• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift |OT|

James-Ape

show some balls, man
I picked this up yesterday and have been playing for the past few hours, here's some thoughts:

-The game starts you on probably the worst looking 2 tracks I have seen so far, I'm not sure they look bad in all conditions, because lighting can have an effect on these tracks, but when i started playing i thought it looked like a downgrade from the original.

After moving to the water, fire and air zones, I was relieved to find this game is actually very beautiful.

-Some of the tracks are really nice, i can't remember the names just yet, but Rain God Spires which i just finished was great (I'm really hoping for more levels on the Grizzley/Sidewinder side of things)

-machine handling in tighter

- why can't i but e brake on the square button? it's feels unnatural having to use the circle to brake for me

So far so good anyway, definitely a step up from the original

Doc Evils

fum41w.jpg

2vx4lde.jpg

14y1l03.jpg

2is77eo.jpg

znsmcx.jpg

k3nghx.jpg

Butt Sex
j8yvex.jpg

Slaylock

djtortilla said:
this sucks

you can't play custom soundtracks when playing online!

I can't believe its due to technical reasons
As I understand it, custom soundtracks through the XMB and voice chat both use the same audio channel, so developers have to choose one or the other, not both.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
djtortilla said:
this sucks

you can't play custom soundtracks when playing online!

I can't believe its due to technical reasons
Could it be due to licensing or MPAA restrictions.

Slaylock said:
As I understand it, custom soundtracks through the XMB and voice chat both use the same audio channel, so developers have to choose one or the other, not both.
What about Warhawk? That has got xmb custom tracks and voice chat...

crispyben

Bajan32 said:
Fuck this game man....
Rank 6 Razor Back Racing truck is the biggest pile of shit cheating assfuckery I've ever seen in my whole god damn life...
I finally got gold on this, damn it feels good! I can confirm the first lap is meaningless, just be sure to be at least 6th. Then take the suggested route, boost parcimoniously (after the big jump, I go low on the right then boost back up, jump a little boost through the water and up the inclination, then I boost in the corner, not in the straightaway, corner, and boost till the finish line) and take that last corner as best as you can. I did not make a perfect run, yet I won it in something like 3'42"83. Keep at it!

Flek

Banned
i got the game today and i really like it BUT could it be that the vehicles handle a lot harder than in the first one? Even the motorbikes can be a real bitch sometimes :/

Jim

crispyben said:
I finally got gold on this, damn it feels good! I can confirm the first lap is meaningless, just be sure to be at least 6th. Then take the suggested route, boost parcimoniously (after the big jump, I go low on the right then boost back up, jump a little boost through the water and up the inclination, then I boost in the corner, not in the straightaway, corner, and boost till the finish line) and take that last corner as best as you can. I did not make a perfect run, yet I won it in something like 3'42"83. Keep at it!

I'm stuck on the Razorback Rank 7 race that requires the racing truck. What a pain. I can keep 1st through the entire race, and somewhere after that incline near the end where you enter the cave/big drop, the bastard gets unlimited boost seemingly and always gets me by 2 seconds.

I usually drop down in the cave at the end, and squeeze through the little opening at the far right (with the destructable stalactite) with a handbrake slide. The CPU usually goes to the left a bit and takes the wooden ramp. He over takes just before that.

Anyone have any better routes?

Flek said:
i got the game today and i really like it BUT could it be that the vehicles handle a lot harder than in the first one? Even the motorbikes can be a real bitch sometimes :/

I think the vehicles are much more predictable in PR. Just give it some time.

El-Suave

As I play (still early in the game, won 6-7 races in each zone) and discover new tracks I keep asking myself how are they going to top this in terms of environment variety?

For MS3 I would love to have some Smuggler's Run mode/features meaning a more open world not limited to specific tracks. I thought of that probably because the smoking gates in the Speed tickets remind me of SR a bit.

Flek

Banned
El-Suave said:
As I play (still early in the game, won 6-7 races in each zone) and discover new tracks I keep asking myself how are they going to top this in terms of environment variety?

For MS3 I would love to have some Smuggler's Run mode/features meaning a more open world not limited to specific tracks. I thought of that probably because the smoking gates in the Speed tickets remind me of SR a bit.

god i would love them to do a game based on race to dakar. <3 Got fuck i so want to watch this again now (i love race to dakar and long way round <3 <3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fatr4h25yE4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjOYAcPDhfs&feature=related

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bajan32 said:
Fuck this game man....
Rank 6 Razor Back Racing truck is the biggest pile of shit cheating assfuckery I've ever seen in my whole god damn life....

Im so god damn pissed right now..
Well over 300 races or so and i cant get higher than silver...
15 asshats all gunning to make you crash... they all take perfect corners and dont get me started on the fact that this track was made for Big rigs and Monster trucks, none of which i can use..

OMG if my Set up wasnt so god damn expensive something would have been broken by now.
i can run a perfect lap and get 1st on lap one...after that all shit breaks loose and no matter what route, angle, boost usage, luck, prayer and faith I try i cant do this shit.

I was having way too much fun w/ this game..all golds...then this race..

FUCK THIS IM GOING BACK TO VALKYRIA CHRONICLES.
I understand how you feel...
Seiken said:
Okay, as a hardcore MS fan, I can say that I'm liking the game. It's definitely better in every aspect. Golding everything until level 7 has been easy, now it's starting to piss me off (Racing Truck Razorback festival race). Never in my life have I seen AI that cheats as much as they do. Heck, it's fun, I admit. But you know, after 1 ½ hour of tries, I really would like my #1 (probably my tenth time I've been first place until the last 3-4 seconds of the race, the rubberband gets frikkin ridiculous)
Now that I've taken a break from this game for 1 week (thank God for WotLK), I'm considering starting it up again. Sheesh, it's so much fun but damn, that rubberband ain't jokin' around.

This is one of those games that keeps nagging me to buy it. While I can resist Resistance and Little Big Planet, Motorstorm keeps coming up as something I'd like to own. John Davidson's glowing revue might have played a role in that.

Bajan32

into this M*****F***ing piece of shit bullshit and now matter what they wont give me my gold medal..
This is beyond ridiculous, this is just absurd. I can understand losing based on skill, i can understand sometimes shit happens and victory just escapes your grasp, and i understand that shit aint supposed to be easy....

but THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!, every fucking try its some bullshit, get run over, flipped, crush, out driven, out turboed, out numbered and out of fucking luck...
take the fastest route possible, drive perfect 2 laps, last jump look down at one of the AI drivers about 3 secs ahead by some magic fucking bullshit then watch them hit turbo nonstop to the end while i gotta figure out how to line up that last run up the stream so i dont blow the fuck up trying to hold onto 2nd....

Im sorry but all the fun left this fucking game for me...i realized i wasnt even smiling, laughing, crying or anything.. just sitting there racing over and over and over hoping to pull off a god damn miracle.......

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bajan try calming down, I also was in erge of destroying everything in my house in that exact same stage. Calm down, take a break like I did.

Bajan32 said:
into this M*****F***ing piece of shit bullshit and now matter what they wont give me my gold medal..
This is beyond ridiculous, this is just absurd. I can understand losing based on skill, i can understand sometimes shit happens and victory just escapes your grasp, and i understand that shit aint supposed to be easy....

but THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!, every fucking try its some bullshit, get run over, flipped, crush, out driven, out turboed, out numbered and out of fucking luck...
take the fastest route possible, drive perfect 2 laps, last jump look down at one of the AI drivers about 3 secs ahead by some magic fucking bullshit then watch them hit turbo nonstop to the end while i gotta figure out how to line up that last run up the stream so i dont blow the fuck up trying to hold onto 2nd....

Im sorry but all the fun left this fucking game for me...i realized i wasnt even smiling, laughing, crying or anything.. just sitting there racing over and over and over hoping to pull off a god damn miracle.......

You're gonna have a heart attack dude, I do remember some crap like that on the 1st Motorstorm, I never got all tickets in that game.

TabSel

I was playing all night until 4:00am or so. Rank 7 Razorback Elimination Race with the bike... no chance for me... How are you supposed to win gold on this event???

MS:pR is awesome, it's like playing a CGI render video, I enjoy it so much, but I can't win gold on this event :-(

Anyone got gold there? How did you achieve this?

crispyben

TabSel said:
I was playing all night until 4:00am or so. Rank 7 Razorback Elimination Race with the bike... no chance for me... How are you supposed to win gold on this event???

MS:pR is awesome, it's like playing a CGI render video, I enjoy it so much, but I can't win gold on this event :-(

Anyone got gold there? How did you achieve this?
What's the event's name? Is it the one with the monster trucks and the bike?

Lolllers...
That rAzorback RAcing truck lvl 7 stage was fuck easy.
You all SUCK!
Best way to win is to
hold up the smaller cars for the first lap at all cost. crash into them, make them take corners wide hold them up behind you, and let the trucks get a healthy lead. on the 2nd lap. GUN IT!! the smaller cars are the only ones that can keep up but since you have a nice cluster of trucks infront of you it will make it harder for them (the smaller,faster cars) to overtake you, and it should be relatively easy for you to overtake the trucks after the waterfall.

Enjoy.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I been playing the demo more than my retail copies of LBP and Saint's Row 2. :( I need this game soon. I told myself I could wait for a price drop or a used copy... but I'm not sure I can...

Bajan32

im gonna give this another go...
Sorry i was so unhinged, ill keep trying till i get this, for some reason i have to get the gold on this and im not doing any other race till i do.

cant remember the last time a game has made its bitch like this lol

Bajan32

I DID IT....
I fucking won by 2 seconds..i dont know how, but i did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah again .. forgive the meltdown.

I shit you guys not..i must have done this race well over 400 tries.
sounds pathetic i know, but now i no have to touch it again.

Flek

Banned
what the heck is wrong with online rangking going up and down like its outa controll. Ive played a shitload of online ranged races today but my rang got up and down (!). Yes thats right one time i placed 4 its gone down from 50 to 20 or something like this. Then i placed 2 and it gone up to 60 again. The funy thing it actually unlocked a video while going DOWN WHAT?

edbrat

Love the online, stopping me from doing the tickets damnit! Has an awesome level of chaos in the racing, really loving it.

G-Bus

Banned
jett said:
SD GAMING REPRESENT :rock

Haha, yea.. :( Going HD around Christmas some time. Just waiting for a good deal. It's torture going from my friends 48" 1080P set to my 28" SD.

what the heck is wrong with online rangking going up and down like its outa controll. Ive played a shitload of online ranged races today but my rang got up and down (!). Yes thats right one time i placed 4 its gone down from 50 to 20 or something like this. Then i placed 2 and it gone up to 60 again. The funy thing it actually unlocked a video while going DOWN WHAT?

Yea, you want to finish 1-3 all the time if you want to see your rank shoot up. As you get higher in rank you get less and less points for 1st. Rank 3 (or 4, veteran. What ever that one is.) silver I'm getting 7 points for 1st place. 4th gets me nothing and I think 5th and down makes me lose points. Getting to Rank 6 (legend) online is going to take a lot of time.

Not completely sure on this point thing because it's changed for me depending on how many people were in the race.

This game blows me away. The graphics are amazing and possibly better than anything I've seen this year. Gave this less than 9 out of 10? You're dead to me.

ty_hot

If dollar didn't reach the sky I would buy it, 3 months ago I could buy a game for R$100, now, because of the dollar, can't pay less than R$160... Why before Xmas? WHY? :'(

Flek

Banned
G-Bus said:
Yea, you want to finish 1-3 all the time if you want to see your rank shoot up. As you get higher in rank you get less and less points for 1st. Rank 3 (or 4, veteran. What ever that one is.) silver I'm getting 7 points for 1st place. 4th gets me nothing and I think 5th and down makes me lose points. Getting to Rank 6 (legend) online is going to take a lot of time.

Not completely sure on this point thing because it's changed for me depending on how many people were in the race.

well thats actually a downer imo. I think taking away points sucks big times...the could just not give you any if you place bad but taking them away ... mhew

ty_hot said:
If dollar didn't reach the sky I would buy it, 3 months ago I could buy a game for R$100, now, because of the dollar, can't pay less than R$160... Why before Xmas? WHY? :'(

its obamas fault. Nomore cheap ass us imports :(

Top Bottom