• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Managed to survive the full 30 seconds against the Invasion boss just once. I call that an accomplishment lol. Invasion tower was pretty cool too. Some pretty interesting modifiers in there. Also tried out the Black Dragon faction kills and I got a kick out of them. Now I just need to pull off my first Brutality

edit: Kinda wish there was a Brutality practice section like the one for Fatalities

Dzab

Appreciate it.

It's a damn shame cause my Kung Lao was pretty decent in MK9 but I'm just drawing a blank on how to come up with combos in this game

No prob. I'm in the same boat, same situation with Ermac too.

I find Kung Lao has more options, dive kicks are a good way to move a bit closer after knockdowns, moves come out faster... yet I'm still struggling to come up with decent combos. That one is practical, though an uppercut does just as much damage as an ender lol.

So I grabbed the KE and the Digital version of this both on Xbox One.

Just had to go through hell with Amazon because the KE was advertised as having the Kombat Pack in on Amazon.co.uk and then they pulled it from all the UK KE's and didn't tell anyone,

Managed a £37 refund in the end which gets me the Kombat Pack from Xbox and a Pizza So all is well in the end.

Next step is trying the skins because many are saying they don't work.

Dr. Buni

That Ferra/Torr arcade ending.
I had no idea they were both of the same species. Crazy how she became as huge as Torr. Also, poor Torr died :(

NEO0MJ

So, anyone else having trouble with some inputs? For some reason certain moves like Mileena's Roll don't come out for me. I hope this isn't because of the stupid install.

Edit: Silly me, I read the directional inputs backwards.

Does any faction other than Line Kuei ever stand a chance in these things? Seems pointless everyone might aswell just go Lin Kuei and not look back.

Wallach

Apparently I'm team Evildudes. Definitely having the most fun with Shinnok and Kotal Kahn. Quan Chi is pretty cool in his Warlock variant too, but I wasn't really feeling either of his other two. Shinnok is pretty fun in all three variants, but I like the Imposter one just for the cheeky air teleport and move steal. That shit just feels like classic cheap stuff, I love it.

Miles X

They should've so there would be another faction with a chance. They should change the way it works. Base it off average points or something instead of total. I don't see any other faction ever winning.

Cheevo hunters will mix it up a little, and those that want the rewards from every faction.

I've gone Lin Kuei but that's because out of all 5 it suits me best.

LegoArmo

If I'm reading a combo and it says 'jc' what does this mean?

All I can think is jump cancel, in which case, what the fuck is that?

drotahorror

Wish the game was a bit more informative about what it unlocked.

I unlocked what looked to be an icon for my kombat card or w/e it's called. It was just called "Emoticon" and had a little face sort of like a Kutie.

Never could find it.

I also unlocked something that looked like Scorpion's outfit but in the shape of a border for the card, never could find it.

Denzar

Gotta say, don't think the character variations are not that great of a feature ATM.

A lot of them seem really useless and they serve to lock you out of certain special moves. I find it an arbitrary decision to include the different styles.

I would have preferred it if they put more effort into something else. Not that the game is lacking in content or anything.

Kinsei

Banned
Wish the game was a bit more informative about what it unlocked.

I unlocked what looked to be an icon for my kombat card or w/e it's called. It was just called "Emoticon" and had a little face sort of like a Kutie.

Never could find it.

I also unlocked something that looked like Scorpion's outfit but in the shape of a border for the card, never could find it.

Emoticons are emoticons for King of the Hill.

No clue what that second thing was.

Nyx

Gotta say, don't think the character variations are not that great of a feature ATM.

A lot of them seem really useless and they serve to lock you out of certain special moves. I find it an arbitrary decision to include the different styles.

I would have preferred it if they put more effort into something else. Not that the game is lacking in content or anything.

Really? I think it's a great decision!

There's so many interesting characters/variations now that I can't even decide on who I want to main, and that is a good thing if you ask me.

I'm loving it. It brings something fresh to the competitive scene and I'm excited to see who plays what at evo.

Marvel

could never
Bad quality as I took it from Sharefactory.
6iKuQaL.jpg

TEH-CJ

Banned
Something just feels off with my 2 PS4 controllers, combos will not connect right...Almost like a laggy feel. Anyone else having this issue or am I rusty as fuck?

Man BIG TIME! Its driving me crazy! anyone know what it could be? its like im playing in jelly. The input lag is really bad even in offline mode. To do modifiers and link combos together is near impossible.

I have my tv in game mode and it has around 40ms of input lag. Is that whats causing it?

Nyx

Man BIG TIME! Its driving me crazy! anyone know what it could be? its like im playing in jelly. The input lag is really bad even in offline mode. To do modifiers and link combos together is near impossible.

It should be in the OP by now but:

Go to your controller settings, turn off ''release check'', win.

I'm 99.9% sure you will thank me later.

mdsfx

Who got up at 4:40am today to play 30 minutes of MKX before heading out the door? THIS GUY.

Love this game.

I've never been so inclined to just play a fighter for hours on end before. I'm trying to complete the traditional tower on Medium difficulty with everyone to get a feel for the fighters. The only one I don't feel at all so far is Kung Lao.

Also, I don't get the love for D'vorah. But that's just me.

TEH-CJ

Banned
It should be in the OP by now but:

Go to your controller settings, turn off ''release check'', win.

I'm 99.9% sure you will thank me later.

Thanks man I will try it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPD8dytka08

this is a combo vid I found on youtube. Do you see how he links together special movies between the combos? I am pressing the buttons as fast as I can and It never works.

It only works when I do it with lighting quick...and I mean so quick flash would be impressed. Am I doing something wrong? I like to think I am pretty skilled at fighting games but this is ridiculous! and I am tearing my thumbs apart.

I went online last night with Johnny Cage. I won all my matches against, as someone pointed above me, scrubby Scorpions. I didn't feel good about my wins, though. Johnny Cage's reach is way too short for my liking. I could barely get in a single combo, because I was outpoked every time I try. Now onto my quest of finding a character with a longer reach. Who could that be, MKXGaf?

Top Bottom