• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Spades

I have an extra code for the Xbox One version of Mortal Kombat X, if anyone still hasn't jumped in. It's a PAL code. Looking for £30 via PayPal, which will in turn give you an awesome weekend! ;)

Krejlooc

Banned
Well the LT / L2 and LB / L1 short cuts are actually just combinations of multiple button presses.

MK9 and MKX actually is a 5 button game (A 6th button in MK9 was used for Tag however). Despite some people with 6 button sticks think they need 7 buttons to properly play.

For example Stance Switch - LT / L2 is actually just a shortcut for FK + BK. by extension the X-Ray input is FK+BK+BL

The Throw Button - L1 / LB is another shortcut as well for FP + FK

So the traditional 5 button MK layout of

FP________BP
_____BL_____
FK________BK

Still works to this day.

Right, and that's how I play. But some people, for whatever reason, can't deal with hitting two buttons to interact, or 3 buttons to use an xray move, or whatever.

I grew up with the 5 (and, past mk3, 5+1) layout so it just feels right for mk with me. Only problem is that ibwoll still hit the wrong punch button for an uppercut sometimes - force of habit that I couldnt break even with mk9.

I think I'm gonna main Kenshi possesed variant with the ronin outfit he just looks badass and the move set has a lot of special attacks

OmegaDL50

Right, and that's how I play. But some people, for whatever reason, can't deal with hitting two buttons to interact, or 3 buttons to use an xray move, or whatever.

I grew up with the 5 (and, past mk3, 5+1) layout so it just feels right for mk with me. Only problem is that ibwoll still hit the wrong punch button for an uppercut sometimes - force of habit that I couldnt break even with mk9.

Ironically, I haven't heard any stick users complaining needing to hit 3 buttons in SF4 to do Ultras, or two buttons required for Throw or Focus, or even EX specials.

Yet 2 buttons to grab and 3 buttons for X-Ray is an issue? It is a very strange complaint, that I find unusual.

Xenthar

Any reason to stick with a faction? Would rather swap to LK since they're gonna win this week. Already level 50 white lotus.

Also, will I lose my borders/icons/backgrounds etc if I drop WL?

Quoting because i'd like to know what happen if i go LK too. I'm close to lvl 50 White Lotus.

Marvel

could never
Erron Black needs more outfits.

I have an extra code for the Xbox One version of Mortal Kombat X, if anyone still hasn't jumped in. It's a PAL code. Looking for £30 via PayPal, which will in turn give you an awesome weekend! ;)

I've seen you post this here about 4-5 times now, keep trying the buy/trade thread or sell the code on eBay or something. Not trying to be rude but so far you've had no luck here.

Yousefb

I'm loving the Kenshi possessed variant! So badass. Definitely still need practice though I got my ass handed to me by a Kotal Khan like 4 timea in a row last night lol.

So if any of you guys feel like playing with not so skilled yet player add me on psn!
Id: usefbehbeh

Erron Black needs more outfits.

Dude he needs a full on duster coat
LOTWOutfit.jpg

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Companion app and game both linked to account but unlocks not showing not even Mime Johnny Cage theres something up with it

Have you logged out on the main menu on the game then logged back in? Mine weren't unlocking either but once I did this both Raidens and Cages costumes unlocked.

Have you logged out on the main menu on the game then logged back in? Mine weren't unlocking either but once I did this both Raidens and Cages costumes unlocked.

Tried a few times when i logged in the first time i got the game got Future Raiden and ever since got nothing i got a ton of unlocks on the mobile app theres something up with it

Is there any official word on the crypt lever bug? (The levers can't be activated in the spider cave...very common bug at the moment).

I literally can't progress and unlock the content I want.

man, story mode is so dumb.

way to make these badass-looking characters seem like a bunch of whiny brats with shit character models....

and the bonus is that we get to see on-disc characters that we'll get to pay for in future DLC!

Kano and Jax are so goddamn fun. I haven't even played my old MK9 main Kung Lao more than a couple of times. Just need to quickly go through Jax's ladder so I can get dat tournament Jax goodness. Maybe see if my average ass connection can handle the online too.

Krejlooc

Banned
Ironically, I haven't heard any stick users complaining needing to hit 3 buttons in SF4 to do Ultras, or two buttons required for Throw or Focus, or even EX specials.

Yet 2 buttons to grab and 3 buttons for X-Ray is an issue? It is a very strange complaint, that I find unusual.

I completely agree. I dont get the complaint at all.

But then again, I took to the stick immediately.

ACH1LL3US

I have both and PS4 is better looking and performing. I have PC everything maxed on 4770k and 780ti.

How is this possible? I am playing on a 48 inch 4k Samsung and Titan X and MKX in Native 4k maxed out at 60fps looks significantly better then the PS4 version.... The PS4 versions isnt using 16AF either and on the PC you can do that so textures further away look alot clearer, especially in 4K.

Is there any official word on the crypt lever bug? (The levers can't be activated in the spider cave...very common bug at the moment).

I literally can't progress and unlock the content I want.
I uninstalled my game then reinstalled it. The door automatically opened. Your save would be fine too.

galvatron

Well the LT / L2 and LB / L1 short cuts are actually just combinations of multiple button presses.

MK9 and MKX actually is a 5 button game (A 6th button in MK9 was used for Tag however). Despite some people with 6 button sticks think they need 7 buttons to properly play.

For example Stance Switch - LT / L2 is actually just a shortcut for FK + BK. by extension the X-Ray input is FK+BK+BL

The Throw Button - L1 / LB is another shortcut as well for FP + FK

So the traditional 5 button MK layout of

FP________BP
_____BL_____
FK________BK

Still works to this day.

Think I'll try that. Just have to figure out what the interact command is since the on-screen prompts don't change even if you reassign the button.

people keep telling me I'm crazy, but I find the MK stick really does help me out. It's different than normal fighting sticks, though, I think a typical street fighter layout would be very confusing for MK. The MK 5+1 stick makes sense.
Yeah, I can't get behind MKX on my Street Fighter layout Arcade stick. I find the controller to be the best configuration, to be honest. Add to that fact that MKX doesn't allow for certain buttons to be set to "no input," every button on the arcade stick has to do something. It makes it even more confusing for me to figure out a good button layout.

Kei-

Posted once earlier, but I thought I'd try again. If any one has an extra Goro code, or one they don't want, I wold greatly appreciate it.

I pre-ordered from Dell because I had gift cards, butI didn't receive a code for Goro. I contacted WB games and was told the codes were given to the retailers to give out with pre-orders, and Dell had no idea about the codes when I asked. As far as I know, the Goro pre-order code wasn't retailer-specific, was it?

zlatko

Banned
Does anyone need D'vorah combos?

I've got some solid tech after a hour with her in training.

36%+ full screen, mid screen, anywhere no meter.

If you use meter you can break 40%. Best part? All of this is BRAIN DEAD EASY.

In the corner with 3 bars I've got close to 60% going into x ray. Plus... she can confirm full screen off bugs. DO NOT GET BUG HIT if you play against her. EX version is a guaranteed full screen 40% combo if she spends a bar to bop you with 1 bug. Ludacris.

Dr. Buni

What is the best use for Jin's Bo Flame? I was playing a bit with his Bojutsu variation but I still think I like Ancestral better.
Does anyone need D'vorah combos?

I've got some solid tech after a hour with her in training.

36%+ full screen, mid screen, anywhere no meter.

If you use meter you can break 40%. Best part? All of this is BRAIN DEAD EASY.

In the corner with 3 bars I've got close to 60% going into x ray. Plus... she can confirm full screen off bugs. DO NOT GET BUG HIT if you play against her. EX version is a guaranteed full screen 40% combo if she spends a bar to bop you with 1 bug. Ludacris.
Me. I am trying to main her so any help with combos is appreciated.

Shouta

Got to play some casuals in person yesterday, way more fun than online as I could actually hit combos. i definitely need to grind out and learn strings and better damaging combos too. My simple stuff was decent damage but i need to maximize when i land a hit.

Not too different from VF, lol

zlatko

Banned
What is the best use for Jin's Bo Flame? I was playing a bit with his Bojutsu variation but I still think I like Ancestral better.

Me. I am trying to main her so any help with combos is appreciated.

I'm unsure how useful all of these are in a real match, but the variant I use is Swarm Queen.

Easy combo mid screen(this is using PS4 controls) is Forward Circle, Circle, Forward Circle, Circle Cancel into Down Back Circle.

Triangle, Square, Triangle, cancelled into down back square, move forward a slight bit, neutral jump triangle, forward X, circle, mash grab. (You may get a variant where she pokes them through the back as a grab, or you'll get a standard grab as they are coming back down)

Forward Circle, Circle, Forward X, Circle, Throw.

----- The above can be done with a jump in as well. Use Triangle button jump in----

Next up we have starting off bug. You can use a bug mid screen, down forward square to make it come out, into the above combos. If you have 1 meter, and even if you are full screen, you can do it off the ex version off the bug. No need to run, her normal dash is fast enough to get you there from full screen fast before the stun delay is gone.

Corner combos----

Forward Circle, Circle repeat x3. Do this 3 times fast, can be cancelled into down back circle, or ex version of that as well. Great damage. Brain dead easy.

Next up, is the X ray in corner
Forward Circle, Circle Repeat x3, into Xray = close to 60% damage. GET REKT!

Normal mid screen X ray combo variants:

Those top 3 combos can all be cancelled into X-ray at various times. I personally mid screen it with:

Triangle, Square, Triangle, cancel into down back square, NO NEUTRAL JUMP, instead do the forward X, circle, triangle, square, triangle, X-ray.

Playing around with those 3 combos is as far as I've gotten.

I've tried doing some combos where you jump into the air, hit triangle, then do her air grab, but it's a bit trickier, and you don't get more damage then previous ones I mentioned.

One last one you can do is also towards X, circle, Towards X, circle, throw.

If you want a swag air throw combo. Do triangle, square, triangle, neutral jump, jump towards triangle, grab. Timing is tough. You may want to drop the jump towards triangle, and just do air grab after the neutral jump.

Altairre

Finally got a chance to play this. I want to main Cassie but it seems most of her combos require run cancels, at least midscreen. Managed to get it down well enough in training mode but it's gonna take some practice if I want to pull that stuff off consistently in matches.

Finally got a chance to play this. I want to main Cassie but it seems most of her combos require run cancels, at least midscreen. Managed to get it down well enough in training mode but it's gonna take some practice if I want to pull that stuff off consistently in matches.

Run cancels are such an awful and clunky mechanic. I try to avoid any character that relies heavily on them.

There's a really big Raiden combo I'm trying to learn that involves a small window of trying to run cancel, then quickly switching into a string that requires holding backwards.

Frustrating to say the least.

zlatko

Banned

Which variant?

I have some no run cancel combos with her for brawler.

Dr. Buni

I'm unsure how useful all of these are in a real match, but the variant I use is Swarm Queen.

Easy combo mid screen(this is using PS4 controls) is Forward Circle, Circle, Forward Circle, Circle Cancel into Down Back Circle.

Triangle, Square, Triangle, cancelled into down back square, move forward a slight bit, neutral jump triangle, forward X, circle, mash grab. (You may get a variant where she pokes them through the back as a grab, or you'll get a standard grab as they are coming back down)

Forward Circle, Circle, Forward X, Circle, Throw.

----- The above can be done with a jump in as well. Use Triangle button jump in----

Next up we have starting off bug. You can use a bug mid screen, down forward square to make it come out, into the above combos. If you have 1 meter, and even if you are full screen, you can do it off the ex version off the bug. No need to run, her normal dash is fast enough to get you there from full screen fast before the stun delay is gone.

Corner combos----

Forward Circle, Circle repeat x3. Do this 3 times fast, can be cancelled into down back circle, or ex version of that as well. Great damage. Brain dead easy.

Next up, is the X ray in corner
Forward Circle, Circle Repeat x3, into Xray = close to 60% damage. GET REKT!

Normal mid screen X ray combo variants:

Those top 3 combos can all be cancelled into X-ray at various times. I personally mid screen it with:

Triangle, Square, Triangle, cancel into down back square, NO NEUTRAL JUMP, instead do the forward X, circle, triangle, square, triangle, X-ray.

Playing around with those 3 combos is as far as I've gotten.

I've tried doing some combos where you jump into the air, hit triangle, then do her air grab, but it's a bit trickier, and you don't get more damage then previous ones I mentioned.

One last one you can do is also towards X, circle, Towards X, circle, throw.

If you want a swag air throw combo. Do triangle, square, triangle, neutral jump, jump towards triangle, grab. Timing is tough. You may want to drop the jump towards triangle, and just do air grab after the neutral jump.
Thanks a lot. I will try those asap. Just a question, but how do you cancel commands? Like "circle cancel" you said.
And Reptile too.

I'm pretty sure someone, somewhere cares about them lol
Oh haha, I even forgot Reptile was one of Kotal Kahn's followers. I actually like Ferra/Torr and I was disappointed they had next to no importance in the story mode.

zlatko

Banned
Thanks a lot. I will try those asap. Just a question, but how do you cancel commands? Like "circle cancel" you said.

Oh haha, I even forgot Reptile was one of Kotal Kahn's followers. I actually like Ferra/Torr and I was disappointed they had next to no importance in the story mode.

Are you familiar with Street Fighter for example? Easiest thing in that game for a cancel is if you are Ryu, you do a crouching Medium kick, and input the fireball motion to get a 2 hit combo if you do it fast enough.

Same premise here. The input for the move has to be done fast. So the down back circle has to be done lightning fast for it to connect.

Top Bottom