• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Fmal

Banned
As usual, the old "it's working fine for me so it must be your fault" defense.

*sigh*

I live in the Great White North, Edmonton, Alberta, far away from big populations of online players like anyone who lives on either of the coasts in America. I also have a shitty 30/5 internet connection. If it works fine for me, the only reason it shouldn't work fine for anyone else is bad luck or a bad connection. If people are allowed to anecdotally bitch about how bad the netcode is, why can't I anecdotally say it's fine.

If you want to be empirical about it, here's some hard data. According to my stats page I'm at 261 games played. I've only noticed a bad connection hindering my ability to play in maybe 10-15 games. Getting good games 94% of the time is about as good as I get playing XRD or Last Blade 2 via Fightcade.

Spades

For the invasion boss, use Thunder God Raiden and just spam square, square, triangle, triangle (or whatever your equivalent is). Mileena loses armor after that, and you can keep spamming that combo to last the whole round.

I can't even pull that combo off once before she jumps on me or does something else to break it. How you're able to keep spamming it is beyond me.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Well it turns out my nerves in my hands are just not made for this game. Its fucking ridiculous you have to put in inputs faster than flash himself and I feel like im walking in jello. I am not even exaggerating. Trying to press ----> [] [] X + [] X is near impossible to pull off. I can get the first 3 inputs just fine but the + [] x at the end is impossible unless I do it so fucking fast my nerve endings in my fingers snap from overloading them.

Why the hell can't they be more forgiving to pull off? I press the buttons quick as hell and should be quick enough ffs.

I have to trade this game in today. It I could pull off some of this pop ups and 20 hit combos I would keep it but the delay of the controls just don't mesh with me at all. I wanted to love this but oh well.

My new tv has input lag of 40ms. Is that the reason for it?

edit: I turned off release check and I am still having problems.

Well it turns out my nerves in my hands are just not made for this game. Its fucking ridiculous you have to put in inputs faster than flash himself and I feel like im walking in jello. I am not even exaggerating. Trying to press ----> [] [] X + [] X is near impossible to pull off. I can get the first 3 inputs just fine but the + [] x at the end is impossible unless I do it so fucking fast my nerve endings in my fingers snap from overloading them.

Why the hell can't they be more forgiving to pull off? I press the buttons quick as hell and should be quick enough ffs.

What character? Is that a command throw at the end? If so you're supposed to press them together, or just press L1 instead.

Sub zero Unbreakable form is much easier use the ice shield then uppercut her lol

I tried that method and had way more trouble with it. She would end up just throwing sais at me the whole time. I had much better luck with Raiden.

Fmal

Banned

What helped me a lot was taking care to not rush it. Just get the cadence down, and practice the motions until you have them burned into your muscle memory.

Have you been able to do combos in other fighting games? The execution requirements int his game are way less stringent than in most other fighters.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
How do you access the Invasion boss? It's still locked out for me?

edit. Just unlocked out of nowhere wtf haha

What character? Is that a command throw at the end? If so you're supposed to press them together, or just press L1 instead.

I tried that method and had way more trouble with it. She would end up just throwing sais at me the whole time. I had much better luck with Raiden.

For me Sub-Zero is easier but I'm trying to find more ways trying a few characters now but her super armor sucks ..

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
We are living in 2015 right now so let us compere it to KI , GGxRD. But if i put it next to lets say TTT2 in which i spend about 200h online, MKX does not look good. Hope there are some improvements on the way.

Soul Cal V has better netcode too.

For me Sub-Zero is easier but I'm trying to find more ways trying a few characters now but her super armor sucks ..

I posted it on the last page, but here's the Raiden video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSmr5NrDvYk

All the hits from holding 2 will break her armor, making the rest of the fight easy.

So do I have to break my controller for test your might??? seriously

Man, did you skip the SNES or PS1 era? Wrap two fingers in your shirt and slide them across the buttons. That'll get you through the entire tower easy.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've found Goro to be really good for the invasion fight. EX Punchwalk will eat through her crap and once the armor is broken the stomp gets her a lot.

ZangBa

I'm on 2mbps down/.5 up and having no problems tbh. I even moved the modem and router to the other side of the house and ran on wifi where the PS4 said 200/49kbs and still had no issues. I have a bit over 100 games played and only 3 of them were bad.

Sigmaah

I find heads with yellow bar connections and it's deff playable which is good, I have only found yellow or no bars, no green bars yet which kinda sucks.

Krejlooc

Banned
just chiming in again to say that i fucking love this game.

i'm about to start a neogaf room (from texas) in the pc version if anybody is down to fight.

Sorry for asking the same question over and over, but since I did NOT get GORO in my Mortal Kombat X game yesterday does this mean I have to pay the 4.99 for it from xbox.com..I just assumed that all pre orders for this game would get it included

Ferrio

Banned
Can someone explain me something about the frame data. Now if something says like Hit Adv "30" that means you have 30 frames to link into another move right? So why can't a move with a startup 6 connect? That's a huge enough frame time I should be able to hit it atleast once in training mode, but it never works it's always blocked.

Wallach

Can someone explain me something about the frame data. Now if something says like Hit Adv "30" that means you have 30 frames to link into another move right? So why can't a move with a startup 6 connect? That's a huge enough frame time I should be able to hit it atleast once in training mode, but it never works it's always blocked.

Some moves put the opponent into a forced stagger that players can only block out of. A good example is Shinnok's Mimicry power in his Imposter variant. It puts them in a daze state that prevents them from doing anything but blocking. You can't actually combo into that, but it puts them into guaranteed mixup situations basically (unless it's on someone like Jax, who is fucked because the move Shinnok steals is an unblockable so you basically get a free 30% reset every time you combo into Mimicry against him).

One thing that really bothers me about NRS games is the really dull background music for a lot of stages. It doesn't sound like fighting game music, just boring, generic action movie stuff.

Ferrio

Banned
Some moves put the opponent into a forced stagger that players can only block out of. A good example is Shinnok's Mimicry power in his Imposter variant. It puts them in a daze state that prevents them from doing anything but blocking. You can't actually combo into that, but it puts them into guaranteed mixup situations basically (unless it's on someone like Jax, who is fucked because the move Shinnok steals is an unblockable so you basically get a free 30% reset every time you combo into Mimicry against him).

And they don't indicate what moves do this or not? Just gotta test?

XpopcornX

Banned
Well, what waste of money. This was my first actual fighting game and after 3 hours of practice I cant even mabage to take over 25% of an opponent's health on any online match.

Fmal

Banned
Well, what waste of money. This was my first actual fighting game and after 3 hours of practice I cant even mabage to take over 25% of an opponent's health on any online match.

You gotta creep before you crawl.

Anyone wanna play a few rounds on PS4? PSN: amalenczak

Uraizen

Banned

Read this.

If it's your first fighting game, don't worry so much about pulling off high percentage combos so quickly. Focus on the basics like blocking first. Right now a lot of matches can be won online just by blocking attacks and punishing with even basic combo strings.

IKizzLE

As someone who plays competitively offline, this netcode is better than mk9 and injustice but that isn't saying so much. It's good enough to combo but walking and dash canceling through zoning or teching throws or block punishing is rough. It's certainly no ttt2, vf5 final showdown, KI or GG.

Saiyan-Rox

One thing is mega obvious to me now having played this online with friends...

I bloody suck at these games. got 20-1 was the score >< I just can't seem to remember squat when it comes to normal attacks and just punch/kick once xD

gunner13

Neo Member

Don't get too down on yourself! Keep practicing and playing its the only way to get better. I've only played one match online and lost, had opponent close to half health each round. I used that match as a gauge as to where I'm at so that I know how hard I need to work. I haven't been in the fighting game scene for 20 years, but I am enjoying the challenge of learning, which will make the wins that much better.

Skab

In my experience it's been fine. It's all just anecdotal evidence on both sides, but I guarantee you I've played more matches online than you have.

I've spent most of the past five years playing different fighting games online at least once a day, and this feels no different than USF4 netcode, which while not perfect, is more than serviceable.

Unless you're on the PC version, in which case lmao sucks to suck I guess.

I've had all of one match that was laggy out of the several hundred that I have played thus far.

PC online is absolutely fine. In fact, Rip from over at ATP came to the conclusion that the PC netcode is better than the PS4s version. (Xbox is apparently the best.)

Kinsei

Banned
Is it possible to kill the invasion boss Mileena? I absolutely wrecked her and had half of my health left when time ran out and she still won.

Top Bottom