• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

TEH-CJ

Banned
Ok guys I managed to find the problem to all the issues I had with the input lag. It was my controller. Had an issues with the bluetooth and it was causing latency.

Now that I can mange to string some combos together. I made a small combo practice vid of subzero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cqSz5YAdo

really excited I am able to play this now )))

Inspired by a few recent combos by Tony-T, I messed around with a few variations of my own.

File this under.... "just because".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqORHlzZ4xY

Link to Tony's original video in my video description.

Still working on a Thunder God version of the same combos for comparable damage. So far no luck, since the TG version of the same moves have different properties.

Anyways, being able to use b+1,4 to extend combos is a great find. Not sure who gets credit, or if that's been a staple since MK9 for Raiden? IDK.

GravyButt

Man got so much homo hate mail for using Kung jin or w/e his name is online. Are people really that big of losers. Sorry I just whooped your ass (and I stink too) but seriously got some vicious hate mail for using a "gay" character. Sad.

Am I right in saying this game has a very high execution barrier?

I mean, it feels like the bread and butter combos in MKX are harder than the combos in other games that I would avoid because they're too unreliable.

Krejlooc

Banned
Man got so much homo hate mail for using Kung jin or w/e his name is online. Are people really that big of losers. Sorry I just whooped your ass (and I stink too) but seriously got some vicious hate mail for using a "gay" character. Sad.

Thats fucking lame. Kung jin is my main so far. He kicks ass as a fighter.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

you should embrace hate mail. Best part of modern fighting games imo.
mad that I haven't received any yet even though I be dominating. The anti gay stuff does suck though.

Krejlooc

Banned

I mean, it feels like the bread and butter combos in MKX are harder than the combos in other games that I would avoid because they're too unreliable.
I dont think the execution barrier is that high, but its timing is weird. You have to realize it uses a command buffer - just keep entering your commands without pause even if the animation isnt going, and you should be fine. Just keep track of when to actually pause in your commands to let the game catch up.

Dr. Buni

Lol, is that true? I guess I found my secondary character then. It helps his play style is great and his alt makes him look a lot better

bodine1231

I'm actually finding it easier than sf4. I seem to be able to wrap my head around the dial a combo system than performing frame links.

Nyx

Wow.... just wow...

Trickster

Uuuuuh, i litterally just got shot to death by a jacqui briggs player as Cassie myself. Just did the shooting move until I died, 2 rounds in a row. Everytime I block I get pushed further back, can't jump over it, my shot loses to it. I have no roll, no slide, no teleport, and the timing between each time she can do the shooting move is so small that I can barely unbock and move forward.???

edit - aaaand my game crashes again...

OmegaDL50

I'm actually finding it easier than sf4. I seem to be able to wrap my head around the dial a combo system than performing frame links.

I actually can pull off combos better in MKX than MK9 for some strange reason.

I think the connection between a 3 hit chain into a special move that launches, or launcher into a 3 hit chain with a finisher is MUCH more consistent.

With being able to turn off Negative Edge so you don't interrupt normals into a special unintentionally due to over lapping inputs, also changes things as well (I keep it on due to the reasons I state below)

However the community is going to need to decide on a standard for competitive play. Having one subset of people play with negative edge disabled, and the other play with it enabled. Although realisticly, the games defaults will likely be way it's going to be done at tournaments like NEC, Summer Jam / Winter Brawl, Final Round, and EVO.

Krejlooc

Banned
Uuuuuh, i litterally just got shot to death by a jacqui briggs player as Cassie myself. Just did the shooting move until I died, 2 rounds in a row. Everytime I block I get pushed further back, can't jump over it, my shot loses to it. I have no roll, no slide, no teleport, and the timing between each time she can do the shooting move is so small that I can barely unbock and move forward.???

edit - aaaand my game crashes again...

Walk forward, duck, walk forward, duck, walk forward, duck, etc.

I've never liked that about Netherealms games zoning is too strong in these games due to lack of movement options and how fast the player can get projectiles out and the pushback from blocking/taking damage from them is.

My connection is so fucked in this. Even in games set in my local area. I have an 11mpb connection for fuck sake and can stream Netflix in 1080p an hour ago but a 1vs1 is unplayable? I waited 20 minutes in a KOTH game, 10 seconds into the match it boots me out. Seriously?? I'm using ethernet too, not even on wifi.

Locust

What's the point of filling the krypt with brutalities and fatalities when unlocking them doesn't even add them to the move list or give you the inputs needed?

Deadly Alliance still has the best krypt unlockables :(

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Hey,

Can someone aid me a bit. I tried to link my wbid account on my mobile device. I have ios. When I click link wbid to local nothing happens. Was anybody able to resolve this issue? Thank you.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I feel like teleporters land out of my range though, and something like scorpio's teleport seems to have very quick recovery

I /think/ scorpions non mb teleport is about -14 on block? Plenty of time to wallop them with a longer ranged normal or a faster special.

Demoskinos

What's the point of filling the krypt with brutalities and fatalities when unlocking them doesn't even add them to the move list or give you the inputs needed?

Deadly Alliance still has the best krypt unlockables :(

It...does ad them to the movelist...

Holy crap, D'Vorah's ex bug has 140 frame advantage on hit.

I dont think the execution barrier is that high, but its timing is weird. You have to realize it uses a command buffer - just keep entering your commands without pause even if the animation isnt going, and you should be fine. Just keep track of when to actually pause in your commands to let the game catch up.

Yeah, I know about command buffering, it's just that with all the position changes and long strings of super fast inputs my fingers tend to get confused. lol

In my experience it's been fine. It's all just anecdotal evidence on both sides, but I guarantee you I've played more matches online than you have.

I've spent most of the past five years playing different fighting games online at least once a day, and this feels no different than USF4 netcode, which while not perfect, is more than serviceable.

Unless you're on the PC version, in which case lmao sucks to suck I guess.
I played a ring of 30 matches on PSN the other night and one of them was a little laggy. Like it had to mash the special move I wanted to do at a few points to make sure it worked. It was probably his connection. The rest were fine, I couldn't tell they were online. But one wasn't.

I can't believe this shit is happening in 2015. Ffs Nettherealm fix this shitty net code.

Is there a definitive guide somewhere out there detailing how to unlock every alternate costume?

Every Krypt guide out there is incomplete or inaccurate, plus a lot of costumes are unlockable outside of the Krypt.

Krejlooc

Banned
Yeah, I know about command buffering, it's just that with all the position changes and long strings of super fast inputs my fingers tend to get confused. lol

people keep telling me I'm crazy, but I find the MK stick really does help me out. It's different than normal fighting sticks, though, I think a typical street fighter layout would be very confusing for MK. The MK 5+1 stick makes sense.

OmegaDL50

people keep telling me I'm crazy, but I find the MK stick really does help me out. It's different than normal fighting sticks, though, I think a typical street fighter layout would be very confusing for MK. The MK 5+1 stick makes sense.

Well the LT / L2 and LB / L1 short cuts are actually just combinations of multiple button presses.

MK9 and MKX actually is a 5 button game (A 6th button in MK9 was used for Tag however). Despite some people with 6 button sticks think they need 7 buttons to properly play.

For example Stance Switch - LT / L2 is actually just a shortcut for FK + BK. by extension the X-Ray input is FK+BK+BL

The Throw Button - L1 / LB is another shortcut as well for FP + FK

So the traditional 5 button MK layout of

FP________BP
_____BL_____
FK________BK

Still works to this day.

Top Bottom