• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhino4evr

The piano version of "Where is my mind?" At
The end of episode 9 ,Was a little too on the nose for me. The show obviously has close ties to Fight Club, but it kind of felt overally obvious to me. Of course I'm sure a lot of folks didn't even catch that reference. It's the song that plays during the finale/credit sequence of fight club

aravuus

Its also the song in the final scene of fightclub (where they blow up the building that holds the records of credit card companies)

Wow, really? It's such an awesome movie I'm kind of embarrassed I've forgotten something like that lol

The piano version of "Where is my mind?" At
The end of episode 9 ,Was a little too on the nose for me. The show obviously has close ties to Fight Club, but it kind of felt overally obvious to me. Of course I'm sure a lot of folks didn't even catch that reference. It's the song that plays during the finale/credit sequence of fight club

The whole thing was fourth wall breaking.

Amir0x

Banned
The more I think about it, the more I am amazed at this show. I think if they finish the season with a great episode, this may be one of the best freshmen efforts I've ever seen from a TV series. They're so self-assured, giving the appearance of a show that has been on for years.

Herbs

Banned
The more I think about it, the more I am amazed at this show. I think if they finish the season with a great episode, this may be one of the best freshmen efforts I've ever seen from a TV series. They're so self-assured, giving the appearance of a show that has been on for years.

Totally agree. In fact I'd probably have gone for True Detective pulling that off but looking back on that show and comparing it to this one makes me see how wrong I was and how angsty and amateurish TD Season 1 actually was. Amazing series so far and near perfect.

CloudWolf

Elliot is Mr. Robot. Every single time you've seen Mr. Robot in the present day it was Elliot.
True, but that doesn't change the fact that the scenes with Mr. Robot and Tyrell are weird. We as viewers see Mr. Robot in the first scene as Slater, but Tyrell sure didn't. So why the hell would he use 'I know you did it' as a way to convince Elliot to cooperate in the final scene of episode 9? Unless we have to assume that the scene with Slater and Tyrell in the car never happened and that it was all part of Elliot's delusions.

Wow, really? It's such an awesome movie I'm kind of embarrassed I've forgotten something like that lol

Well, Fight Club didn't use a piano cover, so that may be the reason why you didn't recognize it.

The scene with Tyrell and Mr. Robot in the car is bugging me. Because it worked in the context of the stoy until they had Tyrell entering Elliot's apartement last episode and proclaiming that he knows that Elliot was behind it all. Why would he remind Elliot of that? He talked to him in the car two days earlier and it's not like Tyrell has any reason to know that Elliot forgets stuff.

They don't mention specifics in that scene. All Tyrell says is that he knows his secret while they are both in the car, which at the time, Tyrell believes to be Elliot setting up Terry Colby. Tyrell revealed that he knew this back in Steel Mountain, and was bringing it up to him again to show he had at least something on him.

-griffy-

Banned
even with that, it still doesn't fit the world the show built. Elliot wasn't narrating that scene like all scenes with Tyrell that didn't involve Elliot

Because "Elliot" wasn't in that scene, his Mr. Robot persona was.

Also this is a reminder to watch the finale all the way through the end credits.

Because "Elliot" wasn't in that scene, his Mr. Robot persona was.

Also this is a reminder to watch the finale all the way through the end credits.

just to confirm because i haven't heard anything, I can tell my dvr to stop a few minutes early tomorrow just so i can have it cool down in time for documentary now the next day, right?

I need to check my DVR, thanks for the heads up. A few weeks ago, it cut off the end of the prison break episode, and I didn't realize that Shayla was in the trunk until the 'previously on' segment for the next episode. :/

I need to check my DVR, thanks for the heads up. A few weeks ago, it cut off the end of the prison break episode, and I didn't realize that Shayla was in the trunk until the 'previously on' segment for the next episode. :/

Doesn't beat when BBCA showed a promo for the next S1 Luther before the last one ended, spoiling
his wife's fuckin murder
LMAO

-griffy-

Banned
Did they announce an OST release I missed?

Also BOO to the USA network store taking a week to process my fsociety tshirt. Wanted to wear it tomorrow!

(EDIT MAYBE NOT QUITE CONFIRMED?) The composer Mac Quayle confirmed on his Twitter at some point that they would be putting out a soundtrack album sometime after the season ends.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member

Reule

I missed last week's episode but going to watch it before the finale. Show is too damn good, definitely want a physical release.

If you have a PS4, consider renting or buying Until Dawn. I'm a good way into the game and Rami is pretty damn awesome there too.

Are there any sites selling straight up Mr. Robot posters? I've only been seeing the "OUR DEMOCRACY HAS BEEN HACKED" and while it looks nice, I don't want anybody coming into my dorm thinking I'm a nut lol.

This would be nice:
3tOU61n.jpg

After the recent Hackers rttp thread and seeing said shoutout to it in Mr. Robot being mentioned I thought I'd check it out. Loved the premiere, started to drag for me a bit the next few episodes and was kinda getting bored by the writing and characters but damn am I glad I pushed through, haven't been this into a show since BB, which this doesn't touch in any way but still, I'm hooked! Hoping Slater comes back in some form throughout and it isn't a Sean Bean/Ned Stark situation. Also they really need to bring back Vera, that actor just stops the damn show whenever he shows up, plus the obvious revenge thing Eliot works off of.

I didn't bother combing through the thread, any theories why Tyrell's interactions with Mr Robot in the car before the identity reveal seemed to represent such a different relationship to Eliot's other encounters with him? Guessing it was just a perceptual lens through Eliot's paranoias coating Tyrell as strictly a baddie to him prior to the revelation. Would have defeated the reveal of the true relationship anyhow :p

Gila

Just caught up

I am so fucking happy I came across this show after that piece of shit 2nd season TD. Best show of 2015 hands down

maxcriden

Y'all probably discussed this long ago, but I was reading the episode 8 review on HitFix and came across this comment:

"Right after he realizes Darlene is his sister, in the subway station when all the thoughts are running real fast through his head, one of the things he says is "Darlene would sing Frer Jacques, she rode her scooter in front of our house." Apparently, she was the little girl from his withdrawal dream who said they weren't friends and asked him what his monster was."

Neat touch. Really did not pick up on that.

Tamanon

Banned
Y'all probably discussed this long ago, but I was reading the episode 8 review on HitFix and came across this comment:

"Right after he realizes Darlene is his sister, in the subway station when all the thoughts are running real fast through his head, one of the things he says is "Darlene would sing Frer Jacques, she rode her scooter in front of our house." Apparently, she was the little girl from his withdrawal dream who said they weren't friends and asked him what his monster was."

Neat touch. Really did not pick up on that.

Makes that 404 Not Found sign make a lot of sense.

-griffy-

Banned
I don't even recall what that was. Sorry. Can you remind me?

When he's hallucinating and dreaming while coming down from the drugs, he sees his old house (mailbox says The Aldersons), then in the next instant it disappears and there is a 404 sign on a utility pole where the house should have been. Because he had deleted all of that from his memory.
NJ8cAhVl.png

maxcriden

Was on a sign on a power pole in front of an empty lot when talking to that girl during the scene in question.

When he's hallucinating and dreaming while coming down from the drugs, he sees his old house (mailbox says The Aldersons), then in the next instant it disappears and there is a 404 sign on a utility pole where the house should have been. Because he had deleted all of that from his memory.
NJ8cAhVl.png

Gotcha. That absolutely does make sense, then. Thank you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom