• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Krejlooc

Banned
Is it possible to kill the invasion boss Mileena? I absolutely wrecked her and had half of my health left when time ran out and she still won.

no. the whole point is you have to survive 30 seconds. if you do, the damage you inflict on the invincible boss is added to a running total. at the end of the day, the faction with the most damage done wins.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Is it possible to kill the invasion boss Mileena? I absolutely wrecked her and had half of my health left when time ran out and she still won.

I think that the goal is to see how long you can survive and how much damage you can do.

Seik

Banned
So what's up, I updated the game and did the training, because I thought I had no choice after a while, and then the Story Mode is still locked...?

EDIT: Oh here it is, I guess the game was still installing after all this time.

Korezo

So I practice with subzero in training mode, then I decide to try what I learned on the AI on hardest difficulty and pick klassic towers. The first fight Kano, he absorbs every hit I do with I guess a counter grab and I'm unable to punish anything he does cause it seems all safe. Is that ball move safe? because I block and if I attack I get hit all the time.

Quikies83

Anybody on Xbox one run into this?
I've installed the game from the disc, it then tries to install the update but the installation keeps stopping? I can start it back up but it stops again shortly after.. I've deleted the game and tried reinstalling but same problem...

ReBurn

Gold Member
So what's up, I updated the game and did the training, because I thought I had no choice after a while, and then the Story Mode is still locked...?

Did you get it on disc? It took a long time for story mode to unlock for me because it was still installing in the background. Modes, characters and arenas slowly started to appear.

Fmal

Banned
So I practice with subzero in training mode, then I decide to try what I learned on the AI on hardest difficulty and pick klassic towers. The first fight Kano, he absorbs every hit I do with I guess a counter grab and I'm unable to punish anything he does cause it seems all safe. Is that ball move safe? because I block and if I attack I get hit all the time.

I can't say for sure, but the blanka ball isn't safe as far as I know. What are you trying to punish it with?

slapnuts

Boy this baby looks freaking HOT on PC all maxed out. Loving it so far...was not sure which to go with PS4 or PC ...opted for PC this time around since most of my playing MKX will be played with friends over...got the home theater PC running on the big screen with a rock'n surround sound setup pumping (two) 12' inch powered polk subs along with a new Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1040 just upgraded to my HT setup.

Now just waiting for GTA V to finish downloading and it'll be a blissful weekend of gaming on PC and PS4. It's amazing how much of a difference having a quality home theater surround sound setup makes with gaming once you get all the right components working in tandem. Also just got a pair of NOLA Boxer Front Speakers that replaced my older DAHLQUIST Fronts ....while my older DQ's were some bad ass speakers (still are) ...i definitely feel the NOLA Boxers making a nice difference overall.

Off work for medical leave for two more weeks...I can finally catch up on some hardcore gaming after doing some upgrades to my PC and Home Theater.

Krejlooc

Banned
Boy this baby looks freaking HOT on PC all maxed out. Loving it so far...was not sure which to go with PS4 or PC ...opted for PC this time around since most of my playing MKX will be played with friends over...got the home theater PC running on the big screen with a rock'n surround sound setup pumping (two) 12' inch powered polk subs along with a new Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1040 just upgraded to my HT setup.

Now just waiting for GTA V to finish downloading and it'll be a blissful weekend of gaming on PC and PS4. It's amazing how much of a difference having a quality home theater surround sound setup makes with gaming once you get all the right components working in tandem. Also just got a pair of NOLA Boxer Front Speakers that replaced my older DAHLQUIST Fronts ....while my older DQ's were some bad ass speakers (still are) ...i definitely feel the NOLA Boxers making a nice difference overall.

Off work for medical leave for two more weeks...I can finally catch up on some hardcore gaming after doing some upgrades to my PC and Home Theater.

the white lotus temple in the rain looks amazing

Invasion Boss Mileena performed on a Brutality on me not once, but twice. TWICE! I bring great shame to the Black Dragon faction ;_;

And I finally performed a Brutality of my own...using Mileena lol. Thank goodness it was for a dragon challenge. And was surprised when I was doing the premier tower that all of Goro's finishing moves were already unlocked for me. Was able to perform one of his Brutalities with ease.

Spent more time in the Krypt now that I had like over 80k koins. Was probably in there for at least 30-60 mins exploring the place and unlocking lots of stuff. Do have a question regarding inventory items. Is there anything after Jax's rocket launcher? If so, where can I find it?

Was playing this game on PC with a friend, two player local versus mode. The game crashed almost every time I tried to set my controls. I was using a modded Hitbox arcade controller at the time, and it would crash every time I went to set my controls. My friend was using an unmodded Xbox MadCatz TE2 stick, and he could set his controls just fine. After switching to an Xbox 360 controller, the crashing issue seemed not occur anymore.

Rather, we had another issue instead. Frequently during our games, our control schemes would switch. My friend like to play using the "alternate inputs" option, and I play using the default inputs. Frequently, sometimes even mid match, my controls would switch from default inputs to alternate inputs, and we couldn't figure out a way to make it stop other than just switching our controls back every few matches or so.

'Guess it's another thing that NRS/HVS will have to patch later.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So.. can I only do brutalties in the "finish him" mode, or what? Can't figure this shit out.

I know there are other prerequisites before you can do it, but I still haven't done one after trying for a bit *shrug*

Dubz

Game session is not available. That's what it says every time I try and play with a friend of mine.

I also seem to get stuck at reading stats data when I try and get into the online menu.

zogged

so I was messing around with Brawler Cassie on training mode for about an hour yesterday and boy is she really fun to play. If you get the timing down right you can string her takedown into quite a few combos, usually ending each one with around 20% and up damage done. Easiest one to pull off seems to be FP, BP, Takedown.

Invasion Boss Mileena performed on a Brutality on me not once, but twice. TWICE! I bring great shame to the Black Dragon faction ;_;

And I finally performed a Brutality of my own...using Mileena lol. Thank goodness it was for a dragon challenge. And was surprised when I was doing the premier tower that all of Goro's finishing moves were already unlocked for me. Was able to perform one of his Brutalities with ease.

Spent more time in the Krypt now that I had like over 80k koins. Was probably in there for at least 30-60 mins exploring the place and unlocking lots of stuff. Do have a question regarding inventory items. Is there anything after Jax's rocket launcher? If so, where can I find it?
Use jax rocket launcher to open the gate. Spend 10k in one go at the statue and you get the kamidogu(sp?). Use that on the netherealm door and enter quan chi's lair.

They really need to do something about KOTH taking 20 years to connect to even when there are spots open. If i get a challenge while in a KOTH wait it will leave me stuck in the room select area.

I was wanting to spectate some KOTH but it takes forever.

Raiden (Displacer) has stuck out to me and has given me most of my wins. Definitely staying with me.

I still want to have a lot more characters though.

Alright, so I'm using a TE2 stick to play this game on PS4 and because of this I can't bring KOTH fights into fullscreen due to the fact that I have no touch pad. This also keeps me from actually playing because every time it's my turn, the game keeps my controls in the menus outside of the actual fight... What the heck is dis shiz?

Clawww

alright so who's top tier? where's the broken shit at? I know it's early :)

sword scorpion is ridiculously easy to play, obviously. other characters I've dicked around with that seem solid are jax and liu kang.

rocK`

Banned
Probably been answered before but can you really not test a second fatality?? Every time I go to practice fatality it's always the first one.

Top Bottom