• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

RM8

I can't even change any control inputs on PC. My game crashes.

I'm stuck with all this b.s. negative edge and release check.

Is there an ini file or configuration I can edit somewhere?

This port is so bad.
I never had this issue :0 I wonder why it seems to have these problems on some PCs but not others. Mine is a legit toaster, yet MKX has never crashed for me. They need to patch this thing soon before my new PC arrives :[

Not region locking the XB1 version is a horrible mistake. Online is unplayable as I keep getting put against people from the US and the netcode is piss poor. Really contemplating selling it and getting it on the PS4.

Anybody else having issues performing fatalities with up in them? I use to do the holding block trick, but it seems like I can't do that anymore. Especially having this issue with Kenshi's second fatality. In Fatality practice mode it works without even holding block. But it won't work with or without block in a real match. Anybody?

Having a lot of fun with this game and I haven't even gone online yet. I messed around with a few characters in practice, and so far, i'm liking Goro, Reptile, and Kung Jin. Goro is the main one i've spent a decent amount of time with. Going to try to make him my main.

Man, coming from Injustice that fact that this game plays slightly different with some controls is making it hard for me to adjust.

The MB timing is not the same so I often miss the MB which completely ruins some moves for me. That and my gut still tells me to hold back/down to block, lol.

I just need more time with the game, but damn is it annoying me.

Lingxor

Street Fighter player here, can someone explain the basic knockdown meta game to me? What are my options on wake up other than block?

Xevren

Man, coming from Injustice that fact that this game plays slightly different with some controls is making it hard for me to adjust.

The MB timing is not the same so I often miss the MB which completely ruins some moves for me. That and my gut still tells me to hold back/down to block, lol.

I just need more time with the game, but damn is it annoying me.

Yeah I kind of wish they used the mb timing for injustice in here, but i was used to mk9 so it wasn't too hard to adjust. Still...wishful thinking.

I think I have come to terms that I'm not good at Netherealm fighters although I'm somewhat decent with Green Arrow in Injustice. I hate the timing of the combo system. I'm not used to dial-up combos. I used to Tekken, VF, and DOA, even SF. I really don't like the feel of it. It doesn't flow to me. I guess I'm too used to Japanese fighters.

taco543

I think I have come to terms that I'm not good at Netherealm fighters although I'm somewhat decent with Green Arrow in Injustice. I hate the timing of the combo system. I'm not used to dial-up combos. I used to Tekken, VF, and DOA, even SF. I really don't like the feel of it. It doesn't flow to me. I guess I'm too used to Japanese fighters.

I know how you feel I'm still having a hard time getting used to holding a button to block rather than holding back lol

I CTD all the time, and when I don't the matches are too laggy to do basic *****s. The ping bars don't populate so it's hard to join someone close, I have just been joining the United Kingdom room and hoping for the best.

Edit: K ombos is censored? Dunno if that's a bug.

I haven't had any CTDs, just matches are about 50/50 if they even start and 50% of those are unplayably laggy

I know how you feel I'm still having a hard time getting used to holding a button to block rather than holding back lol

Yes, I hate having the block button on the right bumper. I mean I can deal with a block button because I love VF to death and DOA as well. Netherrealm fighters just aren't for me anymore. I'm going to stick to Japanese fighting games from now on.

I feel you on that as well man these running combos are kicking my ass right now. Luckily scorpion can still do some good damage without em but I would like to learn them just in case. On top of that on pc the controller config crashes so I can't take off negative edge/release check and change the inputs to alternate.

I feel you on that as well man these running combos are kicking my ass right now. Luckily scorpion can still do some good damage without em but I would like to learn them just in case. On top of that on pc the controller config crashes so I can't take off negative edge/release check and change the inputs to alternate.

I've just accepted I will probably never become good at NRS fighters because the combo timing is so different from everything else.

Just beat story mode, pretty fun time. I will say that I thought the chapters without the Kombat Kidz were more enjoyable than the ones with them. I think I preferred the MK9 approach, where you got to watch the events unfold from a bunch of different perspectives. Basically, revolving around a character or two (Raiden) is fine, but it doesn't really need protagonists. Only thing that I found abrupt was
Mileena's death. I'm going to go ahead and guess that she'll go revenant form next game. Otherwise that was a really shitty way to end a major MK character lol.

I haven't really touched story mode yet just been in single fights and practice mode. I tried to go through the story mode but almost fell asleep 5 mins in.

Man, Im wishing I could even just shareplay this, but I dont know if the game will be stable since most my pals are American and Im in Ontario

How are people finding it? Any opinions from newcomers/fighting game noobs?

Top Bottom