• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Manu

Hmm I'm 113th on the Brotherhood of Shadow leaderboard. Neat. The thing I don't understand though is, how do people in the top 10 have over 4k war points? Number 1 has 5k. That doesn't make sense.

They probably got the game earlier.

I was 26 in the Lin Kuei leaderboard yesterday and had almost 4k points and rank 50 already.

Falifax

Punish those noobs who are abusing his ice ball and slide. Both of those moves have awful recovery time. Just remember to block. If he tries and ice ball, use an attack that'll propel you across the screen (like Kung Jin's flying kick). If he slides at you, block low, then sweep.

Sub-Zero is a good character in most MK games, but lots of people play him like he's ryu or something.

Just beat a guy. I guess I was just underestimating the low block.

malfcn

I have to practice with Takeda more. Looking online I see sick moves and combos, but mine are lame. Maybe he isn't the right character for me. But he reminds me of Smoke, and that was my dude.

So I can finally get to the kontent on the PC version. But all the sounds are fucked up for me. I can't hear the announcer, I can't hear any of the dialogue in the story mode and I've tried messing with the audio settings but it doesn't work. I am really disappointed, the PC version still doesn't seem functional for me.

Bleepey

She likes the heels and tits everywhere. She's upset there are less revealing costumes. At least the faces are better.

Don't tell Anita Sarkeesian! I am genuinely surprised at this, I can understand not being offended by it, but preferring it is kinda surprising IMO.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there a guide how to unlock all the krypt (and non-krypt? I dunno) costumes yet?

drotahorror

Anyone know how this trophy works?
Challenge Accepted
Win a single Tower Challenge

I seem to have completed a ton of those challenges that pop up randomly in towers. I'm guessing that's not that them though. Anyone know what a Tower Challenge is?

Nvm, it's a challenge sent from a friend.

jond76

Banned
His fatalities are great! Haha, which one are you talking about?

His default one with the spinning sword. The fact that it slows down to show you the instant of death is pretty harsh. It's particularly cruel when you fight Sonya or Jacqui and the pre fight banter is all "lets spar , buddy". Haha

molnizzle

Don't tell Anita Sarkeesian! I am genuinely surprised at this, I can understand not being offended by it, but preferring it is kinda surprising IMO.

It's actually not that uncommon. When I was trying to get my wife to play WoW with me she would always take all her armor off to look "sexy." She didn't end up staying with the game for very long. =P

No shit X-Rays are supposed to do big damage. But most characters require more than two hits and an X-Ray to do half your opponent's health.

And yes, it is stupid. I understand it's how damage scaling works, and how damage scaling works is stupid. If I punch you three times, it should hurt more than if I punch you two times. I thought it was stupid in MK9, I thought it was stupid in Injustice, and I think it's stupid in MKX. They need to find a better way to do damage scaling.

Everyone can do like 40% from two hits into an X-Ray. So since Torr has a second person on his back helping it makes sense it'd do 10% more.

Louis010

Banned
Just finished story mode. It was pretty good.

Though
I feel like, for a game called Mortal Kombat, surprisingly few characters died. Especially compared to MK9, where they killed off half the damn cast in 30 seconds. I was expecting at least one of the four kids to bite it, and at least one of the Cages.

After the backlash from mk9 with sidel wiping half the cast they were never going to do that again. I'm glad to be honest, the story was much more tasteful and mature this time around, unlike feeling it was written by a violent 13 year old

Shouta

Doesn't seem X-Rays will be as useful once you learn decent damage combos for 1 bar. But that's kind of standard for most games. You're better off using Meter Burn/EX for combos unless you absolutely need to kill in one combo and squeezing that last bit out is important.

Trickster

Just had my first online match. You'd think my opponent would have been the opposite player, but no, the insane lag was. Definitely hope that isn't standard, because if it is, then the netcode for MKX is even worse than the broken SF4 netcode.

Krejlooc

Banned
Doesn't seem X-Rays will be as useful once you learn decent damage combos for 1 bar. But that's kind of standard for most games. You're better off using Meter Burn/EX for combos unless you absolutely need to kill in one combo and squeezing that last bit out is important.

EX moves are absolutely more important than X-Ray moves, especially since some of them pop you up. You can combo into an EX special and then juggle aftwards for a long string. but, as someone pointed out, past a point, you actually might want to start watching your number of hits.

Dr. Buni

I don't prefer revealing costumes personally, but I am only really bothered by them when those are exclusive to the female characters. If both male and female characters have skimpy outfits, its alright.

Nuszka

Rip just finished his stream and from his experience he thinks that online on XOne is superior to PS4. Need to buy xone now :(

exYle

His default one with the spinning sword. The fact that it slows down to show you the instant of death is pretty harsh. It's particularly cruel when you fight Sonya or Jacqui and the pre fight banter is all "lets spar , buddy". Haha

That one is my favourite! It's so creative. And it's easy to perform thank god

In this game X-Ray's are better than the X-Rays in MK9 and Injustice because the start up moves that lead into the cinematic are generally better moves. In the past two NRS games the only thing going for them was the unbreakable damage. I mean for example, with Kitana in MKX her X-Ray is a super fast 8 frame overhead. It's legitimately useful as a move.

Mesoian

I don't prefer revealing costumes personally, but I am only really bothered by them when those are exclusive to the female characters. If both male and female characters have skimpy outfits, its alright.

There's a balance that needs to be maintained. Most games don't even bother. MK10 does though.

Bleepey

It's actually not that uncommon. When I was trying to get my wife to play WoW with me she would always take all her armor off to look "sexy." She didn't end up staying with the game for very long. =P

The more you know.I get the feeling this might be a topic for another thread.

ZangBa

I must be somewhere in the 60's now in total matches and still only 2 of them were laggy, It's been great for me personally, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Dubz

I had to quit because too much lag from Cali to Texas....I hope they patch this net code. Fun games, but lag was a downer.

I had to quit because too much lag from Cali to Texas....I hope they patch this net code. Fun games, but lag was a downer.

Yeah, I can completely understand. It was pretty fun, at least I learned a bit from this.

I was really disappointed when I messed up my brutality with Scorpion. Lol

Dubz

Searching for Ranked is taking forever. Why can't current gen games get the basics down. I love the core gameplay, but I'm disappointed with the execution of core tenants like net code and matchmaking.

Top Bottom