• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

DryvBy

Got a retry penalty of 28 x 5,000 in the daily tower because those assholes put the final test your might thing in the middle of it and I was doing way worse than yesterday on it.

I hardly ever fail at test your might. How are you holding your fingers on the controller?

edit: Try pushing buttons like this and using your hand to press the L2 when needed. Can fly through these with ease this way.

fmGrFIr.jpg

Sharpeye

I still don't get why

Sub Zero was hostile to Johnny Cage in the opening and then later on in the 20 years later part they are best buddies again. How come they don't even bother to explain that?

Plus why the he'll were Scorpion and Sub Zero fighting together? One is the nemesis of the other.

1) Sub's is under Crunchy's control in the begginging but gets freed with Jax and scorpion later on.

2) Sub extends an olive branch to Scorps and they make amends and are bros now.

3) Finish the game

Received Mortal Kombat X today for the XBOX ONE but it did NOT come with Goro, as far as I can see..is there a way to get it, even though I pre ordered it(Ordered it from Dell since I had a gift card to use)

For some freaking reason this game suffers from serious overscan on my DLP TV. It's fine on my plasma, but on this set I can't see the health bars, and I can't change it through the options in the game nor my TV. It's fucking pissing me off; everything else displays just fine, except this game : |

Phloxy

For some freaking reason this game suffers from serious overscan on my DLP TV. It's fine on my plasma, but on this set I can't see the health bars, and I can't change it through the options in the game nor my TV. It's fucking pissing me off; everything else displays just fine, except this game : |

There is an option in gameplay settings called lower lifebars. Try that. Worked for me.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I hardly ever fail at test your might. How are you holding your fingers on the controller?

edit: Try pushing buttons like this and using your hand to press the L2 when needed. Can fly through these with ease this way.

I hold my thumb on O and Triangle and two fingers for X and Square, the final one is the only one I have any issue with. But if I don't get it quick I just do worse and worse, lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is there a easy solution to use a ps4 controller on pc yet? Would love to use mine for MKX but Im too lazy if it's overly complicated

I can't get the hang of running during combos anybody got any tips on how to perform those better. For instance, with Jacqui i'll launch them and then run but either I don't connect or I get her fwd 1 attack instead of regular jabs.

I still don't get why

Sub Zero was hostile to Johnny Cage in the opening and then later on in the 20 years later part they are best buddies again. How come they don't even bother to explain that?

Plus why the he'll were Scorpion and Sub Zero fighting together? One is the nemesis of the other.
Ummm the look should explain itself but
They were under Quan Chi's spell.

Skab

Yeah, my krypt is completely fucked.

The switch flipping puzzle is broken. Two of the switch are bugged out and wont let me interact with them. So I can't access, like, two thirds of the krypt. Cool.

Shouta

I don't understand Kung Lao's Fist of Fury string. I'm pressing it with all the timings now I but all i get is Square Square, lol

HiiiLife

I don't understand Kung Lao's Fist of Fury string. I'm pressing it with all the timings now I but all i get is Square Square, lol

I think that's the combo where you have to rapidly press the buttons?

He had a similar one in MK9.

Don't think it's worth it though because I have to hold the controller at an awkward angle (aka the same angle I hold it for test your might). Lol.

Really want to pick this game up digitally but $99AUD is absurd.

Is there a way to check online players per region? Would love to know whether this game will have any staying power online in Australia.

Can anybody give advice

Am I supposed to have these options in the controller settings on or off?

Release check means that tapping a button counts as two presses. Think of it this way. Pressing the button counts as an input and then releasing a button counts as an input. That means with Kitana if you do a front punch then quickly do the down forward motion the fan toss will come out because it's remembering you releasing the button from the punch. This is called negative edge and it's common in 2D fighting games. MK typically has a very large window for this and canceling special moves from normals is common so a lot of serious players like to turn it off. If you're getting special moves on accident while doing normal moves consider turning it off.

Alternate controls basically turns all special move inputs into Street Fighter style rolling motions. So instead of doing down, forward+front punch for Kitana's fan you have to actually roll from down, down/forward, forward+front punch. Turn this on if you don't like MK style tap inputs.

Input shortcuts turns off any leniency on inputs. For example, by default an input of down/forward counts as both down and forward. You can do Kitana's Fan Toss with down forward, to forward+front punch. Turning this off makes the commands more strict. A lot of players want this to prevent accidental inputs.

Shouta

I think that's the combo where you have to rapidly press the buttons?

He had a similar one in MK9.

Don't think it's worth it though because I have to hold the controller at an awkward angle (aka the same angle I hold it for test your might). Lol.

Oh god, you're right. It's kind of like a Hand-slaps for Honda in Street Fighter, gotta back fast on the inputs. -_-

DryvBy

I hold my thumb on O and Triangle and two fingers for X and Square, the final one is the only one I have any issue with. But if I don't get it quick I just do worse and worse, lol.

Try holding it the way I am and see if that works. Will take a couple of tries I bet, but you are basically tapping each finger rapidly and randomly. Like my left hand will cycle the index/middle rapidly while the right hand does the same. While I'm in the green, I try to just press my hand into the controller and there you have it.

Is there a easy solution to use a ps4 controller on pc yet? Would love to use mine for MKX but Im too lazy if it's overly complicated

Easiest way I've found that works really well is here: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-connect-a-ps4-controller-to-pc/

Haines

Banned
Release check means that tapping a button counts as two presses. Think of it this way. Pressing the button counts as an input and then releasing a button counts as an input. That means with Kitana if you do a front punch then quickly do the down forward motion the fan toss will come out because it's remembering you releasing the button from the punch. This is called negative edge and it's common in 2D fighting games. MK typically has a very large window for this and canceling special moves from normals is common so a lot of serious players like to turn it off. If you're getting special moves on accident while doing normal moves consider turning it off.

Alternate controls basically turns all special move inputs into Street Fighter style rolling motions. So instead of doing down, forward+front punch for Kitana's fan you have to actually roll from down, down/forward, forward+front punch. Turn this on if you don't like MK style tap inputs.

Input shortcuts turns off any leniency on inputs. For example, by default an input of down/forward counts as both down and forward. You can do Kitana's Fan Toss with down forward, to forward+front punch. Turning this off makes the commands more strict. A lot of players want this to prevent accidental inputs.

This helps so much. Thank you.

SUPARSTARX

I can't even change any control inputs on PC. My game crashes.

I'm stuck with all this b.s. negative edge and release check.

Is there an ini file or configuration I can edit somewhere?

This port is so bad.

So, I got test of might titanium. After about 20+ fails and me screaming cuss words thus getting my attacked by my german shepherds I decided to google tips for it. 1 tip told me to put a paper towel over the 4 buttons then mash them. I don't know how the fuck this worked but it did, my very first try with the paper towel over the 4 buttons and I won. o.o

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So online on the PC is completely fucked right? This isn't just me dropping out of every match I get pulled into randomly?

I CTD all the time, and when I don't the matches are too laggy to do basic *****s. The ping bars don't populate so it's hard to join someone close, I have just been joining the United Kingdom room and hoping for the best.

Edit: K ombos is censored? Dunno if that's a bug.

Top Bottom