• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoze

Still not sure how I feel mimicking the whole Fight Club theme and plot, especially if Slater's character turns out to be what I think he is. Also some of the lines are pretty cheesy, but otherwise everything about the pilot was excellent, especially the directing and editing.

Proven

Still not sure how I feel mimicking the whole Fight Club theme and plot, especially if Slater's character turns out to be what I think he is. Also some of the lines are pretty cheesy, but otherwise everything about the pilot was excellent, especially the directing and editing.
Describes pretty well where I'm at. Might as well give it a watch.

CS is an illusion of his mind. he created the hack himself

thats what I think

aRhbuNh.gif

Stoze

CS is an illusion of his mind. he created the hack himself

thats what I think

Honestly after re-watching the pilot, the Fight Club parallels are so heavy that I think it would be much more surprising if the writers didn't do this. I'm already preparing myself for the disappointing reveal.

I'll probably still enjoy the show immensely anyways if it keeps up the quality of the pilot

Kinsella

Banned
Was OK. Felt like it was trying way too hard to be cool, but still better than most of the other new shows I've been trying lately (Sens8). At least this hooked me in episode one. I'll give it a full season to grow on me. Does Hulu Plus get this show? Having to watch it on live TV reminded me why I don't watch live tv (commercials, no pause).

That was a strong pilot. The lead actor and the score put it over the top for me. I'm also getting some heavy Fight Club vibes, so I hope they don't do what it looks like they are going to do with CS. Please don't let it be that obvious.

subrock

Is the company really called "Evil Corp"? Like, fuck?

Mumbling is a bit grating and the attempted h4x cred is a bit cringeworthy, but the show is well made. I'll watch some more.

Tamanon

Banned
Is the company really called "Evil Corp"? Like, fuck?

Mumbling is a bit grating and the attempted h4x cred is a bit cringeworthy, but the show is well made. I'll watch some more.

It's not called Evil Corp, it's E Corp. He only hears Evil Corp in his head each time the company is named.

Rami Malek is an amazing actor and this show will certainly shine a bigger spotlight on his career.. Been enjoying his stuff since the sitcom The War at Home. Nice to see an Egyptian get his due in Hollywood.

Same here though I totally forgot about the show until this jogged my memory, I was thinking he was the best friend in The Hard Times of RJ Berger and I'm not sure why beyond it being a long time explains why I couldn't remember his role on the show, he wasn't in it. I can actually remember his character now in bits and pieces of his work on the War at Home and that's all I can remember.

Choomp

Banned
Watched the pilot a few weeks ago on YouTube and saw it again last night. Will stick around and see where it goes, cause I liked that quite a bit.

He's probably hallucinating quite a bit of people, but I don't know how they'll make that twist go. They won't go full Beautiful Mind I don't think.

Futurematic

He also sees it as "Evil Corp" in hallucinations.

He's editing his own reality: note how other people adopt his name for them, and gradually start calling it Evil Corp throughout the episode. I thought it was a lovely touch and fit the Fight Club vibe perfectly.

I feel like i'm the only one who didn't like this pilot a lot. It was ok. People calling it "best pilot in years" are crazy. Is this your first TV Show in the last 5 years?

As for what i didn't like. Writing was meh. A lot of bad lines, heavy technical terms dump "you see, we know stuff".
Main character is a hacker, so of course he's socially awkward and with some serious mental problems.
Whole theme of the show that the corporations or corporation is evil, is so stupid. It's an attempt to be deep and edgy, but in reality it's such a stupid non-issue.
Directing and score were good.
And i honestly didn't even think that Christian Slater's character might be in his head until i came to this thread.
Probably won't watch next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom