• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Demoskinos

Did...they reset the ranks?

CCu3qw4UsAA5LlG.jpg

Spades

UK/PAL GAF, I have an extra code for the digital version of MKX on Xbox One. PM me if you're interested; details are in the B/S/T thread!

Xevren

Really hope they fix the connection bars for finding matches online. Everything showing up as grey is incredibly annoying. As is I just go for KOTH since eventually it will show up. And why does it boot you out of practice in koth when it isnt even remotely your turn? Dumb.

I just think
we might be on the road to a very different version of Armageddon. Raiden's evil, Outworld broke the treaty and I'd imagine there's likely going to be a war with Earthrealm. Kang and Kitana rule the Netherrealm and considering how pissy Revenants seem to be they'll probably go to war as well

Honestly at this point I'm expecting an all out battle between realms for the next game.
Earthrealm divided into Raiden and a Fujin factions, Kotal Kahn leading Outworld in defense against Raiden, Liu Kang leading the revenants to conquer the realms, Havik and the chaos realm fighting too for shits and giggles and chaos, and Hotaru and the realm of order serving whoever they deem righteous at the moment.

I probably fully deserve this for supporting horrible microtransactions, BUT ... I purchased the easy fatalities and they don't even work. I had some friends coming over who aren't very good at games, and I thought I could sell them on playing Mortal Kombat with me if they could pull off flashy moves easier. They were getting frustrated at not being able to pull off fatalities so I went to the store and bought a $5 pack of easy fatalities.

They never showed up in the game. I thought I made an error like not completing the purchase, and bought it again. Still didn't work and got an email receipt for $10 worth of purchases. Sony support says it Warner Brother's fault, Warner Brother's says it's Sony's fault. And now I feel like a huge dummy for getting fleeced over something I shouldn't have bought in the first place.

TLDR: I was a sucker and bought 10 bucks of easy fatalities but they never even worked.

Trickster

Ugh, joining ranked matches is such a frustration

looking - joining - looking - joining -looking - joining -looking - joining -looking - joining -looking - joining -looking - joining -looking - joining -looking - joining -looking - joining -looking - joining -looking - joining -looking - joining -looking - joining -looking - joining -

Forever and ever and ever

Then if you finally get into a match, odds are it has horrible delay...

Sh0k

Is there any retail store in the US that I can buy the game and receive the additional DLC with Goro ? I checked Walmart and Target, but there is no mention in the box that DLC is included.

Khezu

Cassie only has two skins doesn't she? :(

Granted, her second skin is fantastic but would be nice to mix it up a bit more.

All 8 new comers only have 2 costumes, and none of them are getting any DLC alts either.
At least not in any of the announced packs so far.

Fmal

Banned
Not if you want it for online, netcode is complete trash

Edit - My game litterally crashed at the select screen for an online match 10 seconds after this post

Netcode is actually just fine, and compares favorably to most every other fighting game that isn't KI, GG, or anything running GGPO.

I got my 200 online games trophy yesterday afternoon, and I can count the number of laggy unplayable matches I've had on one hand.

Umm, serious question is the story meant to start so abruptly? All of a sudden you're in a chopper, fight, it crashes, cuts to Raiden, then suddenly you're in a forest, cuts to Raiden again. It feels so sloppy and poorly edited together. I also noticed no announcer in fights. It feels so half baked compared to MK9 or Injustice. :\

Trickster

Netcode is actually just fine, and compares favorably to most every other fighting game that isn't KI, GG, or anything running GGPO.

I got my 200 online games trophy yesterday afternoon, and I can count the number of laggy unplayable matches I've had on one hand.

I'm playing on PC, and I am telling you, the netcode is legit trash. You get session drops, game crashes, big delay, and joining/looking loops when trying to find a game.

I know there's been another guy in here saying the exact same about the pc version.

Fmal

Banned
Umm, serious question is the story meant to start so abruptly? All of a sudden you're in a chopper, fight, it crashes, cuts to Raiden, then suddenly you're in a forest, cuts to Raiden again. It feels so sloppy and poorly edited together. I also noticed no announcer in fights. It feels so half baked compared to MK9 or Injustice. :\

Sometimes directors will cut to scenes that aren't happening at the same location as the current scene. It was pretty clear from context what was going on and I really can't imagine how anyone could get confused by it. I'm pretty sure one of the characters even mentions that Raiden's off doing something before the cut to him.

On PS4 I feel my only real issue is that the majority of the connection bars are greyed out despite the matches often running fine.

Fmal

Banned
I'm playing on PC, and I am telling you, the netcode is legit trash. You get session drops, game crashes, big delay, and joining/looking loops when trying to find a game.

I know there's been another guy in here saying the exact same about the pc version.

Oh lmao, yeah probably. Everything else about that version is completely fucked up so I wouldn't be surprised if the netcode was buttcheeks too.

Don't buy High Voltage products kids.

I had a good connection with someone in Vs. today. Went a few rounds, was slightly laggy (I could tell because X-rays were triggering sporadically), but was definitely an improvement over yesterday. I'll test it out some more this weekend, but I still think these netcode issues need to be fixed. Also, the matchmaking is sluggish, which is strange for a brand new fighting game.

EDIT: On PC.

You can do interactions by pressing both punches.

Switch stance is both kicks, so x-ray is BLK and both kicks.

I just found this out yesterday, so my 6 button layout is:

Throw FP BP
BLK FK BK

X-rays for me are all three bottom buttons, my thumb naturally rests on BLK.
Thanks for this!

The throw button isn't necessary, as throw is both front or back attack buttons. I don't know if you knew that, or just wanted throw as a convenience button.

Did anyone have a bad code for their Goro pre-order? My code was on the receipt but when I enter it it comes up as invalid. I triple checked it and it's imputed correctly. I also called the store I pre-ordered at but they are zero help, they keep saying that my preorder is not in their system. I could pay the 5 dollars for him but it's just the point.

Did anyone have a bad code for their Goro pre-order? My code was on the receipt but when I enter it it comes up as invalid. I triple checked it and it's imputed correctly. I also called the store I pre-ordered at but they are zero help, they keep saying that my preorder is not in their system. I could pay the 5 dollars for him but it's just the point.

Mine didnt even come with GORO which SUCKS..I did the online chat with Microsoft and the lady was so nice, she gave me 2 months of XBOX LIVE for free so I stacked it with my account..she said I can contact Warner Brothers Games about getting the DLC but not sure if they would give it to me

RM8

Damn it, so no way at all to get the klassic kitana and mileena costumes without an iphone?

Sigh.
I think you Android people have a better chance at it. Because when the app gets released, it'll be inevitably cracked and it won't be an unbearable grind-fest.

Top Bottom