• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Man, what the fuck...

My PS4 digital copy of MKX was crashing at the copyright screen every single time. I checked for updates, cleared my save data (since it seemed to happen around when the loading dragon symbol showed up in the bottom right), shut off the PS4 twice...

Nothing worked. Has anyone else had this problem?
For the new page

Temporary problem solve, just disconnect from the internet and start it up. Reconnect once inside the main game. No idea why this is happening. Welcome to the online future ;_;

Nemesis_

on top of that, the lack of dumb joke finishers in this game is disappointing. With the babalities in MK9, I was really expecting friendships to be in this one. I REALLY hope they get added in, even though I know that's a very slim possibility.

I doubt it'll happen but there is apparently room for it given how Ed described it in this article

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...ate-we-want-mkx-be-fair-and-refined-possible/

"We've actually wired the game so we can not only download DLC characters, but stages, music — a whole bunch of different content," he said. "DLC stages are a possibility, but we haven't announced anything."

Boon later said DLC could even open the door for stage fatalities, although it's important to note he didn't promise this would happen, just that there's a possibility for it.

I'm assuming there's another way to unlock Khanum Mileena. That seems like far and away the most difficult unlockable costume in the game (at least for someone like me that sucks).

Nori Chan

Are you telling me it doesn't appear until I do that?

No, I'm saying you can unlock it that way instead of waiting for the chest.

And I've waited for a while for that to pop up so idk if that info is right

I'm assuming there's another way to unlock Khanum Mileena. That seems like far and away the most difficult unlockable costume in the game (at least for someone like me that sucks).

I just got it by beating 15 people in a row in endless. Didn't seem too hard. An easy cheese combo would be roll and uppercut. Easy 17%

Mortal Kombat's story mode is more engrossing than most games that allude to story-focused gameplay. It's a story that embraces its over-the-top video game nature, but manages to balence that with a story about the Cage family that is genuinely satisfying to watch from start to finish. Great for Mortal Kombat, but it makes some other developers look like an absolute joke given how much they push their stories.

Vice

I'm trying to figure out what the little Scorpion symbol next to moves on the move list means? Could anyone help me out?

Played my first matches online for xbone. Yeah, that was awful rofl. I couldn't even get specials out half the time and matches just degenerated into jumping around and uppercutting. Pure garbage. This game has like the weirdest, screwed up hitboxes I've ever seen

No, I'm saying you can unlock it that way instead of waiting for the chest.

And I've waited for a while for that to pop up so idk if that info is right

I just got it by beating 15 people in a row in endless. Didn't seem too hard. An easy cheese combo would be roll and uppercut. Easy 17%

Roll with who? Kano?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have both and PS4 is better looking and performing. I have PC everything maxed on 4770k and 780ti.

How can the ps4 version be better looking if you have everything maxed? At best it would be the same

Dr. Buni

Have anyone unlocked the revenant Liu Kang skin? If so, how?
I have both and PS4 is better looking and performing. I have PC everything maxed on 4770k and 780ti.
This doesn't make any sense.
Mortal Kombat's story mode is more engrossing than most games that allude to story-focused gameplay. It's a story that embraces its over-the-top video game nature, but manages to balence that with a story about the Cage family that is genuinely satisfying to watch from start to finish. Great for Mortal Kombat, but it makes some other developers look like an absolute joke given how much they push their stories.
I agree.

Furyous

Special Forces, we, are getting our asses kicked in invasion. Favorite character thus far is Cassie because her x-ray is painful. What currency is used to skip fights in story mode and how do I get more of it?

Who are the top tier characters thus far?

Jaeger

Yea, the story mode was hella enjoyable. It's like a summer blockbuster film" that plays to itself being fully aware of it's over the top nature, with lots of tongue n cheek dialogue. It just works.

Boy, people rage hard in this game when they get beaten.

I save a photo of every Quitality I earn, though. If only there were a way to record the salty audio that spews from these guys' microphones as well.

Dr. Buni

Finally find an opponent online and the match was perfectly smooth. It seemed like was playing offline. Well, except for the fact I couldn't even touch the opponent. Got destroyed like the scrub I am :p

ban25

Just installed the Samurai Pack on PS4 and now the game is crashing every time I launch it. Is this happening to anyone else?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So there's costumes in the krypt and in the towers? I'll start playing when theres a guide for all this shit :(

Just installed the Samurai Pack on PS4 and now the game is crashing every time I launch it. Is this happening to anyone else?

High Voltage at it again!

Wallach

Going to have to, unfortunately, switch from Kotal. Up against competent players (people who know how to block), he's just too slow.

I think you just need to play a mid-screen punish game with Kotal. Look for whiff punishes and potentially bait into mace parries. Unless you go War God you don't really have a safe way to end strings, he's pretty unsafe on offense in Blood/Sun God.

M_A_C

If you have the GPU grunt to downsample the PC port is obviously going to look better. Otherwise, they're identical.

How can the ps4 version be better looking if you have everything maxed? At best it would be the same

Have anyone unlocked the revenant Liu Kang skin? If so, how?

This doesn't make any sense.
I agree.

Just a bad port job by High Volatage, I guess, in my limited time with the versions.

Just a few things I've noticed so far, and not even taking into account the crashing issues (only happened to me once), the PC version is surprisingly limited in terms of graphical options, like only FXAA. And as Algebrah said, the PC version has things missing like walk animations on selection screen. Also the transistions from 60 fps to 30 fps is much more smooth on PS4.

Spades

I have an extra PAL Xbox One digital code for sale if anyone is looking for the game cheap. Check the B/S/T thread, or PM me!

Top Bottom