• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift |OT|

I played online once so far. I basically crashed 3 times in the first minute, so I decided I needed to get alot farther in the single player to know the maps alot better. Then try to play some online games.

AFreak said:
So if you fucking love the demo, you'll love the full game ven more? I don't know if I can take that much awesome and win.

I think the demo hate is a little overstated. Its a reasonable sample of the core gameplay and you get to try out a couple vehicles. It just happens to be an early build visually, and Spires is probably the drabbest track in the game to begin with.

Not sure why they picked that track for the demo, my only guess is the more complex courses were even further behind at the time and they had to get something out. Waiting to put out a proper demo with something like The Edge or maybe Kanaloa Bay would've been a better choice though.

Orobi

Goldrusher said:
Finally have it, wow !!! Wow !

2s6rbj6.jpg

Wow! :O

Dibbz

Flunkie said:
Yes. Exponentially.

I've been playing for five hours straight now. Almost all that time has been spent online. This is my first day playing online.. and I'm really impressed. I didn't know it was this good and this polished. MS1's online was kind of barebones, this is just awesomeness. :)
Online really is awesome. I'm glad they ditched the lobby system for matchmaking. It's funny how the game throws odd vehicals/track combos now and again. I played a Big Rig only race on Wildfire the other day :lol Was so fun.

robot

So finally got to really sit down and play this, and holy shit what a huge step up from the original. I will probably post more detailed impressions and wtf moments later on but for now just a couple of shots during my first attempt at photo mode. It's game's like this that make a system worth owning.

MSPR_trev04_4_1.jpg

MSPR_trev04_5.jpg

MSPR_trev04_2.jpg

Goldrusher

2v921dz.jpg

Not bad for a first try...

(You can do the same, take two screenshots as if you're looking through a left and right eye, so move the camera a little bit horizontally between taking the two shots. Then merge them with Anamaker and tweak the horizontal position a little until it looks perfect.)

GodofWine

CryptiK said:
Please tell me the screenshots dont do this game justice.

No, in motion is just insane...but you talk like the screen shots look piss poor, surely they do not. But even with the game being stunning, the actual play is the defining feature, its just awesome fun to play.

M_A_C

GodofWine said:
Voice Chat
Very good, seemed like it wasn't picking my mic up, I wanted a sensitivity adjustment, I had to be loud to see my name pop up on the who's talking. Very little lag in voice.

Just tried to play this with a buddy tonight and we were getting very irritated that we basically had to be yelling to get the mics to pickup that we were talking. I have the official Sony mic to. Any way to fix this?

M_A_C said:
Just tried to play this with a buddy tonight and we were getting very irritated that we basically had to be yelling to get the mics to pickup that we were talking. I have the official Sony mic to. Any way to fix this?

Don't talk;)

Voicechat in MSPR sounds very loud and irritating, even when someone isn't yelling or grieving.

Tried to experiment with photomode and wiggler.

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Example 4

The quality of the effect depends on where you put the mouse on the animation. I think it worked out okay. It's a bit straining for the eyes though.

Dazzyman

Just got into this big time yesterday after finishing Last Remnant. Was saving it for xmas but the piles got big so this was the first one to try basically abit of buyers remorse with worry of the demo.

Echo sentiments of everyone really. I had the beta demo and thought it was meh. Im not a huge MS1 fan (got it on JPN launch) as didnt like the rubber band ai and of course didnt get into the online side of it.

Basically they shouldnt have put the demo out as it makes you say f* me with in 5mins of the gorgeous graphics and gameplay. Just feels much tighter in controls now and the track design is fantastic. Ive done about 40 golds far (12 each on first 3 just starting on bottom set of jaws tracks) and the AI is definetly better.

I always whinged about MS1 being very basic race to first or restart as a old throw back arcade game and for me with 1 lack of tracks got tiresome but I honestly dont care with 2 as it plays so damn good, the tracks are just such an improvement and was playing it till 4am for one more go (never got that with 1).

Cant wait to get stuck into online when Ive sussed the tracks out abit more.

If anyone in UK/Europe is up for a game add Dazzyman :)

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
so im Gold on all events:D , but some events(5 of them i think) are still lock

im guessing i have to up my Online Ranking to unlock them right?

~Devil Trigger~ said:
so im Gold on all events:D , but some events(5 of them i think) are still lock

im guessing i have to up my Online Ranking to unlock them right?

In some of the events you will have noticed a special rule, like a crash limit of 3 or a time limit.
To unlock these events you must beat that special rule.
Every ticket with a special rule is stamped and once you've beaten it that stamp will disappear so it's easy to know which ticket you must complete.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
CurlySaysX said:
In some of the events you will have noticed a special rule, like a crash limit of 3 or a time limit.
To unlock these events you must beat that special rule.
Every ticket with a special rule is stamped and once you've beaten it that stamp will disappear so it's easy to know which ticket you must complete.

oh snap, thanks. More excuses to play

I do think that progression is a bit slow. In the end you have to scrounge together points to progress through the game. And even with 16 tracks it feels like you have seen it all before. Having to finish 3 laps instead of 2 doesn't change much either. The AI has been set up in such a way that only in the last lap it is decided whether you finish first.

EktorPR

I'm so glad to see this thread alive and kicking after two months of the game being out. :D

Can't wait to finally sink my teeth into this game again, after having fixed my trophy-related bug (that impeded me to play the game) the other day.

Ploid 3.0

Goldrusher said:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2v921dz.jpg

Not bad for a first try...

(You can do the same, take two screenshots as if you're looking through a left and right eye, so move the camera a little bit horizontally between taking the two shots. Then merge them with [URL="http://www.stereoeye.jp/software/index_e.html"]Anamaker[/URL] and tweak the horizontal position a little until it looks perfect.)[/QUOTE]

Hah Motorstorm 2 is 3d compatible already. No need for waiting on 2009. Oh wait you edited it. Also I can only see out of one eye :( Death to 3D specs.

I just downloaded the demo, having fun with it, took me while to get used it since it's drastically different than the first.

Is the full game this hard? it took me 15 races to finally get third.

Rapping Granny said:
I just downloaded the demo, having fun with it, took me while to get used it since it's drastically different than the first.

Is the full game this hard? it took me 15 races to finally get third.

Hard? Well this pic is a good representation of how the odds are stacked against you.

3127166357_39c67621ae.jpg

i think im on level 5, its starting to get pretty damn tough, the AI is just juicing the shit out of their boost and you have to do the same plus know the road ways.

GodofWine

TrAcEr_x90 said:
I played online once so far. I basically crashed 3 times in the first minute, so I decided I needed to get alot farther in the single player to know the maps alot better. Then try to play some online games.

I saw you on the rankings where it just shows friends ranks...Im patiently waiting for your re-debut on the online scene.

aparisi2274

So I just picked the game up last night... got an early christmas gift to BB!!

Anyway, here are some pics I took using the photo mode... I am the truck..

3132854106_0140021f30_o.jpg

3132028075_a8968bcf3e_o.jpg

So far the level designs are pretty good and the game overall seems a hell of a lot better than the first one...

I was playing the demo of this earlier on my nephew's console with the unopened full version next to us... really not convinced and I think he's probably going to take it back to swap for something like Valkyria Chronicles.

I don't think it helps that the triggers are basically unusable. I lost count of the amount of times my finger slipped off them. =/

aparisi2274 said:
So far the level designs are pretty good and the game overall seems a hell of a lot better than the first one...

It's all the first game should have been and more. Much more of a game and much better.

Psychotext said:
I was playing the demo of this earlier on my nephew's console with the unopened full version next to us... really not convinced and I think he's probably going to take it back to swap for something like Valkyria Chronicles.
The demo makes it no justice at all in terms of graphics and polish, or even gameplay as it's easily the least interesting track.

I don't think it helps that the triggers are basically unusable. I lost count of the amount of times my finger slipped off them. =/

Well, that's your very own problem.

Top Bottom