• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've had about 10 people match with me on Online, and every single one of them has had zero ping bars. This is ridiculous.

The game is in desperate need of a patch. The devs haven't updated us at all, I don't know how devs still don't understand how reassuring a simple tweet can be.

Kinsei

Banned
I've had about 10 people match with me on Online, and every single one of them has had zero ping bars. This is ridiculous.

What's funny is the ones with zero ping bars have been my smoothest matches so far. The ones with higher bars are pretty much unplayable for me.

What's funny is the ones with zero ping bars have been my smoothest matches so far. The ones with higher bars are pretty much unplayable for me.

I kept giving them shots, and one started off great (against a pretty good player, too), and then they either disconnected or sputtered until I sloppily won. I could put up with everything else, but this is really disappointing and may retroactively ruin everything good I've felt so far about MKX.

Was watching a stream of this guy spamming people with Goro charges and down stomp I'm surprised at how people don't bother to block he did in like 8 matches just repeating 2 moves lol..

ibvO2jQnDLn2K4.png

That monk was just chillin' like that in the air throughout most of the match.

Same here. This netcode is really bad. And no i am not raging i have over 90% win rate right now. But I am getting away doing basic things cause its day 2 and most people don't know how to block high low mixups.

Was watching a stream of this guy spamming people with Goro charges and down stomp I'm surprised at how people don't bother to block he did in like 8 matches just repeating 2 moves lol..

Some people gotta learn the hard way. Was playing against an Ermac earlier tonight and I could read his teleport every time after one round and punished and baited it accordingly, after a few matches he realized he had to try new tactics.

Arttemis

Played three online matches (and lost), all with a huge visible delay between my inputs and what happens on-screen. Just unplayable and totally unenjoyable.

Had some online matches on PC with a local friend. The games played pretty well, hardly any lag. Then a huge lag spike happened and the match ended.

So far, so good?

Just had a decent game; still laggy, but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose. Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow. BTW I'm using a wired connection.

you can't block that. usually you can dash away from it if you time it right. Or escape with fast moves like sub zeros slide. But against a good player that move is a 50-50 for you and for your opponent. Cause he can land in front of you or behind. But you guess right you can get a combo on him.

you can't block that. usually you can dash away from it if you time it right. Or escape with fast moves like sub zeros slide. But against a good player that move is a 50-50 for you and for your opponent. Cause he can land in front of you or behind. But you guess right you can get a combo on him.

The jump thing? It's unblockable.

Not that the charge where he goes berserk and goes on a punching flurry arms flailing and all xD

Mother of god the online system of this game is utter shit. I have to wait minutes for a fucking match.
Edit: Holy shit combined with awful lag. Fuck this.

Not that the charge where he goes berserk and goes on a punching flurry arms flailing and all xD

oh the punch walk thing? then that's easy just block it but not sure about punishing it. I am not sure about goro's data since i have never used him like that and i only faced one goro online.

LOL the twins have the hots for liu kang, you can definitely feel the sexual tension between him and Kitana.

Mileena on the other hand is basically shouting "why won't you notice me!

malfcn

I got a 3 meter combo to 46% with Takeda. The problem is getting in to do it.

b3, ex db1 ji ex db1 112 ex bf1 ji db1

Or something like that.

And I just found a variation that does 48.

mreddie

So I'm Kenshi fighting online with Lao, three rounds and just as I have the upper hand, connection gets spotty and Lao gets the upper hand, wins and faction kill.

I guess lag switching is still a thing in 2015.

Mesoian

LOL the twins have the hots for liu kang, you can definitely feel the sexual tension between him and Kitana.

Mileena on the other hand is basically shouting "why won't you notice me!

Jax's is weird too

Then Jax and the kids did some really mundane shit, and Jax died

It's like...what?

Surprisingly most of my online matches were pretty varied. I have not faced any kung lao or erron black yet. I faced Liu Kang and Kenshi the most.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Im starting to hate this more and more I play. Scorpion is fucking cheap and needs to be patched asap andt he inlput lag online is horrid. So many cheap scorpion players.

Im starting to hate this more and more I play. Scorpion is fucking cheap and needs to be patched asap andt he inlput lag online is horrid. So many cheap scorpion players.

Bro most just spam teleports. Who are you using? I found rushing teleport scorpions is the way to go. Mix up with low or overheads on their wakeup. Easy win. Most people i notice block low. Go for an overhead on wakeup works almost all the time. Atleast in the beginner level.

Yes fuck scorpion. A lot of spammers with him, and he is extremely hard to counter. I feel like Im missing a special move shortcut or something, since they spam the specials at unreal speed.

You on ps4? It's your connection if it's happening consistently. I've been playing online a lot (just got done a string of like 10), and I've never noticed any lag at all. I might as well be playing offline.

This is what happens when developers have a bias towards a character.

errr not true. MK9's scorpion was midtier at best while subzero was top tier/high tier for awhile.

Scorpion in Injustice was only top tier (for a very short period of time) because he is an MK character in a game that has "hold back to block".

TEH-CJ

Banned
Bro most just spam teleports. Who are you using? I found rushing teleport scorpions is the way to go. Mix up with low or overheads on their wakeup. Easy win. Most people i notice block low. Go for an overhead on wakeup works almost all the time. Atleast in the beginner level.

I am using Subzero. I will take your advice man and see how I go with the next scorpion player. Constantly spam teleports is frustrating as hell and it ruins my flow >_>

What part of Scorpion are you guys having trouble with? A lot of his stuff gives you an advantage when blocked.
It depends. With Kano that is good at long range, staying close to fight is a big disadvante against him, even if I time my attack correctly. I must add this only happens when fighting someone that knows how to us Scorpio. If a newb uses him, is an easy win.

Top Bottom