• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Man, what the fuck...

My PS4 digital copy of MKX was crashing at the copyright screen every single time. I checked for updates, cleared my save data (since it seemed to happen around when the loading dragon symbol showed up in the bottom right), shut off the PS4 twice...

Nothing worked. Has anyone else had this problem?

Here's a Raiden (Thunder God Variant) combo I discovered in training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfbltbRy06A

32 Hits for 31% Damage, uses 2 Bars.

Although it's not very practical, mostly just showing off.

A more practical variant is the following, which is 27 Hits 31% Damage (1 Bar)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boUiEIzRIqk

Jump in FP, Standing BP, FP, FK launches, FP, FP, BP, Shocker, FP,FP, BP (charge), BP (charge), *Uppercut

The uppercut at the end of the combo can only be used if the Thunder Cloud combo chain (FP,FP, BP (charge), BP (charge) sends the opponent into the corner.

EDIT: A downvote? seriously. I'm creating videos out the sake of freely sharing information. Maybe I shouldn't bother.

Those are pretty good. How do you get the second electrocute at the end to end up on the same side? Mine always come from behind.

I came up with these two:

35% with one bar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUN9VrFpjfo

38% in the corner, also one bar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iPwa9DLRC0

(also whoever downvoted you was a dick. I upvoted to try and off set it)

Edit: Actually, I'm dumb, that 38% becomes 41% if you use a second 3, 4 instead of 2, 1, 3.

Nemesis_

There's no male Klassic costumes available for the Ninjas are there? I'm wondering why that is....more downloadable content coming beyond the first season pass?

Allforce

Have we had a Krypt guide released yet with the locations of fatalities and costumes (and brutalities to a lesser extent)? I've gone through and unlocked all the locations, but can't find a decent guide with locations of the chests I need to open.

OmegaDL50

Those are pretty good. How do you get the second electrocute at the end to end up on the same side? Mine always come from behind.

I came up with these two:

35% with one bar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUN9VrFpjfo

38% in the corner, also one bar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iPwa9DLRC0

(also whoever downvoted you was a dick. I upvoted to try and off set it)

Second electrocute?

Do you mean the teleport during the Storm Cloud combo chain? I think it's stage dependent.

For example if I do this same combo in the Dead Woods, I will appear behind the opponent and knock them away. However on the Crossroads stage. They will get pushed into the corner which allows me to follow up with an uppercut.

I think it also depends how close to the corner you are when you start the combo. Some stages seem to be wider than others. Which means there is a certain degree of variability to pull off specific combos from stage to stage.

Can you share your 41% combo please? That's really impressive for only 1 bar.

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah, I know. I'll do that when the android version releases.

- Ninja Mime Cage
- Farmer Jax
- MK2 Kitana
- MK2 Mileena
- Injustice Scorpion

Nope, which makes things more annoying.

I still need:

- Revenant Liu Kang, Kitana, Jax, and Kung Lao
- Emperor Liu Kang, and Empress Kitana
- Hot Shot Johnny

I know how to get Empress Kitana! You need to complete 5 living towers. I'm not sure if you need a certain score or not, so go for gold just in case.

Second electrocute?

Do you mean the teleport during the Storm Cloud combo chain? I think it's stage dependent.

For example if I do this same combo in the Dead Woods, I will appear behind the opponent and knock them away. However on the Crossroads stage. They will get pushed into the corner which allows me to follow up with an uppercut.

I think it also depends how close to the corner you are when you start the combo. Some stages seem to be wider than others. Which means there is a certain degree of variability to pull off specific combos from stage to stage.

Can you share your 41% combo please? That's really impressive for only 1 life gauge.

Ah, gotcha, that makes sense. I haven't practiced on that stage before.

I was able to get it to 42%: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9U13b8mWqY

Though it's easier to pull off the 41% version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8DKFqmMieY

The timing is less strict and you only lose 1%.

OmegaDL50

Umm I didn't unlock Future Raiden but I have linked to WB....?

Yes...I am curious about this too.

I have a WBPlay account and my Steam account is linked to it and I don't have Future Raiden either.

Try logging out of WB Play and logging back in. I had to do that to get him.

Ah. I will try this then.

Thanks for those inputs by the way. I never knew Raiden had an alternate throw effect during a combo. That ground lightning does crazy damage.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm really enjoying Reptile, and how do you get the Revenant skins?

I got Revenant Sub-Zero last night, and iirc, I got it from completing the Test Your Might tower. It was really late, though, so I might be wrong.

Nemesis_

I too just unlocked Revenant Sub Zero from the Test Your Might tower. So I assume that's a lock-in.

Just a quick question - the costume options in the Kollection screen, do they show all the costumes available or just some of them? I read a post earlier that said it was annoying that it didn't show what was available but pretty sure that might be it?

OmegaDL50

So getting Farmer Jax and Ninja Mime Johnny Cage requires playing the Android game?

There isn't any other method in obtaining this costumes?

Hmm. I wonder if my Cellphone will run it. I don't care about the game itself, I just want to get the costumes for completion sake.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I too just unlocked Revenant Sub Zero from the Test Your Might tower. So I assume that's a lock-in.

Just a quick question - the costume options in the Kollection screen, do they show all the costumes available or just some of them? I read a post earlier that said it was annoying that it didn't show what was available but pretty sure that might be it?

Yeah, that shows them all.

Algebrah

Been playing on PC the last 2 days and then played the PS4 version today...Night and day. 60 frames, better looking, and walk animations on selection screen. Really wish I got the console version now...

Slurmer

Banned
I have no idea how to pull off combos longer than three hits.
Cancel combo strings into specials that pop up your opponent or dizzy/freeze them (like scorpion's spear for example). Then go to town with another string or whatever else you want to maximize damage.

Man, what the fuck...

My PS4 digital copy of MKX was crashing at the copyright screen every single time. I checked for updates, cleared my save data (since it seemed to happen around when the loading dragon symbol showed up in the bottom right), shut off the PS4 twice...

Yeah, this keeps happening to me too. Anyone know what the deal is?

mdsfx

I have been sitting at Cemetery Ground -23,10 waiting for the timed chest to appear for Mileenas Tournament Costume but nothing is happening! Come on!!!!

So has anyone with the PC version had a problem where every time you load the game you have to reset your button config? Mine defaults to the original layout every time I launch and it's getting my ass kicked when I forget and go online.

Nemesis_

The Faction Kills are such dickhead cock teases.

I'm legitimately surprised that somebody like Tanya managed to get into the first wave of downloadable content over Fujin. The way Ed was talking about Fujin during MK9 I seriously thought he was a lock in.

But seriously, reflecting on the series dark days (MKDA -> MKA) the only real character who's really stuck and developed has been Kenshi, right?

FHIZ

Man, I was having a lot of fun with this game until I had Mime Johnny Cage rip open his daughter's toro and go "heeeere's Johnny." I sat there at the win screen just sort of thinking about what I had just done and kind of bummed myself out... Way more fucked up than the fatalities themselves.

Then I got thinking, Johnny, Sonya, Kenshi and Jax should all have dumb special fatalities where they just scold or ground their kids. PARENTALITY.

on top of that, the lack of dumb joke finishers in this game is disappointing. With the babalities in MK9, I was really expecting friendships to be in this one. I REALLY hope they get added in, even though I know that's a very slim possibility.

Finally... Wei fucking Shen. YES.

classic ladder

k'mon now.

Man, what the fuck...

Exact same thing is happening for me. The fuck.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Been playing on PC the last 2 days and then played the PS4 version today...Night and day. 60 frames, better looking, and walk animations on selection screen. Really wish I got the console version now...
Not sure why the PS4 version would be better looking, unless you had to drop settings.

Top Bottom