• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This game has really made me want a PS4, I love my PC and it shits on any console as far as performance and graphics go but ports like this just never run right. I see people playing online on Twitch having a blast and I'm here crashing and finding laggy match after laggy match. Lets hope for a good Christmas sale this year, it's time to jump in....

I am using Subzero. I will take your advice man and see how I go with the next scorpion player. Constantly spam teleports is frustrating as hell and it ruins my flow >_>

cool thats who i use too. I mostly run grandmaster variation. Once you get a knockdown test him with a <-- 3,3 or a ---> 3,3. If he blocks you are safe. Or you can throw a <--2 on his wakeup, if you land you can follow with a --> 4 , 3, 1+2 if you are cryomancer for a lot of damage. If not you can do a slide after the bounce from <-- 2. If you play Cryomancer ex hammer is a fast and great tool. EX hammer causes pop up and you can juggle after that. Also remember sub-zeros slide is one of the fastest move in the game and goes under most projectiles. quick tip EX slide have armor too. It's a nice punishing tool.

Wallach

You can't kill the invasion boss, you just need to do as much damage as possible. After getting some initial damage in the armor will break so you can stagger her like normal. Kotal's probably pretty good for it actually since he does so much per hit, just try to punish unsafe stuff at the start until the armor breaks.

Manu

Aaand now I just got invaded by an "Assassin" from Outworld. A random Ermac battle with modifiers.

This whole invasion thing is really cool.

Shouta

Tried online got beat up then played against the AI and man oh man, what a difference, lol. I can't tell what's supposed to be a good connection based off their system either. =/ What's supposed to be the best connection? I saw like 2 black ones and a yellow one is all.

Krejlooc

Banned
Invasion boss is stupid easy against sub zero. Use unbreakable style then just spam the ice shield. Eats up lots of time and leaves her open to hefty uppercuts.

Smarty86

This is my first Mortal Kombat game. The first impressions were pretty bad yesterday. Started the game. Game crashed three times at the Factions Intro. Then started story mode. Videos were really jaggy. But the story itself seems to be pretty neat.
Then during a tower fight i was challenged by a faction member. Game started and everything seemed to be okay, but suddenly the game froze and disconnected. I think i gonna stick to Story mode for now and wait till next patch or try online again when online mode is stable.

Loakum

Banned
....amazon still haven't shipped my copy of Mortal Kombat X, that I pre ordered way back in February. *sigh* I wanna beat folks up neow!

Fmal

Banned
Whats the best button layout for an arcade stick on this game

There isn't really a universally good one. The most important thing is easy access to your block button. Remember that to EX in this game, you need to hit block+button, so if you have block on fierce or roundhouse (which I see a lot of people do), you're going to have to hit fierce+short sometimes which is a major pain in the ass if you have big shitty sausage fingers like me.

If I ever go back to stick, I'll probably do something like:

1, 2, Interactable
3, BLOCK, 4

drotahorror

How do I start the invasion Boss? I don't see an invasion tower.

Nvm, had to go to the faction page. For my buddy his is all red'd out. He can't do them.

Trickster

Got a couple of questions regarding how to deal with different things in combat

1. Currently I feel like most people I fight are telepaths and know exactly when I let go of my block button, and then begin hitting me before I can do anything. Is there some simple tips to not get hit so often before I can get a hit off myself?

2. Is there anything similar to teching grabs from SF4 in this? I am having a lot of trouble with getting grabbed when I block.

3. How do I deal with projectiles? They just seem ridiculously hard to do anything against other than block. Jumping over is possible, but the timing is so much tighter than in any previous fighter I've tried. And I remember fighting someone that had a character than threw 2 projectiles at a time, where the second one would always hit me out of the air.

drotahorror

Online shit is buggy in this game. Sometimes it won't load living towers. Sometimes it takes forever to load your stats, etc. This gen is the gen of connection issues.

Top Bottom