• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr Driller for Nintendo DS famitsu scan

BuddyC

Doggie!
dsd10.jpg

Pochi's theme song is so ... something.

Like you did a bunch of crack and then played a violin with your teeth, grinning madly, while repeatedly kicking a bunch of helium-addled squirrels for the lyric line.

Yeah, that's about right.

sasimirobot

I take it this game is really fun if you get into it?
I have only played for a few minutes and thought "meh" ,but if people like Dcharlie and the rest of you guys are going ape-shit over it I will be the first one in line for this one!

sasimirobot

Im not sure, it was on the GBA about 1-1/2 years ago. At the time I was playing Castervania, Advance Wars 2, and Yoshi's Island. It got kinda "lost" in the shuffle if you know what I mean. It wasnt bad, but I just had the feeling I was missing something (kinda like the first time you play Tetris Attack, maybe I just didnt realize how deep it was?).

Like I said this thread will make me pick this up for sure anyways!

JackFrost2012 said:
Pochi's theme song is so ... something.

Like you did a bunch of crack and then played a violin with your teeth, grinning madly, while repeatedly kicking a bunch of helium-addled squirrels for the lyric line.

Yeah, that's about right.

Don't forget the best part, the totally out-of-place funky drum n bass interlude that busts in out of nowhere, carries on for a bit, and then abruptly cuts right back to the hyperactive fiddling.

One correction though - the "squirrels" are actually supposed to be Puchi himself singing the song. At least that's how I always interpreted it!

In case anyone is curious: http://www.intensegames.com/songs/driller/Mr. Driller Soundtracks - Anna Disc - 06 - Puchi.mp3

(there are a few other choice cuts from the series in the root directory as well)

Bobby, or anyone else who is inclined to help, do you guys have some samples of music from Mr. Driller Land? I am absolutely in love with Katamari's soundtrack and would like to see if Mr. Driller Land has the same kind of production "value".

Jonnyram

On a related note, I busted out DrillLand this weekend thanks to this thread, and I was busy playing through the Star Driller mode when it hit me how the music was incredibly Sakuraba-esque. Does anyone know if he worked on this, because I can't find ANYTHING on the web that implies so, but if he's not involved, someone did a damned good job at imitating his style.

I desperately want a rip of the Drill Land soundtrack.

As far as the series, though, I have to echo sasimirobot's comments (in my case, based on the GBA driller titles). It looks like the game is fun, but some element of the fun logic just escapes me after the first few hundred meters down. All of the pieces start falling from, like, minutes ago, trapping me and usually blowing away all of my lives before I can even hope to accomplish an entire stage.

I can understand being careful what to drill and what not to drill, but after going down a certain depth I just can't remember what it looks like past the top of the screen.

(Waiting for somebody to give the full Drill Land sales pitch)

I'm on it, I'm on it! I was actually going to spend today on the rip, but I managed to get tons of good cleaning and organizing done around the house instead. Drill Land rip is right on the list though, I promise!

All the songs in that directory link I posted are in Drill Land, by the way, as well as other Driller games, so those work as samples. And Johnnyram, Sakuraba had nothing to do with it at all as far as I know.

Jonnyram

I've been playing DrillLand a lot the past few days, and I've now got the dreaded "Driller disease", where it looks like the text in my peripheral vision is wobbling as if it were going to drop down the screen :(

Anyway, I cleared all the level 2 stuff finally, and then I realised what the item shop was for! Stupid me!!! I blew a ton of my cash on items for Lv3 World Drill Tour and I managed to get to 1300m in a couple of gos.

bobbyconover said:
And Johnnyram, Sakuraba had nothing to do with it at all as far as I know.
This is really kicking me... I am convinced it's his work. The song I am talking about is the song that plays for the first 500m of Star Driller on level 2. It sounds identical to some of the Baten Kaitos work, and could well have been written at the same time. The thing is, this track does not appear in the Music Player (which is supposed to play all the music you've heard in game) and it is not on the Mr.Driller soundtrack CD. The only way to really find out would be if there are credits in the game... grrr, I'm so convinced, but I could be wrong I guess.

Top Bottom