• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

For the invasion boss, use Thunder God Raiden and just spam square, square, triangle, triangle (or whatever your equivalent is). Mileena loses armor after that, and you can keep spamming that combo to last the whole round.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Faction servers have been crap since day 1. I've been doing the three challenges every day and when I go to my history it says:

Day 1: 0 challenges complete
Day 2: 0 challenges complete
Today: 3 challenges complete
That's the page I'm talking about. Where is it? I cant see that page anywhere.

Did anyone have a bad code for their Goro pre-order? My code was on the receipt but when I enter it it comes up as invalid. I triple checked it and it's imputed correctly. I also called the store I pre-ordered at but they are zero help, they keep saying that my preorder is not in their system. I could pay the 5 dollars for him but it's just the point.
Where are you redeeming the code at? And for what system?

I had an issue with PS4 Goro code where it didn't register when activating from the PlayStation Store's webpage, but worked from redeeming on the PS4's store.

Okay who is the easiest character to use. I'm terrible at this game and I'm actually pretty decent in SF..

The movement feels robotic.. like I'm never in range to start a combo with any of my punch or kick abilities.

Any suggestions on easy combo setup guys and good reach?

Okay who is the easiest character to use. I'm terrible at this game and I'm actually pretty decent in SF..

The movement feels robotic.. like I'm never in range to start a combo with any of my punch or kick abilities.

Mileena feels like a good starter character. Her specials offer a lot of mobility.

Fmal

Banned

Kung-Jin Bojitsu
Mileena Piercing
Jax Pumped Up

This is my first MK game too, and the best advice I can give it don't treat it like an SF game. It's way different. It shares more DNA with something like Virtual Fighter tbh.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ok new question instead then. What are the challenges for today?

Either that or point me to the page in tge game that tells me. I don't understand why I cant find it today. It was there yesterday.

Lord Phol

Nice! A consistent 30% is better than an inconsistent 40%.

Thanks!
Yeah I want to start off simple until I get a good grasp on everything :p. I also have a combo that starts with a low kick, so now I only need a wall combo and I'm set for some live training!

Fmal

Banned
Thanks!
Yeah I want to start off simple until I get a good grasp on everything :p. I also have a combo that starts with a low kick, so now I only need a wall combo and I'm set for some live training!

I'm lazy so I just use a corner combo that also works everywhere else :p

Where are you redeeming the code at? And for what system?

I had an issue with PS4 Goro code where it didn't register when activating from the PlayStation Store's webpage, but worked from redeeming on the PS4's store.

Bought at Gamestop tried redeeming it on both the webpage and PS4 store. No luck on either. I did put a ticket into WB, hopefully something materializes from that. Either way it's not going to get resolved by Saturday and I'm having a tournament at my house that day. I'm probably going to have to buy it. That will teach me to deal with Gamestop, last time.

Bought at Gamestop tried redeeming it on both the webpage and PS4 store. No luck on either. I did put a ticket into WB, hopefully something materializes from that. Either way it's not going to get resolved by Saturday and I'm having a tournament at my house that day. I'm probably going to have to buy it. That will teach me to deal with Gamestop, last time.

I called Microsoft and the lady told me that on April 26th Goro will be free to everyone not sure if that is true or not..I figured everyone would get it when they pre ordered the game but I still cant get it

Fmal

Banned
I called Microsoft and the lady told me that on April 26th Goro will be free to everyone not sure if that is true or not..I figured everyone would get it when they pre ordered the game but I still cant get it

Yeah, that's definitely not true lmao. Isn't that when Jason comes out?

Algebrah

Yeah, that's definitely not true lmao. Isn't that when Jason comes out?

Lol don't believe those clowns. When my Sunset Bundle game code didn't download the game. I heard all sorts of insane solutions and "rebooted" my system like 200 times. My favorite was when one person said my code is bad so I should return my console to the store... You know... The limited edition white one that's sold out.

Fmal

Banned
Im really disappointed with the length of the story. It seems like it was a portion of the length of MK9. It almost seems like they cut it down to sell as DLC....

It's only four extra chapters long? I guess that's technically a portion, but we're talking like an hour of content.

Dr. Buni

Im really disappointed with the length of the story. It seems like it was a portion of the length of MK9. It almost seems like they cut it down to sell as DLC....
The story of the game was short, but it is pretty much complete. I'd buy a story DLC in a blink, though, if it follows the post-credits scene.

Fmal

Banned

4 chapters less and what appears to be less content. It wasn't really fleshed out that well and it didn't leave a clear direction of what's next.

It took me a good few days to finish MK9, I've done MKX in two evenings worth of gameplay.

The Order 1886 lasted longer and people complained that was short.

The Order 1886 also isn't designed from the ground up to be a competitive fighting game that can be played online and off. There's no shortage of content in MKX.

Did the invasion tower and the 7th fight was against Mileena with modifers that I take damage for every jump, crouch, and special. Needless to say I skipped it lol

4 chapters less and what appears to be less content. It wasn't really fleshed out that well and it didn't leave a clear direction of what's next.

It took me a good few days to finish MK9, I've done MKX in two evenings worth of gameplay.

The
Cliffhanger
left a pretty good idea of what's happening next, or at least a hint. MK9 felt longer because of it was a much harder game with those terrible 2vs1 fights. And I don't really get The Order 1886 comparison, you're talking about a fighting game here.

Moff

Did the invasion tower and the 7th fight was against Mileena with modifers that I take damage for every jump, crouch, and special. Needless to say I skipped it lol

yeah that one was hard until I realized what the modifiers actually did. I cheesed easily then by using the same tactics I use against corrupted shinnok. just block and wait until the enemy walks over and then drop a combo.

Trickster

I beat MK9 story in one day. It really wasnt all that long either.

And The Order 1886 is only it's campaign, nothing else. MKX got multiplayer, factions, challenges and the krypt.

So in terms of content I don't see how people can seriously criticize MKX for a lack off it. There's some questionable dlc and pre-order practices going on with the game sure. And the launch has had issues, especially pc. But in terms of raw content, MKX has more than adequate, especially compared to other fighers.

malfcn

How strict are pop ups and bounces? I was practicing a Takeda combo and it was tough for me. The foe would be mid air. Is jump up with 1 or 2 and half the time it would miss. Can it be buffered like other combo or cancels?

For the invasion boss, use Thunder God Raiden and just spam square, square, triangle, triangle (or whatever your equivalent is). Mileena loses armor after that, and you can keep spamming that combo to last the whole round.

This sounds helpful.

yeah that one was hard until I realized what the modifiers actually did. I cheesed easily then by using the same tactics I use against corrupted shinnok. just block and wait until the enemy walks over and then drop a combo.

My Corrupted Shinnok strategy consisted of using uppercuts and Cassie's gun a lot lol

KAL2006

Banned
Can someone list all the unplayable characters you fight against in story mode. Of course spoiler tag for people who don't wanna he spoiled.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I really think the netcode is going to be the kiss of death for this game. Its 2015. There is no reason it should be this bad.

Lol don't believe those clowns. When my Sunset Bundle game code didn't download the game. I heard all sorts of insane solutions and "rebooted" my system like 200 times. My favorite was when one person said my code is bad so I should return my console to the store... You know... The limited edition white one that's sold out.

yeah I figured it was BS..I pre ordered the game from Dell since I had a gift card to use, received the game yesterday but NO GORO..so not sure how I Can get hold of it without paying the 4.99..I should be getting the code for free unless the code is only for certain stores

Fmal

Banned

In my experience it's been fine. It's all just anecdotal evidence on both sides, but I guarantee you I've played more matches online than you have.

I've spent most of the past five years playing different fighting games online at least once a day, and this feels no different than USF4 netcode, which while not perfect, is more than serviceable.

Unless you're on the PC version, in which case lmao sucks to suck I guess.

Nuszka

In my experience it's been fine. It's all just anecdotal evidence on both sides, but I guarantee you I've played more matches online than you have.

I've spent most of the past five years playing different fighting games online at least once a day, and this feels no different than USF4 netcode, which while not perfect, is more than serviceable.

Unless you're on the PC version, in which case lmao sucks to suck I guess.

We are living in 2015 right now so let us compere it to KI , GGxRD. But if i put it next to lets say TTT2 in which i spend about 200h online, MKX does not look good. Hope there are some improvements on the way.

Top Bottom