• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Fury451

Banned
I'm finding Kenshi with Kenjutsu to be absolutely dominating in matches. I didn't intend for him to be my main, but as of now he is.

My 3 fav characters are the 3 I couldn't stand in any other game. Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, Kano. Weird.

I used to use ermac alot but I don't quite like him as much now.

My 3 fav characters are the 3 I couldn't stand in any other game. Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, Kano. Weird.

I used to use ermac alot but I don't quite like him as much now.

That's how I was with Johnny Cage in MK9 and Batman in Injustice. I absolutely despise them, but I was really good with them. I had no choice but to use them to their fullest.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Need to be the final hit. You can combo into them also.
Still can't pull it off. I'm trying to do Kung Lao's klassic toss hat throw (> + < + triangle) and it connects every time, last hit, full meter, yet nothing... Ugh

What in the name of christ an I doing wrong?1 And can you even practice this stuff in training mode?

Fmal

Banned
alright so who's top tier? where's the broken shit at? I know it's early :)

sword scorpion is ridiculously easy to play, obviously. other characters I've dicked around with that seem solid are jax and liu kang.

Mileena, Jax, Kung Jin, and Jacqui all have the tools to be really good I think. Jacqui in particular seems like she'd be kind of stupid in the hands of someone capable of run canceling 100% of the time.

Anyone play Kahn? Specifically War God. I'm trying to figure out how to deal with being fullscreen. His sword throw is awful unless MB.

Sometimes I will end a combo with F12 which causes them to go about fullscreen. Follow up with MB sword throw, but not sure what to do after.

I suppose I should be running more. I always forget this game has running, might as well add platforming too.

Fmal

Banned
Anyone play Kahn? Specifically War God. I'm trying to figure out how to deal with being fullscreen. His sword throw is awful unless MB.

I suppose I should be running more. I always forget this game has running, might as well add platforming too.

Never be full screen.

shaowebb

Can confirm firsthand that PC version is almost unplayable with frame drops. I got 12gb ram, radeon 6800 series and over half the stages cause massive drops and Raiden makes things lose frames worse than bad online matches ever did. Thats with everything turned off and minimum settings too.

High Voltage really boned this one. I can't even see half the frames let alone combo much in this game. Pretty well just bossin around with in out strats and zoning.

Mesoian

This game HATES playstation sticks/pads apparently. My 360 wireless adapter works perfectly, my saturn adaptor works perfectly, my madkatz 360 SF pads work perfectly, but my PS3 stick and my Hori pad all crash at button config.

Weird.

Can confirm firsthand that PC version is almost unplayable with frame drops. I got 12gb ram, radeon 6800 series and over half the stages cause massive drops and Raiden makes things lose frames worse than bad online matches ever did. Thats with everything turned off and minimum settings too.

High Voltage really boned this one. I can't even see half the frames let alone combo much in this game. Pretty well just bossin around with in out strats and zoning.

Yup, anything with flowing water is going to cause a lot of jitter.

Dead

well not really...yet
Anyone else think the Coarse collectors statue is one of the best ever included in a CE?

The design and pose is fantastic. I swore Id never waste money on CEs for random games again, but I just had to here

Kind of shocked there isn't a display base though

Fmal

Banned
Yeah you're probably right. I'm playing him too much like Ares and he doesn't have anywhere near the same set of options.

Time to become a footsie mofo.

IDK how you were supposed to play Ares, but when Injustice came out I basically played him straight keep away using his trait weapons and decent fireball.

Mesoian

she keeps getting beaten up

t6lvhgw69x5w.gif

Wallach

Wonder if it is an AMD thing. I don't have any frame drops except for on the character select screen, of all places.

Story question
I'm safe in assuming Takada was trained by Scorpion after the incident that freed and brought back to life him, Jax and Sub-Zero. Just wanted to make sure of that

Methos#1975

The game does run smooth with every on high at 900p though no issue, so I am not sure what the issue here is, since the leap is far far more than it really should be between 1080p and 900p.

Kinsei

Banned
Story question
I'm safe in assuming Takada was trained by Scorpion after the incident that freed and brought back to life him, Jax and Sub-Zero. Just wanted to make sure of that

Yeah, you're right.

Is there a decent guide out there for Krypt unlocks? Also, what's the best way to grind koins?

The invasion boss is great for koin grinding. A single fight nets you 300 and the fights are very quick.

alright so who's top tier? where's the broken shit at? I know it's early :)

sword scorpion is ridiculously easy to play, obviously. other characters I've dicked around with that seem solid are jax and liu kang.
Two of Takeda's forms (Lasher, Shirai Ryu) are hyper good. Ninjitsu Scorp because sword combos. All of Subby's forms are great. Ethereal Mileena is crazy.

OmegaDL50

Here's a Raiden (Thunder God Variant) combo I discovered in training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfbltbRy06A

32 Hits for 31% Damage, uses 2 Bars.

Although it's not very practical, mostly just showing off.

A more practical variant is the following, which is 27 Hits 31% Damage (1 Bar)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boUiEIzRIqk

Jump in FP, Standing BP, FP, FK launches, FP, FP, BP, Shocker, FP,FP, BP (charge), BP (charge), *Uppercut

The uppercut at the end of the combo can only be used if the Thunder Cloud combo chain (FP,FP, BP (charge), BP (charge) sends the opponent into the corner.

EDIT: A downvote? seriously. I'm creating videos out the sake of freely sharing information. Maybe I shouldn't bother.

Kinsei

Banned
How are you guys picking a main? There are so many fun kharacters in this game. Right now I'm thinking Assassin Kitana.

Simple, I picked my favorite character both design and character wise (D'Vorah). I was really happy when I first tried her and instantly fell in love with her fighting style.

Uraizen

Banned

Damn, I main Raiden and have yet to see any drops on any stage.

i7 2600k, GTX 980, 16GB ram -- Yeah, piss poor optimization if that's what it takes.

Anybody else having issues with move inputs online? Offline I can pull off a move consistently. Online it seems like it does the move I want about 10% of the time. Really frustrating.

OmegaDL50

Damn, I main Raiden and have yet to see any drops on any stage.

i7 2600k, GTX 980, 16GB ram -- Yeah, piss poor optimization if that's what it takes.

Yeah I got an i5 3570k, HD7950, 8GB of ram and the Raiden footage I upload seems to be alright.

Outside of recording with the processor intensive slowdown due to running MK and Fraps recording uncompressed 60fps AVIs at the same time.

I don't have any apparent slowdown outside of the 30 fps framelocked stuff such as character intros, fatalities, the menus, and of course cutscenes.

I wonder if I threw in another 8GB of ram and bumped my PC up to 16GB total, would this fix my slowdown when recording.

I have a gtx 780, i7 4770k and 16 gb of ram. Is that good enough to run MK smoothly. I have it on ps4 but was interested in getting it for pc also since I have friends that have it on pc as well

OmegaDL50

I have a gtx 780, i7 4770k and 16 gb of ram. Is that good enough to run MK smoothly. I have it on ps4 but was interested in getting it for pc also since I have friends that have it on pc as well

Look at my post up above. Your PC is better than mine. I would expect your performance to exceed it

Top Bottom