• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Moff

I got invaded during a normal tower and the picture showed just the shadow of a figure, I almost lost my mind and thought it was noob saibot, but it was just ermac :(
are there any secrets in this game?

edit: above poster, one of the easiest brutalities in the whole game, and since I main kung lao, I do it a lot online, very fun

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Good luck to the guy that tries out every combination and charts it.
The MK scene is crazy dedicated. They'll probably have a decent tier list within a couple weeks.

Can't wait to see the first major to have this game. Early tournament play is always fun to watch.

DasRaven

Every single person I've played online is using scorpion. I mean... I knew he was popular but good god man.

Scorpion is both popular in the franchise and particularly good in MKX.
He's also pretty noob/flowchart friendly with his basic combos.

My day 1 was basically me(Jaqui) vs KOTH rooms full of Scorpions.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Has this been posted? http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=157095

I have extracted this from the decrypted coalesced ini.
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=GOROCHARACTER000,mAppId=347890)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=JASONCHARACTER00,mAppId=347150)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=PREDCHARACTER000,mAppId=351550)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=TANYACHARACTER00,mAppId=351551)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=TREMORCHARACTER0,mAppId=351552)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=COARSESCORPION00,mAppId=347152)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=KOLLECTIVESCORP0,mAppId=347153)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=BLUESTEELSUBZERO,mAppId=347155)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=BRAZILSKINS00000,mAppId=351553)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=KOLDWARSKINS0000,mAppId=351555)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=FEUDALJAPANSKIN0,mAppId=351556)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=HORRORSKINS00000,mAppId=354425)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=KLASSICSKINS1000,mAppId=351554)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=KLASSICSKINS2000,mAppId=354426)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=PREYSKINS0000000,mAppId=354427)
  • DLCDepot=(mKey=UNLOCKKRYPTCONT0,mAppId=347154)

Brazil and Kold War Skins pack?(notice how there's a Kollective Scorp there,so it's not Kold war scorpion)

There are some characters like Sonya(about 5 skins total) who have more skins than what were officially announced. It's obvious there's gonna be future DLC.

Reptile and Ermac have 4 skins listed in the coalesced,officially only 3 were announced.

Scorpion has 9 skins,as opposed to the 7 officially announced ones.

Sub-Zero has 5.

There's at least 2 skin packs that haven't been announced,given the high possibility of future DLC.

It wouldn't be surprising if these characters will get extra skins along with(Presumably) extra returning characters. The presence of these packs hints that at least 2 more can make it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, err, what's the deal with characters like Rain, Tanya, and Baraka essentially being in the game as likely almost fully functioning characters yet not selectable? I get that Rain and Baraka probably don't have three variants plus fatalities made, but it's pretty frustrating in fight games when the opponents still seem fleshed out and functional enough to be playable. Rain and Baraka were doing all kinds of shit.

k1t4j

Super happy right now, not only did I get MKX for free after trading in some games, the girl at the counter also switched the normal copy i grabbed from the shelf for one with a Goro code inside and at the end gave me an extra code for a cold war scorpion skin!!

Now to get my ass handed to me

Kinsei

Banned
So, err, what's the deal with characters like Rain, Tanya, and Baraka essentially being in the game as likely almost fully functioning characters yet not selectable? I get that Rain and Baraka probably don't have three variants plus fatalities made, but it's pretty frustrating in fight games when the opponents still seem fleshed out and functional enough to be playable. Rain and Baraka were doing all kinds of shit.

Rain and Baraka are just using their MK9 moves. Tanya was some weird combo of Kitana and Scorpion that appeared to have no unique moves of her own. Tanya even used Kitana's stance.

Manu

Their movesets are ripped straight from MK9.

Sephzilla

I'm pretty sure Rain and Baraka were just their MK9 versions.

Denzar

Maybe they are fleshing them out for some DLC? Would not surpise me.

Sephzilla

I'm just assuming
Rain
Sindel
, and
Baraka
are all going to be DLC characters at some point. But I don't think them being in the story mode is an "on disc DLC" indicator since their story mode move sets look like they were ripped from the last game and don't have the "3 variants" to them.

Trey

1. Eventhubs tier lists are notoriously inaccurate

2. Tier lists 2 days after the game is out will be hilariously wrong

Not so much wrong, as it will accurately reflect the flavor of the minute nature of the current meta. More so premature. I'd say give it a tournament or two before a solid outline settles.

Lord Phol

Man I really need to start the Story mode before the whole thing is spoiled for me >>. All ready spoiled the final boss by playing a klassik tower x.x.

abracadaver

The story mode is pretty awesome. A lot better than in MK9. Played the first 3 chapters yesterday.

Also I think the game looks very good and a lot better than MK9.

Uraizen

Banned
Why did they not put Kratos back in? It's not as easy as copy and pasting from the last game, I assume?

Honestly? Waste of resources and probably had some sort of deal before. I don't know why that stopped them from making a new character that played like him with one variation, though.

Been a fan of MK since my brother rushed home from the theater telling tales of playing a game where an ice ninja ripped out the spine of the opposing opponent, while my mom looked on in horror.

Loving this game. I've been working through story and I got the urge to want to try to finally learn how to play on a stick, since I felt the controller was a little wonky to me. Started hitting eBay to find the MK tournament ones for MK9, then looked around my living room, catching my eye on the Injustice Battle Edition for PS3 I had. Finally hit me that the stick works on PS4. Plugged it in and started my stick training.

Just trying to find a good button placement where I can hit block comfortably. Currently I have it set to:

1 2 Blk
3 4 Stance

This leaves block to my ring finger, which works, but I feel I can find a better solution.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
There are people on this who are even worse than the people I played in MK9. Got a double flawless online last night using Jacqui's machine gun. The other player failed to notice that just blocking and crouching in the corner will not stop chip damage. >_>

RM8

I won't play this game anymore to be honest.

Until my Alienware Alpha arrives! There are already videos of people playing it on the Alpha and it runs great at max settings even on the i3 model (I bought the i7). My toaster has served me well, but at times this game runs at a very, very cinematic 15fps :p And that's way too cinematic for me, I fear. Ugh, the wait is even worse because I've already played it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Man I wish the chess game came back I loved playing that

Just trying to find a good button placement where I can hit block comfortably. Currently I have it set to:

1 2 Blk
3 4 Stance

This leaves block to my ring finger, which works, but I feel I can find a better solution.
I've switched to my DS4. I can't get a button placement that works for me on my arcade stick.

How do you do stage interactions with that placement? X-Rays?

I find reaching for block when using super special moves really is a pain on 1 and 3.

Any early impressions on what characters are potentially OP'd?

From the streams I've been watching it seems like Ermac and Quan Chi have some ridiculous advantages in the right hands.

Trickster

Do you get anything for surviving 30 "seconds" against invasion boss mileena? Because if not I am fucking outta there, that's some next-level bullshit

Top Bottom