• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really impressed by how much of the technical detail they get right, or close enough, while making it be understandable to a layman audience, unlike most TV shows. It even seems to tweak its nose at the usual style of "we'll show a magic device and gloss over how it works" by having a character very derisively note the device he says he'll use to control the heating/cooling systems is a Raspberry Pi. I dunno, to me it was a funny moment of subversion.

I'll be interested in seeing how the existence of Mr. Robot plays out. Either it'll be the twist many of us see coming but want the explanation for; or it's setting up that expectation only to subvert it later. I'm on board either way.

Good episode. Vera's back, having kidnapped Shayla. Time for Taken, starring Edward Norton from Fight Club.

Liked Elliot and Darlene getting a bit closer at the end.

Wonder if Angela's gonna get pulled into the fold of fsociety.

That dinner scene was so bizarre. I mean, it was weirdly a turn-on but also not really. Damn.

And from the pilot to now, it's like the upped the 'American Psycho' factor of Tyrell exponentially. This is American Psycho, but the married and pregnant version! Two psychopaths in love.

Yo damn, the people on this show are ruthless.

Yeah, this dude is definitely in his head.

Gotdamn this episode is amazing.

Holy shit, this ending.

Zoe

Holy shit, that was intense.

KpkCWxo.gif

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
I have to agree this show better than I expected but what still bugs me is that I think Mr Robot(Christian Slater) is not really there and Elliot has a Tyler Duran thing going on. Not sure if this has been discussed.

Seesaw15

I'm ok with Mr.Robot being imaginary now. Of course comparisons with Fight Club will be made but at this point I think Mr.Robot is a more interesting story/ Elliot splitting apart from himself has more potential.

Since its been picked up for a 2nd season I'm sure the Tyler Durden reveal will be the season finale. I can't wait for season 2 where Elliot goes full Mr.Robot and starts fucking things up. Either way I'm really interested where the show goes.

realcZk

Wow, this show! Was not expecting to enjoy my Wednesday nights as much as I have been. This episode was great and I never thought the show would get this dark. Can't wait until next Wednesday.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Man this was the weakest episode for me, I saw the ending in less than 5 minutes into the episode :(
Everything felt very forced.

Really thought that toilet scene was hook and sink for Tyrell. I really like that the boss is just not a dumb character
Mr Robot appearing out of nowhere. Makes it obvious he's imaginary
This is barely angry Elliot. I really wanna see what he can do piss off

This show man. This show is so good. The twist and turn

No man No. Not like that :(
That is some seven shit with Shayla

McNei1y

This show is fantastic. I think everyone called/discussed that Mr. Robot is (can be) imaginary/split personality/Tyler Durden to Elliot but at this point, I'm actually becoming okay with it. It's just going to take some time to discuss how he's been in fsociety this entire time.

Anyways, tonight's episode was fantastic. I expected something to happen like that when it initially happened but somewhere during the episode I got a glimmer of hope it wouldn't. Nope. The show shoved it right back in my face. Damn you!

rexor0717

Brutal episode. This is certainly not the show I was expecting after seeing the first episode, but I'm enjoying it more than I expected. I'm most interested to see what role Tyrell will play.

Tamanon

Banned
Absolutely devastating episode, but so good. Great to see Tyrell taken down a peg, and we'll see how he reacts. His wife is the true evil force there it seems.

Shayla:( Wonder if that's going to blow back on Elliot.

BTW, I watch the show with captions on, and it's hilarious how often just "dark music" came on to describe the soundtrack.

Nocebo

Eager to see how the show follows up on all these things. Will there be a police investigation and will they find a connection to Elliot? There's a car with two dead bodies sitting near the prison and it should have Elliot's fingerprints and stuff on it.
Will there be any other consequences from letting a bunch of criminals escape prison?

Will Elliot try to get revenge?

Great episode. I still can't believe this is on USA. It feels nothing like any of their other shows (and I mean that as a compliment).

Nocebo

It feels a bit like Breaking bad now. The main character keeps getting more and more involved in criminal activity, inadvertently destroying the people he cares about and never achieves what he really wants.

T just got exposed and schooled so hard in the board room. Holy crap

Vera is a scary mofo and truly unpredictable when he wants to be and really showed Elliot how the game is played in the real world. Now Elliot will have to deal with this because this is going to destroy him if he lets it. An finally Mr.Robot was right the moment he showed up.

Fuck man... How far off the deep end will Elliot go? Knew she was a gonner before that scene but that was tense in no small part to the music.

The episode preview didn't really show any fallout.

Now its going to be Elliot and childhood friend. I hope they handle it better. Or else it will be cliché. Because I really like Elliot and Shayla match up

kmag

Now its going to be Elliot and childhood friend. I hope they handle it better. Or else it will be cliché. Because I really like Elliot and Shayla match up

Childhood friend is probably the most annoying character on the show, that or her boyfriend. Shayla at least brought a wee bit of occasional levity in a show singularly lacking in it, but ultimately I think the story needed an emotional driver other than dead dad, and this gives it that.

Dion314

Neo Member
I think this is my favourite show on tv right now

It's definitely mine.

Last night's episode was a turning point for Elliott I think. Typically Mr. Robot is around more to coach him or push him in a certain direction...even if it's against who he is or what he wants to do (like the Steel Mountain episode).

Last night he only appeared once and Elliott tried to go against what he was saying...and it turned out exactly like he said it would.

Mr. Robot is like the devil on Elliott's shoulder and I think after Shayla's death, he's gonna start listening to him more...which means shit might get real.

Props to them for killing her off too...I was expecting the happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom