• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Blues1990

But he's a sleezeball with talent ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sorry, but I can't stand perverted characters. At all. It says a lot about his character that he regrets not touching Momo's breasts or groping Tsuyu during a hug. Even his quirk sounds like a dumb sexual induendo (sticky balls).

If he grows out of that & develops as a character, then great. Otherwise, I just fast forward through the scenes that involves Mimoru's schtick.

Ms3JqLX.gif

Momo's look made me think she was supposed to be a paladin (with bikini armor) but whatever. Mineta seems to just be a soldier, what with that chain mail hood-esque part.

Puruzi

Banned
Same, he's the only character in the show I don't like. How did this guy even make it into the academy?

because him being a pervert doesn't change the fact that he's actually good

I mean he was literally about to just destroy todoroki right at the start of the race in the sports arc

his quirk is pretty great

sn00zer

Just started watching this. Not generally a fan of anime, but this looked kinda neat. Liked the first ep....is it worth going through the whole thing?

Caught up with season 2. Uraraka is precious and her smile must be protected. Deku vs Todoroki was one of the greatest anime episodes I've ever seen. MHA is my most anticipated series every week!

My only complaint about this season is that both of the OP themes sucked. S1 was GOAT but the two afterwards were pretty lame in comparison. The ED themes have been great though.

PK Gaming

I absolutely love the reveal that Deku was misusing One For All. It's really obvious in hindsight, and also kind of tragic. His admiration for All Might/OFA made him buy into the idea that his power was this ultimate trump-card like ability, when really it should be something he should be using without thinking.

No bullshit training arc or unexplained powerup. It's all in the mindset.

NSESN

I absolutely love the reveal that Deku was misusing One For All. It's really obvious in hindsight, and also kind of tragic. His admiration for All Might/OFA made him buy into the idea that his power was this ultimate trump-card like ability, when really it should be something he should be using without thinking.

I also like that All Might wasn't able to help because he never had such problem. If you think about it both Aizawa and Gran Torino helped Deku much more than AM.

NEO0MJ

I also like that All Might wasn't able to help because he never had such problem. If you think about it both Aizawa and Gran Torino helped Deku much more than AM.

Well, All Might was never the teaching type. Don't forget, the only reason he joined UA was to find a successor and slowly step away from the spotlight. In hindsight even in his first class it seemed like he didn't have a full grasp on the teaching thing when Momo managed to give a better run down of what happened in the Deku vs. Bakugo fight than he could ever imagine. In contrast Aizawa has been teaching for a good amount of time.

caliph95

Well, All Might was never the teaching type. Don't forget, the only reason he joined UA was to find a successor and slowly step away from the spotlight. In hindsight even in his first class it seemed like he didn't have a full grasp on the teaching thing when Momo managed to give a better run down of what happened in the Deku vs. Bakugo fight than he could ever imagine. In contrast Aizawa has been teaching for a good amount of time.
Because of his condition he probably barely attends class except for publicity stunts and to remind students the HE IS HERE

The new arc seems promising so far. Going by this one episode, I'm liking the route the series seems to be going with Gran Torino's character. I'm glad the author didn't have him go "All Might might think you're worthy of One For All, but I don't" with Deku having to prove Gran Torino wrong. Instead, it seems like Gran Torino grows to like Deku pretty quick with the main problem being that Deku never properly learned how to use One For All.

As far as OPs go, I'm liking OP3 more than OP2. I think OP2 had solid music, but something about the visuals didn't work for me. I think the visuals and the music in OP3 compliment each other a bit more. Also add me to the list of people who really like ED3.

Lisa still have the magic touch.

There's something about her songs that tends to get me all hyped up hearing it regardless of how I feel about the show it belongs to.

When it comes to the pervy Grape Juice character I like to think his overall arc will be overcoming that aspect of himself. I think his mentor understood that which is likely why she stuck him cleaning up in a domesticated type of role.

Yes and no. He needs to have it activated all the time but he's still going to have to think to defeat his enemies, just not divert those mental energies into thinking how to use it.

PK Gaming

When it comes to the pervy Grape Juice character I like to think his overall arc will be overcoming that aspect of himself. I think his mentor understand that which is likely why she stuck him cleaning up in a domesticated type of role.

Yes and no. He needs to have it activated all the time but he's still going to have to think to defeat his enemies, just not divert those mental energies into thinking how to use it.

Sorry, I wasn't being clear. I meant use it without thinking in a reflexive sense. (Similar to how you don't think when you use your muscles.) He's going to for sure going to have to think in order to defeat his enemies.

I want to watch that AU anime now. (The new ED.) WTF are you doing to me, toying with my emotions like that? I need Boku no Fantasy Hero. Inject directly into veins, thanks.

I have such a huge soft spot for Gran Torino, so I'm gonna be pretty happy with any episode that is Gran Torino: The Animation. I was pretty impressed at how much of the other characters we got to see without shifting the focus off of Deku too much. It felt like even more content than the manga showed (been a while so I could be wrong). And Bakugō vs. Best Jeanist is hilarious to me.

Top Bottom