• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

Maybe this is crazy, but do we know for a fact Elliot's father is dead? I know we saw the grave, but it's not like this show hasn't pulled one over on us before.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Maybe this is crazy, but do we know for a fact Elliot's father is dead? I know we saw the grave, but it's not like this show hasn't pulled one over on us before.

It would be cheap to do that, you can keep people guessing but if at the end it feels cheap and not "oh yeah that totally feels right" it doesn't work, I don't think Esmail will do that.

10 episodes without Tyrell makes it obvious that he is rather dead or if he's not there's some kind of twist involving him and why he's alive which will be really hard to pull off in a convincing way given what we know so far. The only other thing I can think of is that those 3 days since the end of season 1 and this season can make a whole new season. I just feel Tyrell was way underused. All speculation of course.

jm89

It would be cheap to do that, you can keep people guessing but if at the end it feels cheap and not "oh yeah that totally feels right" it doesn't work, I don't think Esmail will do that.

10 episodes without Tyrell makes it obvious that he is rather dead or if he's not there's some kind of twist involving him and why he's alive which will be really hard to pull off in a convincing way given what we know so far. The only other thing I can think of is that those 3 days since the end of season 1 and this season can make a whole new season. I just feel Tyrell was way underused. All speculation of course.

Tyrells dead and now elliots taken him on as one of his persona just like mr robot.

Angela's referenced his death before.

I guess what I'm really wondering about is if Mr. Robot is assuming the form of someone else in his life who is very much alive. The way he disappeared after that phone call and that reference about Elliot seeing someone as a kid makes me wonder if Elliot has fooled himself into thinking Mr. Robot is what his father looked like.

A couple pieces of speculation that I've read around the web, may be spoiler-ey for the last couple episodes...

3. I've read a couple recaps that theorize that Tyrell will emerge as a third personality of Elliott's (and he's actually dead). but I dunno. I feel like this is too much of a shark jumping moment.

Lol, that's exactly the type of shit the creators of this series would do. Let's be honest here.

Lol, that's exactly the type of shit the creators of this series would do. Let's be honest here.

How? Mr. Robot makes sense because of his significance with regards to Elliot (being his dad, being someone he could relate to). Tyrell being a personality doesn't really make sense since Elliot lacks any sort of connection to him to the similar extent of Mr. Robot's connection with Elliot. The only way I can see a third voice working out is if Mr. Robot gets replaced with Tyrell to represent Phase II (and likely darker shit, like wanting to kill people where Mr. Robot only cared about taking down conglomerates).

Ashhong

Just binge watched the past 5 or so episodes and GODDAMN did it get good. It was pretty slow and hard for me to get into in the beginning but I'm glad I stuck through. What an intense ending to that last episode. I was worried that it was the season finale when I started the episode. Happy to find out there's 3 left, but now I have to wait like the rest of you. God dammit.

It's one of the best shows on television right now and I'm enjoying it immensely. Both twists from season 1 and 2 punched me straight in the face with awesomeness. Seriously that's the only way I can describe it - they both came out of nowhere. I hadn't read all the fan theories beforehand so I had zero inclination either was going to happen.

So excited for the final two episodes and I'm super glad this has been renewed for a season 3. Roll on next week.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Damn, why dom pulls out his guns or give them any warning ?
She just drops to the floor giving a fuck about cisco and Darlene, Looks like she let them dies
What a bitch

I mean if you're going to get shot at, the first thing you do is hit the floor instead of screaming "DUCK!" It's a reaction.

How? Mr. Robot makes sense because of his significance with regards to Elliot (being his dad, being someone he could relate to). Tyrell being a personality doesn't really make sense since Elliot lacks any sort of connection to him to the similar extent of Mr. Robot's connection with Elliot. The only way I can see a third voice working out is if Mr. Robot gets replaced with Tyrell to represent Phase II (and likely darker shit, like wanting to kill people where Mr. Robot only cared about taking down conglomerates).

That and there are already holes in the theory of Tyrell == Elliot given they talk to each other at Allsafe, are in the same meeting with Terry Colby, Tyrell speaks to E Corp people/staff, etc. There's been intentional framing like Season 1 to have that theory hold.

The episode was fucking fantastic, those last few episodes have been crazy.
Glad the show picked up in the best way imaginable.

EDIT: and the music...fuck

But they did it again this season (the whole prison thing). They even used up 4 episodes for it. Even if it wasn't relevant to the main story.

How is a prison reveal comparable to a third personality? It doesn't make sense at all.

Also the prison reveal is relevant to the story, it was part of Elliot controlling Mr. Robot before he could go back to society. None of the other storylines would make gel if Elliot didn't go through what he did in prison.

tmdorsey

I don't think the Dark Army would risk pissing Elliott off by killing Darlene. Thinking that Cisco was the one and only target.

Also can somebody remind me who Scott Knowles is?

joms5

You don't say...

Just throwing it out there to cover all my bases.

How do you know that?

Because he used to send her gifts just like that. Plus who sends those kinds of gifts just to screw with people?

I think this show is a little over your head.

So?
If that's your best argument for "Tyrell is alive" I have some bad news for you.

SO?! Have you been watching this show at all?

Why would Elliot align himself with Tyrell only to kill him? It makes zero sense. Explain why he would kill him? Please enlighten us. Also tell me why they keep listing his name in the credits if he's dead. He's not even starring in the episodes.

But no you're right. They decided to off one of the most interesting characters/antagonists of the show in the first season without resolving what him and his wife's plan was all along. And you're also right. His body is in his SUV. lol wtf?

All this coming from the guy who thought the phone calls were coming from inside Elliot's house.

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

Before you question someone else's opinion you should probably pay more attention to the show.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
It would be boring and pointless if Tyrell is dead. Unless there's more too it than Elliot shot him on 5/9. It's a central mystery of this season. There better be some payoff.

Can I just give a shout out to the *amazing* Dom
pov shootout in China. So intense and realistic feeling.

Serpico99

It would be boring and pointless if Tyrell is dead. Unless there's more too it than Elliot shot him on 5/9. It's a central mystery of this season. There better be some payoff.

Can I just give a shout out to the *amazing* Dom
pov shootout in China. So intense and realistic feeling.

Yeah, that shootout gave me serious PTSD so I thought it was pretty intense and felt real.

LewieP

My guess is that the character is still alive, but even if he's not I am sure the actor will continue to play a role in the future.

Arkeband

Banned
I have a feeling that the whole thing with Elliot and the gun is that Romero saw Tyrell with Elliot and they killed him at his home. I'm not sure what to make of the bullet casing found at the arcade but if someone was killed there, there would be blood. It doesn't add up.

I genuinely doubt that Elliot killed Tyrell. I think Esmail is trying making a distinction between Elliot and Darlene where one is not comfortable with murder and the other is. And there will probably be a theme later on where Elliot's hero complex is shattered when he finds that he indirectly gets a lot of people killed.

Edit: rather, Tyrell killed Rom. Not sure if Elliot is aware although maybe subliminally.

Zoe

Do we have a timeline for when Romero's body was found?

Cause there's no way a body could be left like that for long in the summer.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Do we have a timeline for when Romero's body was found?

Cause there's no way a body could be left like that for long in the summer.

That's a good question, he was found dead by Mobley in ep3 this season with a "bad smell", so is fair game to say he could be dead since his previous last episode appearance. Yes I know, not that much help. I speculate he was probably terminated during Elliot's missing 3 days or right after.

Zoe

That's a good question, he was found dead by Mobley in ep3 this season with a "bad smell", so is fair game to say he could be dead since his previous last episode appearance. Yes I know, not that much help. I speculate he was probably terminated during Elliot's missing 3 days or right after.

Ok, an article written about Gideon's death was dated June 16th, and it says he was shot that Sunday. Unless they played loose with the timeline, Mobley discovered Romero sometime around then.

At that point, Elliot had already been in jail for about a month. Romero's body looked way too fresh to have been lying there the whole time.

Top Bottom