• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Nuszka

So looks like some of those placeholder characters in story like Rain are already accessible with some file swapping on PC , even with 3 variations. Sucks a bit. Will not spend an extra penny until they fix the online region lock on ps4.

Ninhead

): Tried everything guess I'll give up for now maybe there is something up with the WB Play servers

I had to log in and out of the WB login on the console a few times before it unlocked. Also, make sure you've claimed all your gifts (or whatever they're called) on the mobile app.

I had to log in and out of the WB login on the console a few times before it unlocked. Also, make sure you've claimed all your gifts (or whatever they're called) on the mobile app.

Will give that a shot then Edit LOL kept doing it the game crashed its a sign

Why did they not put Kratos back in? It's not as easy as copy and pasting from the last game, I assume?
Nope. Update the character model, new fatalities, 5 Brutalities, 3 variations, about 3 unique conversations with every character in the game for the prefight shit talk, and that's the minimum. Wouldn't be worth it since he's tourney banned regardless and that would be so much work.
Isn't Tanya supposed to be part of the upcoming DLC? I'd be really disappointed if it ends up being the version found in the story mode.
There should be a PSA on this. That is just a shell of her, a placeholder. Her stance and animations are ripped from other characters, she has no variants, fatalities, etc.

Cider X

Xbox One online impressions from European player:

-The ping indicator rarely works.

-I'm getting matched with players from the US far too frequently and these matches are poor, like playing underwater. Just like MK9, except this sometimes feels even worse as commands sometimes don't register at all.

-matches against local people are very good

-The hate/rage mail is real. I'm currently 33/19 with Kitana and my execution is terrible with the little clicky Xbone d-pad, but I do have half a brain and know how to zone and when to attack - this apparently is totally unacceptable to some players and the salty messages are coming at a steady pace :)

Its stupid i wasted time on the app got 3 characters to level 20 -_-

I put a ticket into WB's support today. I imagine it's just a server hiccup given that it's so widespread.

Also, am I correct that there is currently no way to get the Gold and Kold War Scorpion skins on PC? As far as I can tell, the limited edition versions they were packed in with were console only.

In other news, Blue Steel Sub-Zero showed up for purchase on Steam today.

Ferrio

Banned
So anyone know why you'd pick the Jade variant of Kitana over her assassination one? I don't see the point of those staff moves, they both seem just like combo enders and the glaive seems worse than the default fans.

A-V-B

Did anyone else find
Sareena
to be cool? She seemed like a really interesting character, and I wish I could've seen more.

I put a ticket into WB's support today. I imagine it's just a server hiccup given that it's so widespread.

Also, am I correct that there is currently no way to get the Gold and Kold War Scorpion skins on PC? As far as I can tell, the limited edition versions they were packed in with were console only.

In other news, Blue Steel Sub-Zero showed up for purchase on Steam today.

Oh damn i should submit a ticket too,

Cider X

So anyone know why you'd pick the Jade variant of Kitana over her assassination one? I don't see the point of those staff moves, they both seem just like combo enders and the glaive seems worse than the default fans.

I fail to see the point as well. Assassin Kitana is where it's at IMO

RM8

Well, because I miss Jade, of course :p

Chairhome

I've switched to my DS4. I can't get a button placement that works for me on my arcade stick.

How do you do stage interactions with that placement? X-Rays?

I find reaching for block when using super special moves really is a pain on 1 and 3.

You can do interactions by pressing both punches.

Switch stance is both kicks, so x-ray is BLK and both kicks.

I just found this out yesterday, so my 6 button layout is:

Throw FP BP
BLK FK BK

X-rays for me are all three bottom buttons, my thumb naturally rests on BLK.

You can do interactions by pressing both punches.

Switch stance is both kicks, so x-ray is BLK and both kicks.

I just found this out yesterday, so my 6 button layout is:

Throw FP BP
BLK FK BK

X-rays for me are all three bottom buttons, my thumb naturally rests on BLK.

I like this. Thanks Chairhome, I'm going to give this a shot.

Did anyone else find
Sareena
to be cool? She seemed like a really interesting character, and I wish I could've seen more.
I did. I said her name out loud because I was excited. That's what I love about these games is when random characters from the universe appear.

Got this yesterday and it's amazing. I really love it but I miss my Mk9 fightstick and my SF IV fight pad that are sitting in the corner of my game room. Will have to order a cronusmax stick ASAP.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yesterday I remember viewing a screen that said what challenges there were for the day. These challenges led to your faction contribution or something like that. Now I cant see tbis page anywhere. Where is it? Or does the invasion thing replace that? Just cause under my player card it says 0/1000 to my contribution today, and I fought the invasion boss as well as done the tower.

The Glaives are mid and super fast, so they might be better for zoning against a character that plays a ground game and doesn't jump so they don't care about the air control of air Fan Toss.

Demoskinos

Is there any way to see what QTE sequences you missed easily? I seem to remember getting all of them but I still don't have the "Perfectionist" Title and Icon set unlocked.

Is there any way to see what QTE sequences you missed easily? I seem to remember getting all of them but I still don't have the "Perfectionist" Title and Icon set unlocked.

I missed only 1
D'vorah Fatality on Baraka
because i had the controller on the table after i won didn't manage to grab it in time lol

Demoskinos

Found the one I'm missing... its Sonya's and I went back and did it and...nothing unlocked. Not a huge deal...but that perfectionist title would have been nice for the extra Koins.

not sure how i feel about stances. I'd rather have a fully fleshed out character than 3 kinda alright versions of a character. feels like there are characters that are lacking in some of their stances.

Sephzilla

Yes it was all in vain.

We clearly didn't play the same game.

I dunno, it's kind of starting to look like
Armageddon might be inevitable. A few things from the original timeline are starting to line up with the reboot timeline. Liu Kang dying, check. Raiden basically turning evil and going 'eff all this', check. Sub Zero reforming the Lin Kuei, check. Shujinko appears in one of the arcade endings and it sounds like he was doing his MK Deception stuff.

Manu

Taven
also appears in Kenshi's ending.

But the reason why they're not going to re-tread Armageddon is because they've already done too much re-treading. It was fine in MK9 since it was a reboot of MK1-3. It's time to move on to new stories, which MKX already did by making MK4 basically a footnote.

Sephzilla

Taven
also appears in Kenshi's ending.

But the reason why they're not going to re-tread Armageddon is because they've already done too much re-treading. It was fine in MK9 since it was a reboot of MK1-3. It's time to move on to new stories, which MKX already did by making MK4 basically a footnote.

I just think
we might be on the road to a very different version of Armageddon. Raiden's evil, Outworld broke the treaty and I'd imagine there's likely going to be a war with Earthrealm. Kang and Kitana rule the Netherrealm and considering how pissy Revenants seem to be they'll probably go to war as well

Hey Giancarlo, would love the Xbone code seeing as you awesomely gave the othe guy one for PS4. Please ignore me if you only had the code for PS4 though ha! Thanks mate.
No need to ignore, I had a extra code due to the collectors edition coming with one packed in regardless and best buy emailed me one for pre-ordering. If I stumble on a xbone code I'll find this post and give it to you.

Deadstar

I did my first brutality last night and it was awesome. So far those are some of the coolest additions so far. I'm really not sure how I feel about the 3 variations yet for each character. I'll have to play more. Removing the social aspect is a huge step down though. Playing with my friend vs two computers was awesome in MK9. It might be dumb but I wish MK9 would get a "remaster" or just a straight port to PS4 so that I don't have to keep pulling out my PS3.

Top Bottom