• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a gun mentioned in the last few episodes and there are camera speeches in the show. This is barely a spoiler or some out of nowhere twist we weren't expecting.

It's the right decision but you are 100% wrong.

As a viewer of Justified or LOST, one know that sort of thing is designed and engineered to come out of nowhere (AND I FUCKING HATE IT) but now it won't.

It's not a spoiler like "OMFG SUNITA MANI IS IN THE BEST COMEDY DANCE CREW IN NYC" but it ruins the impact of a scene directly.

It's kinda sad that the word "spoiler" has devolved into only discussing plot twists and shit in our society, as if individual moments aren't important to a tv show

USA got the Dark Horse Reader of television streaming services

we miss you viewatu

TripOpt55

Damn that sucks that it is delayed though understandable. I'm the kind of guy who avoids previews and ads for the upcoming episodes too, so I'd definitely consider that bit in the delay announcement to be a spoiler.

Oh man, I've been snowed under all day at work but pushed through knowing I'd have this to come home to. Had no idea there was a shooting, definitely agree with the decision, but bummer.

Even worse bummer... it might make me watch S2E1 of From Dusk Till Dawn. It's the last thing on my DVR...

maxcriden

Just heard an interview this morning with the lead actor, now I'm interested in watching this. Hoping the previous episodes are streaming on USA.

They're all on Hulu at least. (And it's awesome. Watch it!!)

good luck bro
usa has the worst streaming i have literally ever seen in my life

This has been my experience too. Stick with Hulu! (It's only on your computer, though. I don't think they have the rights to do it through other devices.)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"USA announces that tonight's MR. ROBOT season finale is being delayed a week due to a graphic scene "similar in nature" to today's shooting."

FUCK THIS

I dunno. I'm angry that they're delaying, but given the reasoning (they may have a shooting in a public place while being broadcasted, even if it's "terrorism"-like) I can understand.

Weird coincidence that the pilot or well I guess more post pilot was affected by a shooting that lead to Elliot's last name being changed because it his name was almost the same as the fuckbag who did the shooting and now the finale apparently having something apparently similar happening on the show as what happened with the fuckbag from this morning.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's kinda sad that the word "spoiler" has devolved into only discussing plot twists and shit in our society, as if individual moments aren't important to a tv show

at some point in the finale Elliot will walk down the street

in another scene he will interact in some way with one of the other characters

Wow, they can totally air the finale now because there's been ANOTHER public shooting so now we won't be distracted by the one from this morning. What a great country.

"USA announces that tonight's MR. ROBOT season finale is being delayed a week due to a graphic scene "similar in nature" to today's shooting."

FUCK THIS

That is unfortunate, but completely understandable. As long as they're not editing/censoring the episode beyond the delay, I'm okay with it.

RIP to the victims of the shooting.

A bummer but understandable. Hope they don't edit it out.

I had this timed perfectly just coming into the show a few days ago, usually hate following shows week to week and prefer binging. Finished last week's episode yesterday and was all set to finish it off proper with several episodes being fresh in my mind. Oh well!

styl3s

If they do decide to edit i hope they at least put the unedited version on their site an any other streaming site (hulu if its on there, xfinity etc). I understand why they delayed it and it was absolutely the right call but when i watch something or read something or play something i want to watch, read and play the original vision. I am 100% fine with editing it for TV but at least give people the option who won't be so sensitive towards it the option to watch the original episode if they so please.

Reminds me of the Sarah Connor Chronicles school shooting scene that they cut out. I can't remember if they put it on the dvd/blu-rays but i do remember seeing it.

Zoe

Weird coincidence that the pilot or well I guess more post pilot was affected by a shooting that lead to Elliot's last name being changed because it his name was almost the same as the fuckbag who did the shooting and now the finale apparently having something apparently similar happening on the show as what happened with the fuckbag from this morning.

What was his original name?

chefbags

Now I'm interested. What was his original name?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, wow. I didn't even think of Elliot Rodgers until you pointed that out. Huh. I think I prefer the changed name, honestly.

Kreed

Damn...I just caught up with all the episodes of the show and then I decided to come into this thread to get hyped for the episode tonight. I don't blame USA/they made the right call but damn this is going to be a long wait now.

Ok so I haven't seen this show yet but i've heard a lot of good things. So is this show good for a USA show or is it good in general? Is it near the levels of like Hannibal/Rectify/GoT/The Knick?

Ok so I haven't seen this show yet but i've heard a lot of good things. So is this show good for a USA show or is it good in general? Is it near the levels of like Hannibal/Rectify/GoT/The Knick?

I haven't seen Rectify or The Knick, but I would definitely place it above Hannibal and GoT.

The Knick
Rectify
Mr. Robot
Game of Thrones
Hannibal

Is the ranking imo. Though the last two could be swapped if ranking their latest seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom