• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I came here to post this. That scene felt so eerie! Also, do we know what she muttered to Elliot in foreign language?

And yes the music is so fitting in the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqInryrKp0Y

So anyone understand what Tyrell's wife said in his native tongue?

edit: Found it on Reddit

In danish: I"Hvis du har gjort ham noget, så slår jeg dig ihjel." "If you have done something to him (implying harm), I will kill you"

GavinUK86

OVVMCIu.gif

Her mouth is so weird.

Zoe

I know some of u think tyrells wife is pretty hot, but she has some weird nose mouth thing going on combined with her character that just makes her disgusting
I wouldn't call her "disgusting", but she has a 90's/early 00's Angelina Jolie look going on, and that's not for everybody.

She's gorgeous. Kinda scary, yet kinky at the same time. That scene with her tied up pregnant about to get poked was great.

I know some of u think tyrells wife is pretty hot, but she has some weird nose mouth thing going on combined with her character that just makes her disgusting

And she has sharp kness and elbows. 2/10. Will not touch.

jtb

Banned
There's influences and then there's literally just following a film's plot and themes, beat for beat. I really enjoyed the first season but the finale settled for S1 merely being a retread instead of carving out a new path for itself (which, granted, they'll have no choice but to take with season 2).

JDSN

Banned
I liked the finale, one of the quiet strenghts that the show has its Angela so im okay with the Elliot plotline remaning unsolved, I think it works also not to show the moment he crashed Evil Corp, the show doesnt glamorizes hacking and the scene would have traditionally been be the protagonist typing in a computer with reaction shots from everyone and a bullshit montage with the team hugging each other, so im pleased at this show's take on that.

I liked the Mr Robot monologue, it was just a bunch of dishonest overly cynic shit and considering Elliot was going on those fedora rants earlier this season, putting them in the mouth of the antagonist shows that he is gonna grow as a character next season.

Looks like I found the next show I'll be watching.

Just finished the first episode. The guy playing the main part is perfect for the part. Love his look, particularly the eyes. Show is probably the most legit tech wise I've seen/heard about. There were a few "oh come on!" parts though. Like when the main guy asked the Asian guy if he reconfigured the DNS. You shouldn't even have to ask that. Or like when the girl asked what a root kit is. I mean, you work at this big cyber security firm as a tech, you should know that.

The thing I like the least so far is the actual Mr. Robot group. Feels like it's on the verge of getting real corny. Maybe it's just Slater that makes me feel that way. Guy just seems like a big corn ball. Take out that group and this show could be really good, alas.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I do find it interesting that Episode 9 ended with Elliot looking at the popcorn, then the "Previously on.." segment for the finale included the scene with Darlene hiding the gun in there, but it was never touched on in the finale itself. There must be something to it.

Not

Banned
Wait so has Elliot
been Tyrell all along too? Is that why his wife spoke to Elliot in that language briefly?
I thought for sure that was gonna be the huge reveal at the end

Wait so has Elliot
been Tyrell all along too? Is that why his wife spoke to Elliot in that language briefly?
I thought for sure that was gonna be the huge reveal at the end

No. She threatens him, saying that if Elliot has done anything to Tyrell, she'll kill him.

Item Box

I do find it interesting that Episode 9 ended with Elliot looking at the popcorn, then the "Previously on.." segment for the finale included the scene with Darlene hiding the gun in there, but it was never touched on in the finale itself. There must be something to it.

3 days passed since elliot woke up in the escalade. Something probably happened between then.

Hydrargyrus

The only thing I didn't like about the show was the Mr Robot/Christian Slater character. It was a pain in the ass every time it appeared. All the season would have been better without him.

The scene with Elliot talking to her family at the screen was a let down. The only thing that I didn't like about the season finale

The only thing I didn't like about the show was the Mr Robot/Christian Slater character. It was a pain in the ass every time it appeared. All the season would have been better without him.

The scene with Elliot talking to her family at the screen was a let down. The only thing that I didn't like about the season finale

Agree. It felt too corny too me.

I loved, loved, loved hearing that
'where is my mind' cover
at the end of episode 9. Great stuff.
Smart of them to make an explicit reference
. I can't wait to see where they're taking this.

My thoughts:

a) That Bud Dwyer type thing is tough to see. I work in the building that took place in. My office is literally below where it happened. I work with people that were in the building when it happened. Even though I wasn't around for it, it still hits close to home if that makes sense.

b) I saw the 'Mr Robot isn't real' thing from one of the first episodes already* but if Elliot turns out to be part of an imagination too (I think it'll be revealed that Tyrell is real and Elliot and Mr Robot are both imaginary) then mind blown.

c) Did I miss something or is anyone else kinda confused with the Angela story? I didn't catch what was going on with the lawsuit and how she got involved with Evil Corp. And did I hear correctly that she's the CEO now? It seems like a lot of her scenes have been cut out and they're skipping forward on her story.

*I started chuckling when Elliot and Tyrell were next to each other in the next to last episode. It was straight up Fight Club (Elliott) and American Psycho (Tyrell). Oh and then "Where is my mind?" starts playing to put a ribbon on the Fight Club aspect.

Zoe

c) Did I miss something or is anyone else kinda confused with the Angela story? I didn't catch what was going on with the lawsuit and how she got involved with Evil Corp. And did I hear correctly that she's the CEO now? It seems like a lot of her scenes have been cut out and they're skipping forward on her story.

She's in the public relations department.

Troy

Banned
I thought the entire season was good. Could have been great, but never quite reached that level. Not a fan of Angela at all. The actress isn't helping with that. She's a major bore amongst a show full of strong, interesting women.

UrbanRats

I thought the entire season was good. Could have been great, but never quite reached that level. Not a fan of Angela at all. The actress isn't helping with that. She's a major bore amongst a show full of strong, interesting women.

How is Angela not strong? Unless you confuse immaturity with strength or cynicism with strength.

Troy

Banned
How is Angela not strong? Unless you confuse immaturity with strength or cynicism with strength.

I didn't say she wasn't strong (she rarely displays it if she is though). I said she's a bore. She could be interesting, but her actress isn't helping with that.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Warning: Spoiler tags for Breaking Bad.

I didn't mind the ending. I'll say it here, the ending to Breaking Bad was pretty weak, getting the "payoff" wasn't very rewarding in that series. Walter White
mowing down all the bad guys, freeing Jesse, providing for his family, and dying on his own terms as a free man? It wasn't a particularly interesting ending. Bordering on fan-fiction.

Esmail said he has the ending to the series in mind, and that some producers were worried that he'd be painting himself into a corner rather than writing the show without an ending in mind -like that's somehow better?

In Breaking Bad, Vince Gilligan said that he had no idea how to use the
machine gun when they established, it; he just thought it would be cool as something to have. But because he established it, he felt compelled to use it as some big payoff, and as a result it came off as kind of awkward and clunky.

The best Joanna moment of the season was when she drinks the glass of wine when no one's looking at the dinner party.

I noticed that too lol. I was like WTF isn't she pregnant?

Whatevs, she's European. Not just European, Scandinavian! I think it's more about Americans wrapping pregnant women in cotton batting.

pbsapeer

Banned
Watched every episode this weekend and really enjoyed that. Elliot's character is brilliant and awkward and the plot line has really intrigued me.
Not sure if I like Mr robot or not it's hard to tell but my suspicions about a
fight club esque
scenario was right to some extent.
Good series

can't wait for the next!

tmdorsey

I just want to say that the Elliot = Tyrell theory is the worst theory ever. It makes no sense whatsoever from what we've seen. I will seriously stop watching the show if that turns out to be the case and I really like the show right now.

I just want to say that the Elliot = Tyrell theory is the worst theory ever. It makes no sense whatsoever from what we've seen. I will seriously stop watching the show if that turns out to be the case and I really like the show right now.

Have to agree with this. I didn't much care for the Mr Robot reveal, but it's acceptable. This however would kill the show for me.

Tyrell needs to be a real character and not just another Elliot personality.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
There's nothing pointing at Elliot being Tyrell so far right now. Now if Tyrell died during those 3 missing days and we see him again...

ryan299

I just binger watched the season over the last few days and it's awesome.
Even though I saw the twist coming
the show was still awesome.

There's a scene between Tyrell and Mr Robot (Slater), who is actually Elliot, how come Tyrell doesn't know it is Elliot the whole time? Or is just in Elliot imagination?

There's a scene between Tyrell and Mr Robot (Slater), who is actually Elliot, how come Tyrell doesn't know it is Elliot the whole time? Or is just in Elliot imagination?
Anytime you see Mr Robot interacting with people, they think they're interacting with Elliot. But like the "Evil Corp" thing, everything on the show is filtered through Elliot's perspective.

Siegcram

No idea what the people saying Tyrell is a figment of Elliot are on. That theory falls apart even harder than the "MR is a real person" one.

RytGear

Wow, really good season, finale was good but I am treating the 9th episode as the finale and this as the unofficial start of season two. It just felt more like setting things up.

Anyway Im not sure if this is the best place to ask but I actually decided to do a Mr Robot Box set collector's edition kind of thing for a project at school and wondered if anyone had any idea of cool things to add in? The Mr Robot hat and the stitching is an obvious one but any more? I thought the soundtrack could be on the infected CD?

Siegcram

You could hide files like episode scripts or the song lyrics in the soundtrack CD with DeepSound, like Elliot does. Or do the USB-drive sunglasses from the finale.

RytGear

You could hide files like episode scripts or the song lyrics in the soundtrack CD with DeepSound, like Elliot does. Or do the USB-drive sunglasses from the finale.

Thats such a good idea, I love thinking about what my perfect collectors edition would be for things like this!

Does anyone know how elliot knows where tyrell lives? Cause I feel like that's going to be an important plot point.

He researches pretty much everyone he meets.

I just binger watched the season over the last few days and it's awesome.
Even though I saw the twist coming
the show was still awesome.

Which one?

someday

Banned
No. She threatens him, saying that if Elliot has done anything to Tyrell, she'll kill him.
This scene really confused me. She looks at Elliot oddly the entire time and speaks to him in her native language as if he might/should understand it. Then when he doesn't, she speaks very freely with him that her husband is missing. I don't see how Elliot could by Tyrell but it was very weird.

Zoe

This scene really confused me. She looks at Elliot oddly the entire time and speaks to him in her native language as if he might/should understand it. Then when he doesn't, she speaks very freely with him that her husband is missing. I don't see how Elliot could by Tyrell but it was very weird.

She told him that she would beat him to death if he harmed Tyrell--I don't think she really expected him to understand that.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Yes, I agree with you, that scene is very peculiar. The are a couple of things to me that stand out.

At first she distrust Elliot but later I think she recognizes him as the tech guy Tyrell told her before and she tells him what we assume is the truth (she said she hasn't seen Tyrell since a couple of days).
Then we have what she told him in Danish, as she was expecting him to either understand or react to it differently from the expression she made after Elliot said he didn't understand what she was saying. And that facial expression was very deliberate, like if she was disappointed somehow.

I don't really want to speculate because I don't think we have all the information needed to get the right answer. I will say though I don't think Tyrell is Elliot nor Elliot is Tyrell.

I read the Danish speech as a passive aggressive slip up. She suspects Elliot of having done something to Tyrell and will thoroughly destroy him if her suspicions are confirmed, but in the mean time she needs to pretend to be friends so that she can extract more information from Elliot. Threatening Elliot was her losing her cool for a brief moment.

Zoe

I read the Danish speech as a passive aggressive slip up. She suspects Elliot of having done something to Tyrell and will thoroughly destroy him if her suspicions are concerned, but in the mean time she needs to pretend to be friends so that she can extract more information from Elliot. Threatening Elliot was her losing her cool for a brief moment.

Yeah, that said to me that she may actually have a modicum of emotion for him--contrary to what the "previously" scene suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom