• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

ZangBa

My own personal Kombat Pack would appeal to no one but me, and I'd be the sole person to buy it. Yes, I actually want to play as these characters, Meat was godlike in Armageddon.

1. Havik
2. Meat
3. Hsu Hao
4. Stryker

EulaCapra

I think Tanya's alternate costume can be seen in Goro's ending.

She has a ponytail and is somehow wearing less than Kitana's MK9 outfit.

def sim

It seems like the input lag is overbearing if the person I'm playing with isn't in my state or one adjacent to it. I probably won't keep playing this online. :/

Ok, just got this from Gamefly, I have a question. Sorry if this has been asked.

Is Krypt currency that hard to obtain? Should I do the unpatching thing or is it not a big deal, easy to obtain and unlock?

Thanks.

Ok, just got this from Gamefly, I have a question. Sorry if this has been asked.

Is Krypt currency that hard to obtain? Should I do the unpatching thing or is it not a big deal, easy to obtain and unlock?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that was proven false in the other threads, you earn koins fine. Getting close to the end of the story but I've already cleared about two rooms and I have about 10k left over.

Teknoman

I remember seeing mine. I was lucky and saw it while waiting to play the game for the first time. Huge crowd around the cabinet, and this dude pulled out someone's heart with Kano. The place went nuts.

It was so fucking cool. Keep in mind the time period.

I remember showing my sister Sub-Zero's spine rip not that long after, and she actually let out a gasp.

Mine was Scorpion's mask rip. That was pretty scary as a little little kid.

Heh yeah mine was Sub-Zero's.

Good games pebbles. I had issues with Takeda's range. Couldn't really get in with commando Kano. I need to work on punishing jumps too.

Yeah GGs. Im having trouble figuring out how to handle getting pressured in the corner with Takeda, only reversal option I can think of in Shirai Ryu is EX flurry. His close range normals aren't working for me right now.

synce

I have a 3.2ghz quad i7 and 1.5gb of gddr5, how is that not enough to get 60fps at sub-720p resolution in this game? It can run on a PS3!!

TheIconizer

Neo Member
I really liked Smoke in the last one. In this one Johnny Cage seems to be a really good fighter to use for me.

I'm at Chapter 4 I think. I really like the story so far. Then again recent Netherrealm games have a decent story for a fighting game.

Little disappointed with how short the story mode was, especially since I remember Mk9's being so much longer. Also felt the ending was a bit underwhelming. Maybe it's just because I think Shinnok is a boring enemy.

Played a bunch of King of the Hill last night, which was a blast, had what seemed like no lag or input issues. On Xbox One.

catspit

How is the matchmaking on the ps4 for a newbie?? Would I get matched with people on win streaks constantly... Or people near my skill level? Aka horrible

zeemumu

Right now my characters are Brawler Cassie Cage, Gunslinger Erron Black, and Assassin Kitana.

Gunslinger feels like it's cheap at times so I try to limit the spam of the standoff move.

I had a match earlier where Raiden was in his default costume, but he seemed to be wearing the "Tron" Raiden hat... Playing on Xbox One version.

Dr. Buni

I want Hsu Hao, because why not (I know he is kill in the comics, but this is immortal kombat after all)
His dialog with Kung Lao makes it seem that way too.
Indeed. There are many things pointing that way, wish NRS would make him the villain in a game. Maybe in MK11 :)

Shackzam

My wish list would be:
-My boy Styker because he's dabes
-Kabal to complete the police brutality
-Bo Rai Cho
-Noob Saibot
-Who ever that one chick was in the Jax's chapter who had a black and red color palette.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I've betrayed White Lotus and have joined the Lin Kuei (After every other faction for the trophy of course)

Fmal

Banned
Has anybody came up with some good midscreen combos for Jacqui Briggs. I've been practicing with her and I'm not too good/creative enough to come up with some good damaging combos for midscreen. My combos I got so far are still really basic.

A quick 17% damage combo
http://plays.tv/video/552ee746d750fb363c
20% damage
http://plays.tv/video/552ee70b24c79370e7

30% corner combo
http://plays.tv/video/552ee6b32900c7b0ed

Her mid screen damage output is kind of crappy, but all of her best strings are +0 on block and she's fast as hell to make up for it.

Her 1-2-1-2 string is really good because it's +0 and takes a long ass time to input so you can kind of confirm into different enders based on if they block it or not almost like you're playing SF. Her B3,3 and B1,4 strings are good too because they can be canceled into specials, and they both hit low at different times. B1,4 has a bit of range on it so you can whiff punish nice and easy with it too. Combine these with her really good B2 overhead, and she has a decent mixup game going on.

I'm using whatever groove gives you the machine gun, and doing 1,2,1,2,EX Up Rocket,dash forward,1,1, rapid punch move as a 1-Meter BNB that does 30% at any point on the screen. There's probably a more optimized version, but this is easy for my sausage fingers so I'm sticking with it for now.

This combo thread on TYM has some good combos/punishes: http://testyourmight.com/threads/jacqui-bae-briggs-combo-science-thread.49683. The 41% corner combo is meterless but I find it a pain in the ass to hit the 3,3 after the first down rocket.

I've been playing her online and she's a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I feel like two of her grooves are kind of worthless. I'm not entirely sure what the point of the shotgun is (I haven't played around with it too much, though), and while the damage from the double electrical install is nice, I still end up getting more in combos just by using ex-uprocket to extend them. I hope I'm missing something obvious, but ex-uprocket seems to be the only combo extender in any of her three grooves.

I hated fighting Smoke and the Cyborgs, so they can stay far away. Kabal is welcome only if he gets a complete overhaul because he's the ugliest character ever made.

I miss Noob. He had like the coolest effects. Sindel would be cool too. Sindel could have killed everyone again.

I like that they didn't make Kotal evil, at least he hasn't been so far.

I was watching some of my replays when I got an error saying "Playback data does not agree". Anyone else get this? It happens in all the videos that were recorded.

Trickster

Man this game just gets super frustrating when you play online and is used to the SF school of fighters. Feel like everytime I take my finger off the block button I just get punched, kicked, blasted, stunned etc.

The bad netcode certainly doesn't help either

Has anyone gotten the WBID stuff to work on PC?

I logged in and got Future Raiden, but I still haven't unlocked Mime Ninja Johnny Cage. I've logged in and out of WBID on both my phone and PC several times to no avail.

Top Bottom