• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaspora

The main character's hypocrisy in the pilot is fascinating, he doesn't think much of people with weak security but sneers at an executive using a blackberry, seemingly hates consumerism and Jobs while using an iPhone.

At this point I'm 50/50 on whether Mr.Robot is real. They went out of their way to show Mr.Robot interacting with other people but the way Darlene ask Elliot for permission at the end seems like too much of a red flag.

Yeah, that was a huge red flag to me as well.

Nothus

Guys does anyone know the name of the music track that was playing for the last few minutes of the episode? It was awesome!

aku:jiki

A-ha! I caught a mistake! The subtitle said "not everyone is as miserable as you" when the Wellicks were in the car but he actually said "not everyone is as awful as we are". Get rekt by my swedishness, Sam Ismael.

Also, damn, Elliot didn't have to roast Bill's soul and eat it.

Sober

hTtkRth.jpg

4 cups

#teamreal

Quixzlizx

I could be completely wrong, but I was kind of thinking that the reason why Dark Army backed out is because they got what they needed when Angela installed the malware in Allsafe's offices, like cooperating with fsociety was their plan B in case they couldn't get what they needed in an easier way.

rexor0717

A-ha! I caught a mistake! The subtitle said "not everyone is as miserable as you" when the Wellicks were in the car but he actually said "not everyone is as awful as we are". Get rekt by my swedishness, Sam Ismael.

Also, damn, Elliot didn't have to roast Bill's soul and eat it.

It made me feel bad in a way that I haven't felt bad for that type of character before. It was brutal. Like, I imagine that guy was already close to the edge, I hope he makes it through.

Ke0

Finally watched the episode. Really liked it, I felt really bad for Bill. Like I seriously felt like shit. It wouldn't have had any effect on me if they didn't have the accompanying social network imagery, showing his user profiles gave the speech that much more impact.

Finally watched the episode. Really liked it, I felt really bad for Bill. Like I seriously felt like shit. It wouldn't have had any effect on me if they didn't have the accompanying social network imagery, showing his user profiles gave the speech that much more impact.
I was really excited when he was going to apologize. Then they stopped him.

:(

-BLITZ-

Hehe. They are playing with us. Is he for real or not, isn't it Mr. Robot, are you ? I total understand that in the previous episode the nightmare Elliot had at the motel with Mr. Robot speaking with the guy at the crackhouse as all part of the bad dream, but now Mr. Robot talked with everyone, ohhh man, this time around was killing.

Cappa

Banned
I could be completely wrong, but I was kind of thinking that the reason why Dark Army backed out is because they got what they needed when Angela installed the malware in Allsafe's offices, like cooperating with fsociety was their plan B in case they couldn't get what they needed in an easier way.
I think this theory makes much more sense than Tyrrell paying them off and it's one I agree with.

Future

Hehe. They are playing with us. Is he for real or not, isn't it Mr. Robot, are you ? I total understand that in the previous episode the nightmare Elliot had at the motel with Mr. Robot speaking with the guy at the crackhouse as all part of the bad dream, but now Mr. Robot talked with everyone, ohhh man, this time around was killing.

I think the key is that they never show someone interacting or looking at both of them at the same time. It's always one or the other... So sometimes he IS mr robot, and sometimes he's just hearing his conscious or whatever.

But as said they kind of do this with the Muslim girl too so who knows. That's the whole point of the show

Although Elliot checking his phone while mr robot goes on his rants seemed to suggest dual things going on

Just Tyrell driving a wedge by exerting a little power and dominance. He's so edgy, he cares not for social mores... and she kind of liked it.

Just Tyrell driving a wedge by exerting a little power and dominance. He's so edgy, he cares not for social mores... and she kind of liked it.

I was surprised by her reaction and did kind of expect it to go in a certain direction, but he just walked out after getting a couple of long looks in...

Ridiculous scene though.

Future

I was surprised by her reaction and did kind of expect it to go in a certain direction, but he just walked out after getting a couple of long looks in...

Ridiculous scene though.

Interesting and memorable scene though. Shows clearly how this dude operates. Tries to assert control over everyone

I can't see T as a member of the dark Army. His MO is to exploit people. He looks for weaknesses and exploits them for his advantage.

Like, you could tell he was working (and is working) angles on Elliot.

I wasn't crazy about the last episode but it clearly set up future developments.

I wonder if they've set the season to conclude the story arc with Evil Corps? It's not like they knew the show would be optioned for a second season.

It will be interesting to see if Tyrell develops into the "big bad" as we might think he will at face value. I'm really hoping that the show turns a lot of narrative tropes we find in television on their head.

I'm hoping for the same. Tyrell being a big bad, which feels like it's a but guaranteed at this point would be tol safe. If there was ever a take some risks on how things play out...

While Elliot was sitting at the table doing nothing and interacting with no one.

That's what I've kind of picked up on now with every scene they're in.

I'm surprised we haven't seen the shrink in a few episodes (I think the last time we saw her was when Elliot jumped or Mr. robot pushed him).

And I just can't see Tyler being a villain.

rexor0717

That's what I've kind of picked up on now with every scene they're in.

I'm surprised we haven't seen the shrink in a few episodes (I think the last time we saw her was when Elliot jumped or Mr. robot pushed him).

And I just can't see Tyler being a villain.

I mean, he beat up a homeless dude for money, he's not a good person. But it would be interesting if he wasn't the main antagonist.

I must not be the only one where they changed the characteristics of some characters after the pilot and follow up review episodes... there was an initial assumption that the group was in part his imagination and this was teased with them never talking to each other when he was never around. Now with them conversing with each other, the hacker group seems to have just lost the mystery edge which is why I did not like the last episode.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I think they might be going for an UnTwist; the shocking reveal is that no, this isn't Fight Club, Mr. Robot is real.
I hoped for this but now I'm sure it won't happen.
I was really excited when he was going to apologize. Then they stopped him.

:(
This is key. Mr robot can't see Elliot yet he stops him just when he's about to apologize to Bill.

That shot is framed in a way that makes it way too obvious.

Four coffee cups guys

I think there's all the proof you need.
Elliot imagines things and people. So you can't never know...

Now I'm sure Mr robot is in Elliot's head and I don't mind, I think the dynamics work better this way. Can't wait for the next episode!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Absolutely loving watching the development of Tyrell every week. What an awesome villain.

_Ryo_

That toilet scene left me confused as hell.

If it played out like this.

"Oh, no, I'm offended but secretly turned on. Oh, you're actively sexually harassing me, and invading my privacy! (which was really code for DTF) and even though I'm currently taking a piss, let me give ya a show cause I'm just a dirty feign. rawr. "

then *rolleyes*

But she seemed genuinely offended and frightened at first? Why the act when he entered the bathroom if she was into it? Or was she really scared and was just gonna do what he wanted because she felt that fighting it would make it much worse for her? I don't think it's easy to admit that this type of thing would happen to you so even though she was horrified she probably won't tell her husband or anyone else about it.

But there were subtleties that implied she was into it, ergo confusion on my part.

he was initially too strong in the living room
so he went to the washroom for a hail mary pass
then he tried to assert his dominance even more and she relented, exposing herself to him
In that moment he regained control and that's when he thanked her and then went on his way, with "the advantage" still intact so to speak

At least that's what it seemed like
creepy though
inTeresting episode for sure

That toilet scene left me confused as hell.

If it played out like this.

"Oh, no, I'm offended but secretly turned on. Oh, you're actively sexually harassing me, and invading my privacy! (which was really code for DTF) and even though I'm currently taking a piss, let me give ya a show cause I'm just a dirty feign. rawr. "

then *rolleyes*

But she seemed genuinely offended and frightened at first? Why the act when he entered the bathroom if she was into it? Or was she really scared and was just gonna do what he wanted because she felt that fighting it would make it much worse for her? I don't think it's easy to admit that this type of thing would happen to you so even though she was horrified she probably won't tell her husband or anyone else about it.

But there were subtleties that implied she was into it, ergo confusion on my part.

I take it as he was trying to find any weakness possible. Remember this was their motive in getting a dinner with them in the first place. On the outside, they seemed impenetrable. Later, Tyrell made a comment to the other wife alluding to the husband's "lack of manhood," which clearly offended her. With him coming to the bathroom, maybe kind of liked the dominance factor that Tyrell displayed that she might be lacking normally? She's a strong woman normally and might like a change of pace? IDK

otapnam

I take it as he was trying to find any weakness possible. Remember this was their motive in getting a dinner with them in the first place. On the outside, they seemed impenetrable. Later, Tyrell made a comment to the other wife alluding to the husband's "lack of manhood," which clearly offended her. With him coming to the bathroom, maybe kind of liked the dominance factor that Tyrell displayed that she might be lacking normally? She's a strong woman normally and might like a change of pace? IDK

Well the husband did decorate the house.... Hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom