• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorsports |OT| of Endurance Racing, Nascar, Rally, Sportscars, MotoGP, etc

Chris R

2015 schedule out for NASCAR. Nothing big other than a few swapped dates :| Nationwide still with the extra road course races and Trucks with the stupid month long breaks between races at the start of the season. At least the trucks will still head up to Mosport.

B.K.

Trucks with the stupid month long breaks between races at the start of the season. At least the trucks will still head up to Mosport.

I wish they would either delay the start of the Truck Series season or go to more tracks. I like the trucks, but it's too hard to keeping up with their schedule. I never know when they're racing.

http://instagram.com/p/sTornECxfJ/

BIG ass crash! No serious injury from the sounds of things

It may be a necessary evil racing Indy cars at places like California and Texas, but doesn't mean I can't hate it. Indianapolis aside, a disproportionate amount of bad shit goes down at these places.

I think that was the DW12's first foray into the catchfence, and it looks like it held up pretty well, so at least there's that... EDIT: Forgot about Dario.

Chris R

So I take back what I said about serious injuries.

Apparently: fractured ribs, broken right clavicle, concussion and chest injuries. He's listed in serious but stable condition.

Big congrats to Will Power, about time he got it done. He's been the class of the field for so long now but still managed to find ways of not winning it!

will-power-o.gif

Business

Love Marquez but I can't help feeling the last overtake was a bit too harsh. Lorenzo's move on the previous corner was harsh too but it was fair. Marquez made Lorenzo totally get out of the way to avoid contact.

Congratulations to Will Power! That was a long time coming, brother.

78IXQi3.jpg

I almost fell out of my chair when he decided to pass the front of the field around the bottom of the track, but hey, he's always had a flair for the dramatic.

*I almost fell out of my chair anyway because somehow Indycar thinks it's good idea conclude the title deciding finale at 1:30am est.*

I can't wait for next year. A frankly ridiculous six months away, but with the aero kits, Mosport, Dubai?, Brazil? It'll be exciting, I'm sure of it.

I'm going to watch the MGP race here in a minute.

Branson

Damn, NASCAR puts on better road racing than most full time series do. It's a shame Sprint Cup can't break out of the grasp that the tracks have on them.

Shaneus

Big congrats to Will Power, about time he got it done. He's been the class of the field for so long now but still managed to find ways of not winning it!

will-power-o.gif
I didn't realise this post indicated he won the series... just thought it was a race win. Glad to hear it's actually making news via various media here in Australia! Hope he seems like a great person to win it and not some Schumacher-like inscrutable, robotic(ish) driver.

Chris R

They just need to ban Harvick from this race to make it worth watching. At least the Truck race had a good ending.

Chris R

Missed the race, but: whoa, Danica with a legit top 10???

Staying out of trouble, decent pit strategy helped, also getting the lucky dog after being lapped early.

Hoping the new chase format doesn't suck. The pre-chase stuff has been pretty good so far but the elimination stuff could blow up in NASCAR's face...

Watched the highlights from Rallye Deutschland. Dat Day 3.

Felt so heart broken for Latvala. Come on man, last day and you're 1 min ahead of the rest you just had to bring it home as carefully as possible. Meeke afterwards too, just bizarre.

Watched the highlights from Rallye Deutschland. Dat Day 3.

Felt so heart broken for Latvala. Come on man, last day and you're 1 min ahead of the rest you just had to bring it home as carefully as possible. Meeke afterwards too, just bizarre.
that Neuville crash at the begining was massive. And he won the rally at the end. who would have thought.

B.K.

A caution because security is going after an idiot trying to climb over the fence in turn four and get onto the track. That's a new one.

This is the year the drive for five will be completed. Jimmie looks off. I say it again: Everham came back to Hendrick to give Jeff another title.

Those guys are mad. When you get to say to yourself "thank God I was dragged down the strip by my leg at 175mph", you know for certain you're fit to be tied. Take a seat with the guy on top of the catch fence :p

Jezbollah

Holy shit, did his foot get stuck in the other guy's bike? Is he okay?

Apart from a twisted or maybe broken ankle, the guy was fine (as is the other rider). He could have easily gone under that bike which would not have been good at all.

TylerD

Thanks for the invite Tyler!

original

#Drivefor5

You're welcome! Not a bad pick. I was hoping Larson could make it but it was not to be.

Have you been to any Cup races? I have been to Texas twice and want to do Bristol and maybe Dega next year. My company has a base in Birmingham so I can probably crash with someone but I'm not so sure that I would enjoy super speedway racing in person.

My first time at Texas I gained massive respect for the talent and skill required watching them slide around turn 4. It is a hell of a good show. Made me a much bigger fan but I have watched since Terry Labonte was racing the cornflakes car, I'm 31 now.

#JrNation

I mean, this year is his shot to win the title. Just needs some luck, like all the other contenders in this stupid-ass format.

Bandit1

#JrNation

Just needs some luck, like all the other contenders in this stupid-ass format.

You said it. I was complaining a couple days ago in the automotive thread that a driver could run good all year, make the chase, but then have a little bad luck in the first couple races and get knocked out, and then win the rest of the races with no shot at the title. It 's ridiculous.

You're welcome! Not a bad pick. I was hoping Larson could make it but it was not to be.

Have you been to any Cup races? I have been to Texas twice and want to do Bristol and maybe Dega next year. My company has a base in Birmingham so I can probably crash with someone but I'm not so sure that I would enjoy super speedway racing in person.

My first time at Texas I gained massive respect for the talent and skill required watching them slide around turn 4. It is a hell of a good show. Made me a much bigger fan but I have watched since Terry Labonte was racing the cornflakes car, I'm 31 now.

When I was younger I was a huge NASCAR/Jeff Gordon fan. I collected the die cast cars, wore Gordon shirts to school, the whole 9 yards. Anyway my dad can do just about anything car-related and he's always buying/building/selling cars and trucks. He's a Gordon fan too, so one of the trucks he built he painted like Gordon's race car.

We took it to four races, two in Kansas, (the first two, 01-02 I believe) and two in Texas! (Same years) Gordon won both of the Kansas races we went to which was really awesome, and as a 12 or 13 year old it was just the coolest thing ever, like a dream come true.

We're not as big into it as we used to be, but we still watch it every week. Sold the truck :(

Anyway that's my story :p when were you at Texas? I think Bristol would be a really fun one to go to but Talladega might be too stressful for me lol.

Top Bottom