• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Reinstalled my game and deleted my save data (like 5 hours of play so whatever) and now I can't use Goro. Or even attempt to buy him via PSN. Not that I really care about using Goro but lol

molnizzle

Reinstalled my game and deleted my save data (like 5 hours of play so whatever) and now I can't use Goro. Or even attempt to buy him via PSN. Not that I really care about using Goro but lol

Gotta use PSN web store, download list, "download to my PS4." That's what I had to do and I pre-ordered on PSN.

FaintDeftone

Are Goro codes packaged in 1st shipments or is it an actual code the store had to give you for preordering? Also, can Goro be purchased? I didn't preorder and I'm thinking about picking it up and didn't know if I missed out on Goro or not.

Trickster

Ok seriously fuck this. Pc netcode for this game is fucking trash. random drops everywhere, ridiculous and unplayable delay in a large number of the matches. How the fuck did this get greenlit for release?

Nuke Soda

Are Goro codes packaged in 1st shipments or is it an actual code the store had to give you for preordering? Also, can Goro be purchased? I didn't preorder and I'm thinking about picking it up and didn't know if I missed out on Goro or not.

I got the code on my receipt. All that came in the box was a slip of paper telling me to buy the Kombat Pack, which I had the code for on the same receipt lol.

molnizzle

He was there to tell them not to fuck with Earthrealm because he's done taking everyones shit.

Who was, Liu Kang or Raiden? I don't remember LK being in the picture at all, I thought it was just Raiden at the end with a monologue.

Jaeger

They really need to add DLC outside of characters, i.e. extra story DLC. There's so much ground that can be covered. During the events of the story, and after.

sheeeeeit. I think I went to check my trophy list or something thinking it was just a monologue. Never even saw that.

So I don't think I understand that ending, it looked like Raiden had gone all Revanent, was that an alternate form of raiden or maybe raiden has gone evil and is working with the netherrealm now too?

Kinsei

Banned
So I don't think I understand that ending, it looked like Raiden had gone all Revanent, was that an alternate form of raiden or maybe raiden has gone evil and is working with the netherrealm now too?

It's the new design of Dark Raiden. I'd link you to an explanation of him, but links show up through spoiler bars. Go check the wiki for more info.

Sharpeye

It's dark Raiden like from the first timeline were he is a totalitarian. It seems the timeline is trying to correct itself like it was in the first place, Armageddon might still happen.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Is anyone using a ps3 fight pad for the ps4 ?

If so which brand and model.

looking for a non pdp option but I don't know what's compatible.
The hori import is nice but I want to know what other options I have.

ps4 controller is tearing my fingers up and I keep accidentally hitting the options button.

Kinsei

Banned
It's dark Raiden like from the first timeline were he is a totalitarian. It seems the timeline is trying to correct itself like it was in the first place, Armageddon might still happen.

I can't see Armageddon happening in this timeline unless A) the heroes stop killing the big bads for whatever reason, or B) they pull the clone Shao Kahn trick again. It's getting to the point where no one can stand up to Earthrealm.

Actually, I'm totally all for a MK game where the forces of Earthrealm are the villains.

I kinda wish they hadn't loaded up so much on the "new generation" characters. None of them are very interesting to me, they are on par with the characters introduced in Deadly Alliance and Deception. MK9 story mode spoiled me, it was just too good with the tried and true favorites lol.

I am having a lot of fun with this.

I'm really looking forward to going back home and getting back into the story. I started messing around with it last night, did a Arcade Tower with Cassie and then jumped into the story for a bit.

I looked up and it was 6AM, which is normally my bedtime. That three hours just flew by.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Ok seriously fuck this. Pc netcode for this game is fucking trash. random drops everywhere, ridiculous and unplayable delay in a large number of the matches. How the fuck did this get greenlit for release?

Same experience, super laggy and CTD happy. Online is totally unplayable on PC.

I can't see Armageddon happening in this timeline unless A) the heroes stop killing the big bads for whatever reason, or B) they pull the clone Shao Kahn trick again. It's getting to the point where no one can stand up to Earthrealm.

Actually, I'm totally all for a MK game where the forces of Earthrealm are the villains.

I love the irony in a ladder ending where
Kotal Khan invokes the right of Mortal Kombat to protect Outworld.

Dr. Buni

Any good strategies for Test your Might?

The daily tower has the titanium one and I can't do it.
I did it by mashing all face buttons with both hands and my teeth (lol) to hit the trigger in the right time. Even then it took me a few tries.
I kinda wish they hadn't loaded up so much on the "new generation" characters. None of them are very interesting to me, they are on par with the characters introduced in Deadly Alliance and Deception. MK9 story mode spoiled me, it was just too good with the tried and true favorites lol.
I'd take the new generation characters over Barakas and Jades personally.

A-V-B

Yeah, Jax is REALLY good. He and Sub-Zero impressed the hell outta me in Story Mode after I'd already discovered the awesomeness of Kung Jin.

Dartastic

Alright. Mortal Kombat. This is my first one in a long time. Is there a newcomer primer anywhere? Combo lists, etc? Also, it seems like playing on a pad may be better than a stick for this?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Switched to the xb1 pad instead of arcade stick, WAY easier to pull off combos for me. First fighting game I can remember where I actually preferred to play on pad heh.

MMaRsu

Anyone with a good upload speed who wants to do some 1v1 fights via shareplay? I'd love to try the game out..

PSN id = mmarsu

I'd appreciate it! :)

I still don't get why

Sub Zero was hostile to Johnny Cage in the opening and then later on in the 20 years later part they are best buddies again. How come they don't even bother to explain that?

Plus why the he'll were Scorpion and Sub Zero fighting together? One is the nemesis of the other.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got a retry penalty of 28 x -5,000 in the daily tower because those assholes put the final test your might thing in the middle of it and I was doing way worse than yesterday on it.

Top Bottom