero and of course the game mostly matches me against people who main Sub-Zero.

GAAAAAAAAH

Punish those noobs who are abusing his ice ball and slide. Both of those moves have awful recovery time. Just remember to block. If he tries and ice ball, use an attack that'll propel you across the screen (like Kung Jin's flying kick). If he slides at you, block low, then sweep.

Sub-Zero is a good character in most MK games, but lots of people play him like he's ryu or something.

X-Rays are meant to do big damage.

That is not stupid. It's now damage scaling works.

No shit X-Rays are supposed to do big damage. But most characters require more than two hits and an X-Ray to do half your opponent's health.

And yes, it is stupid. I understand it's how damage scaling works, and how damage scaling works is stupid. If I punch you three times, it should hurt more than if I punch you two times. I thought it was stupid in MK9, I thought it was stupid in Injustice, and I think it's stupid in MKX. They need to find a better way to do damage scaling.

Hmm I'm 113th on the Brotherhood of Shadow leaderboard. Neat. The thing I don't understand though is, how do people in the top 10 have over 4k war points? Number 1 has 5k. That doesn't make sense.

exYle

I'm thinking I'm gonna main Kenshi. He doesn't do a ton of damage but I can get a 7-8 hit combo pretty consistently now.

Demoskinos

So apparently Troy Baker voices not only Erron Black but Shinnok also.

The real surprise is Ashly "Tiny Tina/Hey Ash" Burch is Cassie Cage.

Steve Blum is Sub-Zero, Reptile, and Bo' Rai Cho.

And Vash The Stampede is Kung Jin.
Wow...really? Sounds nothing like her.

Top Bottom