• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

Shaanyboi

Banned
Tyrell's wife continues to look hot as fuck

Far more literally on Legends of Tomorrow
valentina-storm.gif

Super random, but the preview for next week's episode reminded me... did anyone ever find the music they used for the preview/commercials for tonight's episode? I need that so bad.

I'm glad they got this is out of the way, about halfway through the episode I was thinking how disappointed I'd be if there wasn't some justification for the weird tone and isolation Elliott has experienced this season. Divorcing him from the rest of the cast hasn't really worked for me, neither has the black market storyline. At least now we know they were in service to something.

Drakken

Gahhhhh, wish I hadn't seen some of the speculation about this from earlier in the season. I feel like this would have had much more of an impact. Oh well. Certainly an interesting development. Will need some time to digest...

Tamanon

Banned
Reddit has s theory that he is in prison for hacking that dude who was dating his therapist in Season 1. I can definitely see it.

Reddit has s theory that he is in prison for hacking that dude who was dating his therapist in Season 1. I can definitely see it.
That would make sense. His other crimes (killing Tyrell, hacking ECorp, drug possession) would have much longer sentences than he seems to have gotten.

deadeye

OMG, I love this show. I knew the theories were out there but to actually get an answer? This shit blows my mind. My girl just came up with something (not sure about the rules on spoilers but I will spoilers it any way).

So, now we know Elliot is in jail. Questions are now about how he got there and what is the situation with him and the guy with the dog, and putting up that site. I think he must be a security guard.

We know Darlene and crew hacked the FBI and there was a scene where they were looking at a computer and was like, "this happening tomorrow?" What's happening tomorrow? We don't know. But my gf said, after finding out about Elliot in jail. What if, since they hacked the FBI, they created his release?. He was talking to his shrink and said he just got these papers this morning. We can assume that he is going to be a free man. What if Darlene and crew didn't that? I think it could be true.

Any thoughts?

This show just gets better and better. Love it!!!

awp69

OMG, I love this show. I knew the theories were out there but to actually get an answer? This shit blows my mind. My girl just came up with something (not sure about the rules on spoilers but I will spoilers it any way).

So, now we know Elliot is in jail. Questions are now about how he got there and what is the situation with him and the guy with the dog, and putting up that site. I think he must be a security guard.

We know Darlene and crew hacked the FBI and there was a scene where they were looking at a computer and was like, "this happening tomorrow?" What's happening tomorrow? We don't know. But my gf said, after find out about Elliot in jail. What if, since they hacked the FBI, they created his release?. He was talking to his shrink and said he just got these papers this morning. We can assume that he is going to be a free man. What if Darlene and crew didn't that? I think it could be true.

Any thoughts?

Interesting theories there. The Darlene thing does make sense.

Either way, I want more...now!

Also, if you haven't grabbed the mobile game, it's excellent. It has a similar set up as the Lifeline games but the dialogue is very well written and you can almost imagine Darlene texting what she does, etc.

Much more enjoyable to me than Lifeline. Actually anxious for my next texts!

-griffy-

Banned
WE DID IT, REDDI--

--Oh, right. It also doesn't explain the hacking of the FBI he did and Ray's computer access. If he's in jail now, it's either gotta be after busting Ray, or due to 5/9 investigations?

Ray worked at the prison. He was a guard or something, but on the side he ran this website and a bunch of the prisoners were in on it. That's how he had access to Elliot, and pulling him out of his cell and out of the med wing, and could put him in solitary. That's why half the people in there were glad and half were pissed at Elliot after he got Ray busted, and that's why the FBI SWAT team just let Elliot hang out when he walked out of Ray's office.

golem

WE DID IT, REDDI--

--Oh, right. It also doesn't explain the hacking of the FBI he did and Ray's computer access. If he's in jail now, it's either gotta be after busting Ray, or due to 5/9 investigations?

Guessing Ray was the warden or something? Where would they access a terminal in the jail besides an office of some sort? Could be the library i guess

Zoe

So pivoting here: they're really pushing E Corp's currency over the past few episodes. Wonder if the Illuminati goal was to control a global currency.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So pivoting here: they're really pushing E Corp's currency over the past few episodes. Wonder if the Illuminati goal was to control a global currency.

I mean it'd make sense: Crash the market, make Bit--er-"E"coin the gold standard (like Bitcoiners wanted ages ago) and then in a pivot on that (which would be TOTALLY obvious) Elliot and crew crash THAT standard and everyone is poor and Evil Corp's assets are totally burned.

ezekial45

Banned
For real, Craig Robinson just blew me away this season. He was incredible, I would've never seen him as an antagonist at all. I hope he gets more dramatic work.

Grinchy

Banned
I really liked the twist. It actually has made the rest of the season retroactively better for me. For people like me watching the show casually and not reading every detail about it and all the fan speculation, the twist was not predictable.

This is how it must have felt for fans of Breaking Bad when the "Lily of the Valley" reveal took place. I was way too invested in the thread and it made the reveal look so obvious, but to a normal viewer, it would have been quite the shock.

Man I got to never fucking read fan theories again lol

But wait, how does Ray fit in if he was in prison this whole time? And in prison for what? Killing tyrell, right? Dont angela/Darlene know?

Ray worked at the prison. He was a guard or something, but on the side he ran this website and a bunch of the prisoners were in on it. That's how he had access to Elliot, and pulling him out of his cell and out of the med wing, and could put him in solitary. That's why half the people in there were glad and half were pissed at Elliot after he got Ray busted, and that's why the FBI SWAT team just let Elliot hang out when he walked out of Ray's office.

Damnnn. That's some awesome stuff. But what exactly was wrong with Ray's site. Must have been pretty important if he allowed Elliot to try and fix it, knowing he would bust him.

So when Angela visited Elliot, was that also in prison?

Darlene never mentions Elliot being in prison. Man, I really need a solid revisiting of past episodes

ezekial45

Banned

But wait, how does Ray fit in if he was in prison this whole time? And in prison for what? Killing tyrell, right? Dont angela/Darlene know?

I'm inclined to believe that Elliot's therapist turned him in to the cops regarding the hacks he did to her and her boyfriend from last season. Or rather, the boyfriend just went and did it on his own.

CRS

Ray was most likely some authoritative figure in the jail, anywhere from warden to a guard with access to a room with a computer.

Elliott is probably in jail for hacking the man Krista was dating. I wonder if Krista was a reason why Elliott got sent to jail. She told the police that Elliott confessed to hacking her as well. So she continued seeing him because she felt guilty.

Angela and Darlene both know. Darlene went to visit him once.

Sinfamy

I just don't understand why Angela needed all the "training" and a phone walk-through to type such simple and rudimentary terminal commands.
What the hell was she doing at Allsafe for years?
Also, are enterprise routers even known to run OpenWrt?
I would assume most in such a large setting would be configured via a Cisco console.

Sober

I just don't understand why Angela needed all the "training" and a phone walk-through to type such simple and rudimentary terminal commands.
What the hell was she doing at Allsafe for years?
Also, are enterprise routers even known to run OpenWrt?
I would assume most in such a large setting would be configured via a Cisco console.
Angela was accounts at AllSafe. She wasn't an engineer like Eliot or her ex were.

Even in E-Corp she starts off in PR and is now in Risk management, that isn't exactly IT either.

co1onel

In the first episode when Elliot said he couldn't trust us anymore, I knew there was something going on that we weren't being shown. But honestly, I had completely forgotten about it until now. I didn't expect that, and I didn't know people had been theorizing it forever now. Where were these clues I kept missing?

When the prison pastor brings up Elliott talking to god internally I wonder if she means us or Mr Robot

Mr. Robot, all of his conversations with us are internal monologue he does in passing. He actually speaks out loud at times when talking to Mr. Robot some times he's obvious with it, sometimes on the sly.

We know Darlene and crew hacked the FBI and there was a scene where they were looking at a computer and was like, "this happening tomorrow?" What's happening tomorrow? We don't know. But my gf said, after finding out about Elliot in jail. What if, since they hacked the FBI, they created his release?. He was talking to his shrink and said he just got these papers this morning. We can assume that he is going to be a free man. What if Darlene and crew didn't that? I think it could be true.

Any thoughts?

Pretty sure "what happens tomorrow" was hanging brain on the house floor.

Wtf at that dude Ninja slicing a bunch of ppl in prison tho

Anyways the twist reveal wasn't nearly as good as last season. Plus I didn't see him being related to mr robot or darlene. But this season it felt pretty clear that elliot was institutionalized in some way. Just ambiguous about it being prison or a psych hospital.

I guess the Craig Robinson shit was all flashbacks then? Like no way was that dude walking out in front of the cops and getting away with his involvement in the site. So maybe he gets sent to prison for that?

Honestly I don't even think it's supposed to be a big twist like it was last season. They explicitly frame his whole routine this season to be like an institution through monologues. Whether or not the prison was of his own mind or in reality he was still locked up. That much at least we were given directly.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I don't like this deception at all.

Why should i trust Elliot ever again?

Dark Army Black Ninja is cool.
Elliot was wondering the same thing about us at the beginning of the season. Trust, sometimes all it takes is a hand shake.

-BLITZ-

Now everything makes sense in the scene where Elliot sitting with the church group, all sudden, the scene changes, he's in his house with the red phone at his ear and Tyrell speaks. The red color gave assumption of being a prison phone, not to mention the classic look. When I saw that, I thought something weird was about this.

Now I wonder if Tyrell is really alive or not as I find hard to believe if Mr.Robot said truth. If his really alive, he could been the cause of Elliot prison being denounced by Tyrell, but for what gain, I don't know other than revenge for loosing his job.

_Ryo_

Been avoiding reading this thread since I haven't had the chance the watch the episode yet, and I don't have internet at home but I have a bit of a favor to ask. It's pretty big.

Could someone compile a list of easter eggs in this latest episode? I wanna have some fun while not spoiling myself too much but it's literally impossible to search for them without spoiling the episode, so here I am. haha

Top Bottom