• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siegcram

Whole theme of the show that the corporations or corporation is evil, is so stupid. It's an attempt to be deep and edgy, but in reality it's such a stupid non-issue.
Directing and score were good.
And i honestly didn't even think that Christian Slater's character might be in his head until i came to this thread.
lmfao

I feel like i'm the only one who didn't like this pilot a lot. It was ok. People calling it "best pilot in years" are crazy. Is this your first TV Show in the last 5 years?

As for what i didn't like. Writing was meh. A lot of bad lines, heavy technical terms dump "you see, we know stuff".
Main character is a hacker, so of course he's socially awkward and with some serious mental problems.
Whole theme of the show that the corporations or corporation is evil, is so stupid. It's an attempt to be deep and edgy, but in reality it's such a stupid non-issue.
And i honestly didn't even think that Christian Slater's character might be in his head until i came to this thread.
Probably won't watch next episode.
Found the "technical terms dump" fine. Silicon Valley does more of it, actually. I like that feeling that I don't know everything and sometimes have to keep up, will still get the gist but it's fun to check up afterwards what everything means.

You know what happens we we try to make a hacker character as the opposite of that where he's outgoing, confident and a badass, becomes totally unbelievable like in movies (Blackhat, etc). A hacker with issues, is usually pretty close to reality. Especially hacker trolls who have pretty sad lives so they focus on destroying one thing or person's life with zero empathy.

Why are corporations being evil such a non-issue? Especially after the recession where banks and Wall Street are still getting all the love and want even MORE bailouts now in the range of tens of billions more by us the taxpayers because they weren't enough? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1058801

Theandrin

Just finished watching the pilot. I really enjoyed it and am now excited for the rest of the season. Hopefully this takes off as I could see it going places.

Futurematic

Just finished watching the pilot. I really enjoyed it and am now excited for the rest of the season. Hopefully this takes off as I could see it going places.
Well it only opened with a 0.46 (Suits for example ran between 1.1-1.6 season 1) but also it had 2.6 million preair views, so we won't really know until next episode. That said, C3 ratings should make it viable and they already renewed for a second season.

IKizzLE

I feel like i'm the only one who didn't like this pilot a lot. It was ok. People calling it "best pilot in years" are crazy. Is this your first TV Show in the last 5 years?

As for what i didn't like. Writing was meh. A lot of bad lines, heavy technical terms dump "you see, we know stuff".
Main character is a hacker, so of course he's socially awkward and with some serious mental problems.
Probably won't watch next episode.

Is this your first tv show in 5 years? Nah. Probably watched way more top quality shows than you. See how I can make assumptions too?

With that said, loved the pilot and can't wait for the next episode. Hmmm, opinions, how do they work?

CRS

So Elliot also framed Colby so Allsafe wouldn't lose their E-Corp contract right?

He wanted to help out Gideon since he's one of the few people he doesn't despise?

And I guess Angela getting the boot off the account had something to do with it as well.

bunbun777

I can't be the only one to think of Enron seeing that E. Also any show that calls out Brady as a counterfeit is OK with me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
loved the pilot but one question. how different is the online pilot from the one that aired?

first of all its quite a bit longer than the usual 40ish minutes. Second, obviously the cursing, that wont fly on a USA show (as in the network, not the country)

CRS

I never saw the pilot online so I assume that there's no difference between the online version and the version shown on the Network.

USA actually has been a big fan of the word 'shit' this past year and a half so that doesn't get hit with the censor but the couple of fucks that pop up do.

Also, this episode is longer and takes up an hour and a half slot because it is the pilot. The rest of the show will most likely be the normal 44 minutes length/hour long slot.

The pilot was great, but the preview for the season looks like the same cliche crap we've seen a millions times. The lead actor is awesome also

I'm torn

mm04

Wasn't sure about the show 10 minutes in, but it didn't take long for me to be sold on it. Really liked the pilot and am happy it's already been given a second season.

it airs every wednesday, so its taking the normal amount of time

i thought the name of the fish was a little too on the nose.

I kinda feel like "Evil Corp" and "fsociety" are a bit on the nose too.

I can't not see the ESRB "E" rating font when they show the Evil Corp logo, though.

esrb.png

i was hooked within the first 5 minutes

Rami Malek is excellent, the cinematography and editing are great, and i love the music

pretty much loved everything about this, definitely one of the better pilots of the last few years

I immediately saw Enron.

GUmY2aE.jpg

that was my first thought as well

~Kinggi~

Banned
In anticipation of this show actually airing tomorrow for the 2nd episode i watched the pilot tonight and i can confirm this has great potential and was in fact legit good. Who knows where it will go but honestly the quality of the first episode was so high i expect at least the first season to be great. You all should watch it.

Frog-fu

Banned
I was very impressed with the pilot episode. Whoever said it was "Fincher lite" was spot on imo. New episode tonight, I'm looking forward to it.

Sou Da

Elliot is becoming scary relatable. In both the first and second episode there were specific scenes that were pretty much in my life, kinda starting to bug me to be honest.

Good episode tonight though, glad to see the other hackers starting to interact with Elliot.

Yeah,
Mr. Robot is totally in his head.

there's no way for Mr Robot to have known about Elliot's dad unless there was a time skip or if they hacked him or something, but i feel like he wouldn't be vulnerable to that

this might be the nicest looking show on TV right now

"yo my man you gotta -- you gotta deuce it out over here alright...you got this....you got this"

Stoze

Good episode, though the fsociety stuff big picture plan is getting less and less interesting. Luckily there was a lot of other stuff going on this episode which was great. The Fight Club parallels continue with the hacker girl being similar to Marla.

Pickman

Stalled out a bit compared to the pilot but I still found it really enjoyable. When Mr Robot
pushed him off the railing
I didn't see that shit coming. I have a feeling
Mr Robot is in his head and in a flashback we'll see that he looks like Elliott's father.

~Kinggi~

Banned
this might be the nicest looking show on TV right now

Hannibal is the nicest looking show on Tv right now.

Stalled out a bit compared to the pilot but I still found it really enjoyable. When Mr Robot
pushed him off the railing
I didn't see that shit coming. I have a feeling
Mr Robot is in his head and in a flashback we'll see that he looks like Elliott's father.

That would be some real trippy shit if that were the case.

Anyway this thread is dead. And so far the show has been great. Hopefully it stays good and people catch on.

Frog-fu

Banned
Enjoyed the second episode. Show is very good. Hard to believe it's a Network show, especially when you consider the themes featured and the language used.

Anyone else notice they changed his lastname from Rodgers to Alderson? Most likely to avoid confusion with the sick son of a bitch from the Isla Vista killings.

really hope they can keep up this quality.

really enjoyed episode 2. even the side story of drug dealer, and another hacker.

Anonymous lol

Does anyone else find it really funny that Mr. Robot has a facebook page? Maybe i'll even recommend Mr. Robot on Facebook to my Facebook friends.

CRS

Another clue that Mr. Robot is in Elliot's head was when Robot was in front of Elliot while talking to the other hacker girl.

I guess Elliot just jumped from the railing because he was in withdrawal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom