• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

OSHAN

Any word on a guide for this game? It's a pain for me to look shit up online all the time for brutality requirements and fatality inputs and all that shit. I just checked Amazon and saw nothing at all for a guide, which is unusual for a fighting game. What's the deal?

Kinsei

Banned
Any word on a guide for this game? It's a pain for me to look shit up online all the time for brutality requirements and fatality inputs and all that shit. I just checked Amazon and saw nothing at all for a guide, which is unusual for a fighting game. What's the deal?

You can just pause the game. There's a list of fatalities and brutalities in the moves list. Practice them in single player and they'lll become second nature in multiplayer.

Damage scaling in this game is brutal. Been working on Quan Chi and Kotal combo's and I've got some swag shit going on that I'm having to nerf because the output is weaker.

OSHAN

You can just pause the game. There's a list of fatalities and brutalities in the moves list. Practice them in single player and they'lll become second nature in multiplayer.

I'm 100% aware of that, but thank you. Just curious about the guide.

Nyx

Thanks man I will try it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPD8dytka08

this is a combo vid I found on youtube. Do you see how he links together special movies between the combos? I am pressing the buttons as fast as I can and It never works.

It only works when I do it with lighting quick...and I mean so quick flash would be impressed. Am I doing something wrong? I like to think I am pretty skilled at fighting games but this is ridiculous! and I am tearing my thumbs apart.

No, it really is that release check setting probably.
Because when it's on, a special move starts after you have released the button, not when you pressed it.

Denzar

Really? I think it's a great decision!

There's so many interesting characters/variations now that I can't even decide on who I want to main, and that is a good thing if you ask me.

To me, that's a bad thing. The game loses it's focus and makes it harder for the player to decide who and what to pick. It makes it more difficult to get into a certain character.

It's an articifial way of creating an illusion of depth IMO. It adds variety but nothing to the gampelay itself. It does not make it deeper or better to me.

I'm loving it. It brings something fresh to the competitive scene and I'm excited to see who plays what at evo.

See, I'm just a dude that invites his friends over for some couch potato brawls. Stuff like that does not matter to me. The EVO/Competitive crowd is probably a real small segment of the people that buy MK.

Enjoying it, though. Just not as much as I had hoped :/

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I wish I could open the controller options without crashing to desktop. I can't turn off release check :/

Now that I'm actually able to play the game without constant crashes, I'm having fun. I like D'Vorah so much that I haven't played a single match with anyone else. Seeing Floe play her in the Giant Bomb quick look caught my attention, and thankfully her play style is really clicking with me. Serious potential to be in my top 5 favorite FG characters. Seeing her potential makes me want to invest time time to level up my game.

Shitty port, great game.

Algebrah

This is my first MK and I gotta say that Subzero is what I think, the perfect fighting game character for me. All of his combos just feel right. He's also really fucking cool and his story mode section was badass as hell.

PC players, I've been playing some online and would say 70‰ of my matches have been flawless while the other matches have been laggy or disconnected. Anyone experiencing the same or different?

Dr. Buni

I can't play online (PC). The game stays on "Finding an opponent", then sometimes it goes to "Finding match" and then goes back to "Finding an opponent again" and that is it. :/

I got an alert that my DS4 battery was low, so I plugged it into a wall adapter and instantly lost control of inputs for my character. I tried unplugging it, then turning on my second controller, nothing. Had to turn the PS4 off because the home button didn't work either. Is this a PS4 thing or an MKX thing?

I got an alert that my DS4 battery was low, so I plugged it into a wall adapter and instantly lost control of inputs for my character. I tried unplugging it, then turning on my second controller, nothing. Had to turn the PS4 off because the home button didn't work either. Is this a PS4 thing or an MKX thing?
Neither happens for me.

Spacebar

I'm really liking Kung Jin Shaolin style. That dive kick is nasty and I like zoning people out with the arrows and disc blade. Tried online last night and didn't have any major issues. Surprisingly went 5-0 with Kung Jin before I had to head off to bed.

zogged

How's the online been for people? It's pretty much impossible for me to connect to a match, even when playing with other people in australia

Kinsei

Banned
How's the online been for people? It's pretty much impossible for me to connect to a match, even when playing with other people in australia

Hit or miss. I've had a few matches that were like playing offline, a few that were damn near unplayable, and the majority has had slight input lag.

k1t4j

Wish me luck guys, I am utter crap at fighting games but this game looks too awsome to pass up.

I have also been reading the comics so.... HYPE

LUXURY

I started this download last night at 8. Wasn't done at 2 AM. There is something seriously wrong with how downloading and updating works. No way, no how EVER should it take that long to download 34 GB. I do it on my PC in a little under 2 hours. I'm really annoyed with the whole thing.

Kinsei

Banned
I love playing king of the hill. It is really nice to watch other matches and be able to step away if you are not up for a while.

It's fun, but it seems like barely anyone plays it. It always takes me a long time to find a room. We need to set up GAF king of the hill nights.

Septic360

Banned
Really disappointed with the netcode on this. Its the same old thing with MK9 with combos being almost useless (the more intricate ones anyway) because of the delay in inputs etc.

Also, going online yesterday I remember how people absolutely love 'turtling' with block in a corner.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Ohh whats this Invansion stuff? Am I gonna get my ass handed to me?

New page, lets have a turbo gif with a brutality.

Mu4MJNa.gif

Top Bottom